PDA

View Full Version : Bleeding brakes

Motoracer
28th February 2004, 15:16
The weather seems perfect today for being inside the garage and working on the bike. I have just put braided brake line on the TZR 250. I have done it once before and I never seem to be able to take out all the air bubbles. it never seems to be as rock hard as a pro job? Any tips?

Andrew
28th February 2004, 16:04
The weather seems perfect today for being inside the garage and working on the bike. I have just put braided brake line on the TZR 250. I have done it once before and I never seem to be able to take out all the air bubbles. it never seems to be as rock hard as a pro job? Any tips?

Dave did a pretty good job bleeding my brakes!! :Punk:

marty
28th February 2004, 16:14
it never seems to be as rock hard as a pro job? Any tips?

any pro should be able to get it rock hard. they get paid enough......

and don't eat in a restaurant located next to a pound. woof.

wkid_one
28th February 2004, 17:41
Crack the banjo bolt at the top....air has a habit of sitting in here and not returned to the master cylinder.

Motoracer
28th February 2004, 18:01
Crack the banjo bolt at the top....air has a habit of sitting in here and not returned to the master cylinder.

What do you mean crack the banjo bolt? If I loosen it, all the fluid will start pissing out. Or did you mean something else?

wkid_one
28th February 2004, 19:32
No - just loosen it slightly, enuf to break any airlock trapped there - then tap it with a spanner.

The other thing to do is the folllowing.

When finished bleeding the brakes. Lean the bike so that the Master Cylinder is higher than any other point in the braking system. Then pull the brakes on hard and tie the lever in. Leave it like this overnight. The pressure should force any remaining bubbles up to the master cylinder by the morning.

Motoracer
28th February 2004, 23:59
Cool, thanx Wkid! If it doesn't work I'll go and give somewith a vacume pump to do it.

wkid_one
29th February 2004, 08:21
let me know if it works?

Who did your braided lines? I got Greenlane Speed Shop in Penrose to do both the VTR and R1 ~$90/m

DEATH_INC.
29th February 2004, 08:24
Cool, thanx Wkid! If it doesn't work I'll go and give somewith a vacume pump to do it.
Kerry @ Motohaus has a powerbleeder if you need someone to do it....
A little trick I learnt if yer having trouble getting it started is to get a clean oilcan (or sim) and pump the fluid back up from the bleed nipples :yes: