PDA

View Full Version : GSX250 or GPX250

clockd
29th November 2005, 13:04
Hi everyone, just joined the site cause i am keen as on the bikes. Iv got 4-5 grand to buy a bike. Either lookn at getn a 04 gsx250 or a 01 GPX250. Hoping i could get sum peoples thoughts on which bike is better overal. Thinking of buying this bike on trademe http://www.trademe.co.nz/structure/auction_detail.asp?id=41729038. Hope u can help out. Cheers. PS if anyones interested in buying a type R integra my nickname on trademe is clockd.:beer: :drinknsin :headbang:

MrMelon
29th November 2005, 13:13
This would be a much better bike for the money.. It's owned by a KB'er too.
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Sports-tourer/auction-41037196.htm

These aren't too bad either.
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Toys-models/Rideon-toys/auction-41534603.htm

The new gsx250's are poo. The early 90's gsxr250's aren't too bad though.

Cibby
29th November 2005, 13:16
meh.

CRB250RR all the way.. hehe :):rockon:

Sketchy_Racer
29th November 2005, 14:36
meh.

CRB250RR all the way.. hehe :):rockon:

ALL THE WAY!! totally they rule!!

clockd
29th November 2005, 14:45
yea i know they r the best 250's. but the nicer ones are outta my price range and im 6'2 and iv herd the cbrs are pretty small. I have to drive into town and back everyday so im lookn for a slightly bigger bike. So which one is better the gsx250 or gpx250? cheers

Pathos
29th November 2005, 16:50
buy a cheap 150 and keep your cash for a real bike

hXc
29th November 2005, 16:53
Yamaha FZR would be good.

gamgee
29th November 2005, 18:15
the gpx is quite a small bike but you should be ok on it, performance wise i'd take the gpx, and it just looks so much better, but an even better bike is this one:
http://www.trademe.co.nz/structure/auction_detail.asp?id=41600813

Skunk
29th November 2005, 18:54
GPX250.
Bulletproof engine.
Tall.
Cheap.
Easy to maintain.
Parts everywhere.

Sketchy_Racer
30th November 2005, 09:51
GPX250.
Bulletproof engine.
Tall.
Cheap.
Easy to maintain.
Parts everywhere.

yes very cool bikes, it cause they are kawaskis!! and kawasakis rule!! :rockon:

Ivan
30th November 2005, 10:16
yes very cool bikes, it cause they are kawaskis!! and kawasakis are slow!! :rockon:

Hahahahaha when I stayed Glenn I must have convinced you that Kwakas are shit

shcabbeh
30th November 2005, 12:06
I was facing this decision a while ago and I'd have to say the GPX is the way to go. Unfortunately I went for the GSX-R which was an older bike and the maintenance just isn't worth it to be honest.

I've ridden the GPX, GSX and GSX-R and in terms of power and torque I'd rate them like this:

1: GPX
2: GSX-R
3: GSX

While the new GSX does look sexy and new, it's totally gutless. I like the sound of my GSX-R more than the GPX but it gets destroyed in the twisties and is about the same on the straights.

My mate Ryan that owns the GPX loves his bike and understandably so, it's a low maintenance enjoyable bike that's great for learners. His was also an older model too, '89 I think, so if you can get a newer model or even just the '89 you won't be disappointed.

ducatilover
30th November 2005, 15:22
yea i know they r the best 250's. but the nicer ones are outta my price range and im 6'2 and iv herd the cbrs are pretty small. I have to drive into town and back everyday so im lookn for a slightly bigger bike. So which one is better the gsx250 or gpx250? cheers
ummm the gsx's are nice comfy bikes but a bit on the slow side....if its yer first bike go for either one...ride em both and see what you like best:yes: i didnt do that and i hated my gn from the day i got it [and it was nearly brand new]

clockd
1st December 2005, 06:53
Cheers for all ure thoughts. Im gna keep lookn but iv seen this one on trademe this morning http://www.trademe.co.nz/structure/auction_detail.asp?id=41874248&key=5480. Its in auckland so its easy for me and if he takes a price that i can afford ill buy it. Iv been waiting so long for a bike now! keep all of u up 2 date.

