PDA

View Full Version : Apology to a car driver

HenryDorsetCase
30th November 2005, 10:05
I was coming into town this morning on the 400 and its a four lane road, pretty busy. trafffic is slowing and is about 40kph. so I glance over my right shoulder to make sure nothings in my blind spot before doing the trickle/filter through to the frontof the queue.

turn my head around and the car queue in front has nearly stopped and I am about 4 feet away from the right rear light of the car in front. faaaaaark.

no time to think.... but all that counter steering practice came to good use because I missed the car by about 30mm ... went between the two rows of cars.

I reckon my heart rate spiked at about 230.

Irony is, the reason I have the bike today is that its going in to have the brakes done (new braided line, new fluid, new pads....) and a WOF. Very nearly didnt have a bike at all!

I hate commuting.

Devil
30th November 2005, 10:08
Sounds like my morning.

*sigh*

vifferman
30th November 2005, 10:23
Sounds like my morning.

*sigh*
Stop whinging! Your morning's got nothing on mine. Got up at 4 AM (4 FREAKING AM!!) to take my wife and son to the airport, then got ready for work, did a load of washing, hung it up, fiddled with bike (best and only good bit of the day), battled the traffic, then had time for only half a cup of coffee (and it was a bad'un - Glenn made it) before going to the dentist. Yay, dentist! I've only just returned, after nearly an hour and a half of torture and drilling into my wallet. Nearly conked out twice, and best of all, I have another two or maybe three visits for the same damned tooth! Yay!!
Hang on - BEST of all the bests of alls, is that the bill will be around $1000!
Phark!

There goes my new rear shock.:thud:

Marmoot
30th November 2005, 10:58
sounds like your bike is ok. No need for the brake-do then? safe some money.
:hitcher:

DingDong
30th November 2005, 11:51
sounds like your bike is ok. No need for the brake-do then? safe some money.
:hitcher:
Your signature concerns me...

sAsLEX
30th November 2005, 11:59
BEST of all the bests of alls, is that the bill will be around $1000!

yeah free health care is great! the added benifit of a free degree helps as well! :yes:

Devil
30th November 2005, 12:03
Stop whinging! Your morning's got nothing on mine. Got up at 4 AM (4 FREAKING AM!!) to take my wife and son to the airport, then got ready for work, did a load of washing, hung it up, fiddled with bike (best and only good bit of the day), battled the traffic, then had time for only half a cup of coffee (and it was a bad'un - Glenn made it) before going to the dentist. Yay, dentist! I've only just returned, after nearly an hour and a half of torture and drilling into my wallet. Nearly conked out twice, and best of all, I have another two or maybe three visits for the same damned tooth! Yay!!
Hang on - BEST of all the bests of alls, is that the bill will be around $1000!
Phark!

There goes my new rear shock.:thud:
Thats nothing! Next time you can do my washing too.
I'll reserve a post for when I get all four wisdom teeth out + another in the next month or two. Should be interesting when they have to cut back some of my jaw bone to get the bottom two teeth out.

outlawtorn
30th November 2005, 12:16
nothing quite beats that rush of almost hitting a car.........:doh:

zeRax
30th November 2005, 15:32
something about that sig is a mighty turn on saslex :O!, i want one >;)

Gixxer 4 ever
30th November 2005, 16:25
but all that counter steering practice came to good use because I missed the car by about 30mm ... went between the two rows of cars.

Well done:2thumbsup Good save.:yes: You didn't hit so tis all good.:banana:

Marmoot
30th November 2005, 17:37

combine saslex's signature with my signature and you'll get a night of a lifetime :hitcher:

Oakie
30th November 2005, 18:35

Yeah ... best get rid of that. No one's going to read anything you post. They'll be too busy watching that sig........:banana:

Smorg
30th November 2005, 18:46
Fucken aye ive just spent the last 2mins trying to figure out whether it was her shirt or her jugs that were wobbling..... i came to the conclusion that it's both of them:banana: :banana:

HenryDorsetCase
30th November 2005, 19:02
Yeah ... best get rid of that. No one's going to read anything you post. They'll be too busy watching that sig........:banana:

:D

so true, my day perked up considerably when I saw that sig.

ducatilover
30th November 2005, 19:51
Fucken aye ive just spent the last 2mins trying to figure out whether it was her shirt or her jugs that were wobbling..... i came to the conclusion that it's both of them:banana: :banana:
you think so? hmmmm i'll go back and check....:lol:

gamgee
30th November 2005, 20:44
haha saslex, i love your avatar 'feel free to say no to this, but would you shave my coin purse'

Brett
1st December 2005, 11:51
I must admit, i have let my riding slip the last few weeks:nono:
I noticed it two days ago as i got annoyed sitting behind two slow arsed cars doing 60 up the south eastern arterial...proceeded to shoot right through the middle at some speed...dumb.
Have to watch myself a little closer now, or the psychotic side to my schitzo personality might just take over....

Devil
1st December 2005, 14:56
I noticed it two days ago as i got annoyed sitting behind two slow arsed cars doing 60 up the south eastern arterial...proceeded to shoot right through the middle at some speed...dumb.....
Hah. I really have to control myself in that situation, when the fucker in the right lane goes and sits next to the person in the left, blocking the damn road.

So tempting to wheelie through the middle, but definately not too smrt.