PDA

View Full Version : CBR750 Parts

wari
25th October 2002, 00:41
Especially fairing and indicators and mirrors ..... so far.

Kiwi
26th October 2002, 07:33
Hi

Are you looking for OEM indicators or after market like these ones?

http://www.desmodromics.co.nz/images/kell_duc.jpg

see ya
Kiwi

onearmedbandit
26th October 2002, 21:55
Kiwi,

Where did you pick those up, they're effiing brilliant!!

Kiwi
27th October 2002, 07:24
I import the indicators from Germany – expensive but awesome. In NZ available only from Desmodromic's Ltd

;)

Kiwi

wari
28th October 2002, 01:27
How expensive is expensivev?

Kiwi
28th October 2002, 08:28
Hi wari,

The Indicators are on special now
Black NZ$ 58.10
Chrome NZ$ 62.70
Silken-matt NZ$ 55.90

On the webpage is the old price shown

See ya
Kiwi

:wavey:

wari
10th November 2002, 19:37
Located some parts for my Hurricane at last. Searched all over NZ and discovered the hurricane was a bike designed for the American market, so started searching there. The wreckers in the States or should I say Cycle Salvage companies were not what I would call on to it. But Neanderthal Cycle Salvage have come to the party albeit very slowly.

http://www.cyclesalvage.com/

http://www.dropbears.com/bikelinks/wreckers.htm

moko
13th November 2002, 19:29
wari,try www.davidsilverspares.co.uk they import crate-loads of spares for older Hondas,including U.S. models.Try checking to see if the bodywork is the same as the original CBR600,looks like it but obviously cant tell from the pics.If it is you should be able to pick up a pattern fairing from the U.K.,or maybe a used one,they sold loads of them over here but the 750 was never imported officially,possibly David Silver or an american owners club site could help you out with info.Only problem getting stuff from here would be the cost of shipping it out.
I dont think it would suit the Hurricane but do you have Streetfighters in N.Z?,quite popular over here if you bin your sportsbike,set of flat or off-road bars,twin headlamps up front and you`ve got yourself a mean-looking machine.

wari
22nd November 2002, 20:47
Got my bits and pieces ordered ... coming from the States ... dunno how many times I had to tell them what I wanted ... either thick or inefficient !!!

Still ... as long as the parts are what I want I'll be happy.

wari
3rd December 2002, 10:29
Originally posted by wari
Got my bits and pieces ordered ... coming from the States ... dunno how many times I had to tell them what I wanted ... either thick or inefficient !!!

Still ... as long as the parts are what I want I'll be happy.

Update on this ... the dumb arse bastards finally dug out the parts I ordered and paid for after about 10 e-mails and two phone calls , only to discover that the glass was broken in the mirror, but they had another with a graze on the mirror housing , but they wanted the same price .. took them a week to e-mail me this !!! I told them to shove it and cancelled my whole order, which included two indicators.

The bike wrecking company is neanderthal cycle salvage... NEANDERTHAL is frickin' accurate !!!

I hereby vow never to deal with this bunch of moronic yanks ever again and recommend the same to you guys.

So avoid www.cyclesalvage.com at all costs.

:argh: :argh: :argh:

wari
5th December 2002, 10:30
Originally posted by moko
wari,try www.davidsilverspares.co.uk they import crate-loads of spares for older Hondas,including U.S. models.

Contacted www.davidsilverspares.co.uk and got a reply and quote in a day. Looks like I'll be sourcing the parts from them ... thanks for the recommendation moko.

Good to deal with an efficient knowledgable company ... not like that neanderthal lot !!! .. sheesh they were a waste of good breath.