PDA

View Full Version : Mopeds & old Scoot colection (awesome)

dangerous
27th November 2005, 07:30
Well just happened to be passing a workingmans club and noticed a gathering of Mopeds and other old shiters... so in for a looksie, and look what we found.

I was impressed with the age and condition of these bikes and their riders, check the pics out, real expansion chambers, twin pipes, and I now know were Eric Buell got his under bike exhust idea from..... dident relise Heinkel (aircraft builder of the famous Me109) built bikes nor did I know that Philips and Raleigh did either.

Couple off small block bikes throghen in aswell.

dangerous
27th November 2005, 07:34
so cool.................

dangerous
27th November 2005, 07:36
love this old shit....

dangerous
27th November 2005, 07:40
helll heres more.....

dangerous
27th November 2005, 07:43
still going.....

dangerous
27th November 2005, 07:47
bored yet?

dangerous
27th November 2005, 07:49
last 3..............

Kickaha
27th November 2005, 08:48
last 3..............

Last 3? can't spell and can't count :finger:

crashe
27th November 2005, 08:50
Wow awesome pic's mate...
a great collection of mopeds/scooters all together at once.

Yeah I remember a couple of pushbikes with motors on them going around Palmie North when I was growing up... I have seen one up here in Auckland on the roads a while back as well...

limbimtimwim
27th November 2005, 08:56
I was impressed with the age and condition of these bikes and their ridersWhat? The riders till worked after 80 years on the road too? Now that is impressive :-)

Thanks for the pictures!

NordieBoy
27th November 2005, 09:14
And the "Renata" was posted before up at the top about 500 pics ago :D

thehollowmen
27th November 2005, 10:07
I saw some of those BSAs ridden at the Southland vintage car club rally.
gawd damn I love modern technology now

SPman
27th November 2005, 10:26
dident relise Heinkel (aircraft builder of the famous Me109) built bikes nor did I know that Philips and Raleigh did either..
Me 109 = Messerschmitt - they built a bubble car after the war and also a scooter, I beleive.
Heinkel produced mainly bombers (He111), but also did a tiny jet fighter (He162)
Saw a Heinkel scooter up in Aucks many years ago - probably the same one.....

dangerous
27th November 2005, 20:24
Me 109 = Messerschmitt - they built a bubble car after the war and also a scooter, I beleive.
Heinkel produced mainly bombers (He111), but also did a tiny jet fighter (He162)
Saw a Heinkel scooter up in Aucks many years ago - probably the same one.....
Shit I should a knowen better..... cocked that up aye, was typing and posting way to fast:blink:

Just for you ya picky bastard..... fixed

Motu
27th November 2005, 21:24
Nice - I've ridden several of those.I don't think the BSA moped is the real deal,maybe just a sticker on the tank.The Bantam is a D10,maybe 1967 and 4 speed....my wife thinks it was her friends,she's emailing the photo.Most were euro,but some,like the Francis Barnet were British.Most mopeds were salvaged for their petrol tanks in the 70s - for use on choppers.I carried one of those little Ducati 4 stroke moped motors over to OZ as hand luggage....I had it in a TEAL bag,they unzipped the bag,but just zipped it up again because it was still all dirty.