PDA

View Full Version : Low Sulphur diesel all over roads

jimbo600
28th November 2005, 20:37
Saw on the news today that the new low sulphur diesel now being fed into fucktard cages rots the seals in the injector assembly. Now this effects mainly older diesel vehicles such as the hundreds of Jap import SUV things going around. Folk can't be fucked fitting new seals as it cost a couple of hundred dollars so apparently they leave it as the problem won't damage the car but will dump diesel over the road. Image how much of that crap is now raining down on the roads we all share. It's not a WOF requirement to get it sorted either. Luckily though we all get fleeced through ACC levies to pay for all our injuries as a result.

But remember the road toll must come down...........as long as you drive a car anyway.

White trash
28th November 2005, 20:42
Thought exactly the same thing when I saw it. What a fucken joke.

But then, some of these people aren't paid to think, just save money/lower emissions.

jimbo600
28th November 2005, 20:44
Thought exactly the same thing when I saw it. What a fucken joke.

But then, some of these people aren't paid to think, just save money/lower emissions.

They're all cunts. (Oops there's that anger thing again)

James Deuce
28th November 2005, 20:45
That's interesting, because I notice a heap more diesel on the road up Dowse Dr and around junctions on SH2. Thought I was being over sensitive.

Sniper
28th November 2005, 20:51
Shit a brick. I never saw that but I bet the Govt will continue to turn a blind eye and claim the accidents related to the diesel spill are motorcyclists not riding safely. Then up go our ACC levies and down go the number of new riders which in turn leaves more dangerous cage drivers on the road.

Brings me to another thing (Hopefully not too much of a thread hi-jack). But you ever noticed how Riders always make better drivers? Less riders on the road and that means more bad drivers............ Fucken govt

/rant

cowpoos
28th November 2005, 20:51
fuel leaking from any where is a WOF requirement

limbimtimwim
28th November 2005, 20:56
Image how much of that crap is now raining down on the roads we all share. It's not a WOF requirement to get it sorted either. I don't think any sane WOF person would let a vehicle leaking fuel pass. Yes, I know the chance of 'boom' is low..

Anyway, make a call to 0508 33 55 33 and voice your concern. I think I will if I remember tomorrow.

thehollowmen
28th November 2005, 21:15
hey wait a minute
has anybody called up BP on this?

BP have a policy about their fuel damaging vehicles... they'll fix it. Will be interesting to see if they pay out for a crash caused by their fuel.

miSTa
28th November 2005, 21:16
Never saw the news item but I read on Teletext tonight that its not the new fuel causing the problem more that it is highlighting a problem that already existed :spudwhat:

Zed
28th November 2005, 21:20
Saw on the news today that the new low sulphur diesel now being fed into fucktard cages rots the seals in the injector assembly. Now this effects mainly older diesel vehicles such as the hundreds of Jap import SUV things going around. Folk can't be fucked fitting new seals as it cost a couple of hundred dollars so apparently they leave it as the problem won't damage the car but will dump diesel over the road. Image how much of that crap is now raining down on the roads we all share. It's not a WOF requirement to get it sorted either. Luckily though we all get fleeced through ACC levies to pay for all our injuries as a result.

But remember the road toll must come down...........as long as you drive a car anyway.Off with their heads!!! :Pokey:

Motu
28th November 2005, 21:31
We were doing a diesel leak a day for a couple of weeks,but none last week...the friday before we did 3 in one day! Friends in other garages half a km in each direction haven't done any.

Sounds like you guys have been sucked in by ''sensational'' news reporting.It's not the injectors,and it's not ''damaging the seals'',just really catching up with poor maintenance,kinda like when you change your fork oil and then the seals leak - the new oil didn't fuck the seals eh?"....just cleaned out some muck and made them leak,they were already stuffed.The o'rings just shrink and start leaking,they are all atleast 10 to 15 yrs old - bet you've done a few oil leaks on your bikes where a neopreme gasket or o'ring has gone hard and shrunk,same deal here.

