PDA

View Full Version : NC30 - Dash problem?

Vegan
28th November 2005, 19:21
Just Aquired an NC30 (cheers 6chris6). However tonight when I turned the lights on, only the rev tach is being illuminated, while the speed and temp gauge remain unlit. Last night it was working fine :( ??? hELP

* Ok - twas just the bulbs blown (I don't think I did it ..lol) I was just over-reacting - rather than checking the simple solution first.....

NC
28th November 2005, 19:29
Just Aquired an NC30 (cheers 6chris6). However tonight when I turned the lights on, only the rev tach is being illuminated, while the speed and temp gauge remain unlit. Last night it was working fine :( ??? hELPMine went a couple of years ago. I don't really need you use it, I just read the revs and count the gears at night.

Vegan
28th November 2005, 19:31
lol...unfortunately I like the little lights down there. I'll pull off the fairing and take a look tmorrow I guess.

NC
28th November 2005, 19:38
lol...unfortunately I like the little lights down there. I'll pull off the fairing and take a look tmorrow I guess.
There is a bulb holder just behind the instrument, if its rusted or corroded that will be your problem. Clean it with eletrical contact cleaner before you put the new bulb in.

Vegan
28th November 2005, 19:40
I'm gonna go take a look now. Cheers, will check.

sAsLEX
28th November 2005, 19:43
just some little light bulbs in there, should/might be able to get to them without taking off the fairing. Just look for some grommets and wires going in to the back should be two or three.

look here http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=15308&d=1125915428

Vegan
28th November 2005, 19:58
yep - pulled the fairing off - pulled the bulbs out - connections look fine as far as I am aware - can see no sign of corrosion or oxidation. but I THINK the filaments are gone.... ...can i get these bulbs at the local gassy?

Vegan
28th November 2005, 20:00
yep both filaments are definately gone. Now - to source these puppies at 9pm - hope the gassy has them cos I HATE leaving jobs unfinished.