ducatilover
1st December 2005, 09:42
i'm warning you it will get guttless quick and they are real heavy..... but for some reason i love the gsx's. must be the looks and the comffort, compared to the old gn they are a mint bike.

go for it dude and enjoy:yes: :2thumbsup

gamgee
1st December 2005, 20:34
the gpx250 is the better bike and it just sounds so much better when the supermarket calls over the loud speaker "would the owner of the black kawasaki ninja please move it out of the loading zone" :lol:

LXS
3rd December 2005, 07:15
GPX250.
Bulletproof engine.
Tall.
Cheap.
Easy to maintain.
Parts everywhere.

as above, great bike.. I've had my 87 gpx for a few months now.
good all round bike, just keep the oil & filter changes regular :msn-wink:

cheers,
alex

shcabbeh
3rd December 2005, 21:15
Haha aww, I put effort into saying the GPX was the better choice and he goes for the GSX. :(

Have to learn by yourself I guess.

gamgee
3rd December 2005, 21:42
the cage thats gone to the closest to beating my gpx in a 0-100 was today a chevvy camaro, we were dead even, but i dislocated my thumb last night so my gear changes were a bit sloppy, but yeah the gpx is quick enough! i almost pulled a wheelie in first gear just under power (not by dropping the clutch) i could feel the front lifting but yeah didn't want it to...

ducatilover
3rd December 2005, 21:53
the cage thats gone to the closest to beating my gpx in a 0-100 was today a chevvy camaro, we were dead even, but i dislocated my thumb last night so my gear changes were a bit sloppy, but yeah the gpx is quick enough! i almost pulled a wheelie in first gear just under power (not by dropping the clutch) i could feel the front lifting but yeah didn't want it to...
good onya......bikes rule:chase: i used to easily walk away from skylines and imprezzas at the lights....mwahahaha heil the 500hp per ton power to weight......:banana:

Roki_nz
18th January 2006, 19:40
not so sure about the gsx been gutless but it does love to jump when you touch the throttel

andrea
18th May 2006, 21:39
hey man I got a gsx250 its a little bigger than a gpx, I went out riding with my friend, shes got a gpx250, I must say the gpx sounds really good. both her and her partner own twin yellow gpx250's.

vtec
18th May 2006, 22:29
I've had my CBR250RR for a couple of years, and have just recently started racing it in streetstock. It's a brilliant machine and you can thrash all the time no worries. But since you are 6'2" I've heard that the zxr250 is suited more for the bigger type. They should be about the same as the CBR, I've never been beaten by one, but I'm a pretty reasonable rider. If I were you I would try to get a test ride on one.

If you think you will ever get into racing. The you should get a ZXR or a CBR. If you just want a cheap to run, reliable as gutless commuter, then get the GSX. I wouldn't really consider the other bikes mentioned in this forum. Mostly because I don't know enough about the GPX.

Actually now that I think about it, I think that the VTR 250 is a nice middle ground between the GSX and the CBR. Plus no fairings to wreck... and you will damage them if you are new to bikes.

gamgee
18th May 2006, 22:54
I've had my CBR250RR for a couple of years, and have just recently started racing it in streetstock. It's a brilliant machine and you can thrash all the time no worries. But since you are 6'2" I've heard that the zxr250 is suited more for the bigger type. They should be about the same as the CBR, I've never been beaten by one, but I'm a pretty reasonable rider. If I were you I would try to get a test ride on one.

If you think you will ever get into racing. The you should get a ZXR or a CBR. If you just want a cheap to run, reliable as gutless commuter, then get the GSX. I wouldn't really consider the other bikes mentioned in this forum. Mostly because I don't know enough about the GPX.