A fuel leak is a WoF fail no problem there,but diesel is not a big danger as far as fires go,takes a bit to get it ignited...but yeah,not nice on the roads.We do 8 Toyotas to 2 other brands,mostly Nissan Terranos.I flat rate the time as they can vary - a manual trans non turbo can be done in about 1/2 hr,but the same job on others can take 3 or 4 hrs,so I flat rate 2 hrs,if they take into 3 or 4 hrs I'll try and pick up the extra time.Better that way than trying to explain why the same job can vary by so much,and hope we are on the winning side most often.

This is not a fuel problem brought about by government or fuel companies,but by the fact we buy in crap worn out vehicles put off the road in Japan,they come here needing major overhauls,but no one spends a cent on maintanence....but ultimatly they do,either in repairs or lack of resale value.

SARGE
28th November 2005, 21:38
A fuel leak is a WoF fail no problem there,but diesel is not a big danger as far as fires go,takes a bit to get it ignited...

im gonna start carrying some road flares... :rockon:

youd be shocked at how fast a road flare into a trail of diesel will identify a leaking vehicle

thealmightytaco
28th November 2005, 21:57

youd be shocked at how fast a road flare into a trail of diesel will identify a leaking vehicle

LOL, champion.

Motu
28th November 2005, 22:03

Are you picking on Asian drivers again?....this is discrimination you know,we don't allow that sort of thing on these forums.....

SARGE
28th November 2005, 22:07
Are you picking on Asian drivers again?....this is discrimination you know,we don't allow that sort of thing on these forums.....

no way man..im not prejudiced ... i hate everyone equally:finger: :angry2:

Will
28th November 2005, 22:09
Isn't there a "boy racer" law that forbids pouring diesel onto the roads? :spudwhat:

Doesn't this law apply to these vehicles pouring deisel onto the roads?:spudwhat:

After all, bikes are getting done for "excessive acceleration" and "loss of traction".

What say the lawyers on this site?

Timber020
28th November 2005, 22:19
A few mates trucks have had to have the seals replaced, its an expensive exercise. One lost a half tank of fuel in a day before he noticed (only leaked while the truck was moving). Its not a problem with the fuel, its a problem with seals. Hope my trucks going to be okay

Motu
28th November 2005, 22:29
Isn't there a "boy racer" law that forbids pouring diesel onto the roads? :spudwhat:

Doesn't this law apply to these vehicles pouring deisel onto the roads?:spudwhat:

After all, bikes are getting done for "excessive acceleration" and "loss of traction".

What say the lawyers on this site?

The fuel is not ''pouring'' out,usualy a regular drip as the engine is running and will be in the centre of the vehicle - always a good idea to ride in a wheel track,and take extra care in the rain after a dry spell....in other words,ride as per usual...but take care on roundabouts where vehicles are crossing lanes often and at lower speeds,spills will be more evenly spread.

thehollowmen
28th November 2005, 22:43
A few mates trucks have had to have the seals replaced, its an expensive exercise. One lost a half tank of fuel in a day before he noticed (only leaked while the truck was moving). Its not a problem with the fuel, its a problem with seals. Hope my trucks going to be okay

Then why hasn't it been picked up before this?

I noticed some big patches around town and had to modify my route because it was so bad in a couple of places last week.

danb
28th November 2005, 22:49
Great more pollution - All the good things Stage Coach and Howick and Eastern Buses + other diesel's need - Hope they tune the engines while they are at it - the foul shit that comes out of those buses is discussing.
Be behind one of those for 5 mins and your falling off your bike in a coma.

tracyprier
29th November 2005, 08:16
I'll second that.

Since I got back on bikes I know I have become a more alert, switched-on driver... although I drive as little as possible now, hey why drive when you can RIDE!!

Brings me to another thing (Hopefully not too much of a thread hi-jack). But you ever noticed how Riders always make better drivers? Less riders on the road and that means more bad drivers............ Fucken govt

/rant

Sketchy_Racer
29th November 2005, 12:28
jesus!! nothing like a good ol diesel spill on a off cambered corner to make your day!! fecken useless S.S.B SUV driving retards!!!

(ok i really gotta calm down)