PDA

View Full Version : "scuffy"

sunhuntin
30th November 2005, 18:17
finally the local dealership has got their act together and got my bike. dad picked her up 2 days ago, and i took her out yesterday. she now has about 70k on the clock. she is black with blue pinstripes [very striking!] and rides nicely. the dealer even threw in a helmet [after a little badgering] however they want to charge $175 for the first service....is this the norm?

i love this bike....she is beautiful....its nice to be able to slow down and even stop and not worry about her stalling! took her to whangahu last night and back in....damn shitty "road repairs" with loose stones everywhere...good thing i knew they were there.

SPman
30th November 2005, 18:21
But.....what is it? Another GN?????

Waylander
30th November 2005, 18:29
Heh, where are the pics?

cowpoos
30th November 2005, 18:35
I had my klx300r back from its second service the other day....$1270

three weeks ago...the dr-z250 [the bike I supply my worker] service cost me $387

I think $175 is pretty resonable

sunhuntin
30th November 2005, 18:36
yep, shes a ginny. no pics yet...want to give her a proper clean, the shop guys did a not very good job, lol.

cowpoos
30th November 2005, 18:47
I've gotr some awesome performance mods for a GN....you interested

she'll be fast enuff to orbit mars when I've finnished with her :2thumbsup

{runs off to find matches and TNT}

sunhuntin
30th November 2005, 18:54
naw, thanks mate. 80k is quite fast enough right now! LOL.

Zapf
30th November 2005, 19:17
I had my klx300r back from its second service the other day....$1270

three weeks ago...the dr-z250 [the bike I supply my worker] service cost me $387

I think $175 is pretty resonable

frikken hell.... what did they have to do?

crashe
30th November 2005, 19:26
Good to see you back on the bike again....:banana: :banana:

Take care out there on the road and ride safe.

SARGE
30th November 2005, 19:27
*snip* however they want to charge $175 for the first service....is this the norm?

the GN needs its valve clearances done on the first service... very normal

froggyfrenchman
30th November 2005, 19:29
good to see you are back on the road. Hope you enjoy your hours of fun riding on the new hog.

cowpoos
30th November 2005, 19:38
frikken hell.... what did they have to do?

the klx...replace both fork seal + oil and fit spacers...new front sprocket and chain...left radiator gaurd...oil,filter...clean air filter...new tires front and rear[thats my second rear]...spark plug...tune up...clutch lever...bulb...front brake pads...+labour

I went out for a trail ride with a mate...10hrs of abuse and its daily farm duties...its had a hard start to life this one...my last one nothing went wrong with it...but it wasn't pranged and crashed on a trail ride...errrr

ducatilover
30th November 2005, 19:43
I've gotr some awesome performance mods for a GN....you interested

she'll be fast enuff to orbit mars when I've finnished with her :2thumbsup

{runs off to find matches and TNT}
heh thats the idea......congrats on the new bike. i hope you enjoy it cos i didnt enjoy mine.....:thud:

sunhuntin
30th November 2005, 21:05
thanks guys. spoke to a guy tonight who bought an 05 ginny with 60-odd k on the clock. his service cost over $200 he was saying.

had her out just tonight....running fine, and saw a rabbit on the way home [took a detour!] lmfao. will attempt to get photos tomorrow.

Zed
30th November 2005, 22:18
...running fine, and saw a rabbit on the way home [took a detour!] lmfao.Lol, is that what ginny's do when they see rabbits!! :lol:

Ginny? Oh a GN250 nickname, right, must remember...

Congrats on the new bike, you sound thrilled with it Sun! Keep the rubber side down. :2thumbsup

sunhuntin
1st December 2005, 17:35
will get some pics up at some stage. havent ridden her today, but am taking her out tonight.