Actually now that I think about it, I think that the VTR 250 is a nice middle ground between the GSX and the CBR. Plus no fairings to wreck... and you will damage them if you are new to bikes.

:stupid: typical honda rider reply
duuuh i don't know anything about it so it's crap
gaaawd and to think i used to own a honda (albeit briefly) worst decision i ever made, i bet i could keep up with you through a decent set of twisties on my gpx, of course you'd probably have me in a straight line, but thats down to the fact that your bike is made to go fast, and if you keep thrashing your honda it will eventually die

Speedy
18th May 2006, 23:09
hey GSX250 is not a slow bike u ask all the guys ive ridden with etc only place a CBR etc can keep up is after 150 and only then can they slowly pull away , but none of that matters , u need 2 ride as many of them as u can al da 250s an see wat u like best they all handel different sound diff look diff its all up 2 u man i luv all da 250s , ive ridden a gpx cbr gsxr fxr yzfr gsx zxr etc nsr all of them an my personal favs are teh CBRR250 an the GSX then the zxr then the gpx and so on all gud man

N4CR
18th May 2006, 23:36
I've had my CBR250RR for a couple of years, and have just recently started racing it in streetstock. It's a brilliant machine and you can thrash all the time no worries.

Yeap what he said. Go for a cbr (they ain't that uncomfy I'm 6ft and have no problems) or a zxr. CBR more reliable of the two - geared cams etc.

Heheh vtec I'll have to get back into form and have a play with ya sometime! Texmo is making a comeback too.. could be a nice 3 way battle. Too bad it's 2 homo cbrs though. Sigh. :laugh:

P.s. my zx2r C gained on every 250 4 I ever raced in a line corner wise it's prertty much down to the rider though... stick that in ya pipe and smoke it :mega: :killingme

andrea
19th May 2006, 21:53
the gsx is a ok bike to ride i like it, but im trying to hook up with my friend for another ride though to see what the bike can do lol, when i was riding with her last time i was just following her.
what about the hyosung gt250r?? what are they like? ive been told that the
hyosung has had some good write ups about it compared to some other bikes.:tugger:

OMG
19th May 2006, 22:13
GSX is a good learners bike. Not the fastest (best I got out of mine was 160), but being big and heavy they make stepping up to a bigger bike easy.

vtec
19th May 2006, 22:24
:stupid: typical honda rider reply
duuuh i don't know anything about it so it's crap
gaaawd and to think i used to own a honda (albeit briefly) worst decision i ever made, i bet i could keep up with you through a decent set of twisties on my gpx, of course you'd probably have me in a straight line, but thats down to the fact that your bike is made to go fast, and if you keep thrashing your honda it will eventually die

Oi, you, :mega: I never said anything crap or good about the GPX apart from stating that I didn't know anything about it, that's why I didn't say it was crap or good... Typical Kawasaki owner, insecurities about your bike showing? :mellow:

Heheh vtec I'll have to get back into form and have a play with ya sometime! Texmo is making a comeback too.. could be a nice 3 way battle. Too bad it's 2 homo cbrs though. Sigh.

P.s. my zx2r C gained on every 250 4 I ever raced in a line corner wise it's prertty much down to the rider though... stick that in ya pipe and smoke it

Haha, homo CBR's will do just fine, it's working for me. Hmm, I would like to have a drag race against a zx2r C, they sure look nice and fast. But it's what's on the inside that counts. I've heard they have more torque, but who knows, I want on the street proof with my own eyes, and me riding. I don't know either way.

skidMark
19th May 2006, 22:30
the gpx250 is the better bike and it just sounds so much better when the supermarket calls over the loud speaker "would the owner of the black kawasaki ninja please move it out of the loading zone" :lol:

at which point you turn to somebody next to you who you don't even know and at the top of your lungs go oh shit thats my bike i better go move it

it makes everything else in the carpark look fugly