PDA

View Full Version : Just to say hello!

Immigrant
30th November 2005, 21:02
Emigrated to NZ about 8 months ago from Northern Ireland,living in Timaru but working in Temuka.
Brought the bike over in the container and eventually got it registered,WOF etc. She's not exactly the fastest bike on the road but she suits me fine and I'll be keeping her hopefully for a few years yet.
I try and get away early on Sat or Sunday mornings for a bit of a run, been up to Tekapo and ChCh and some of the local roads(the 2 windy bits up behind Cave get me every time).
be keen to meet some local KB's for a run sometime
All the Best

crashe
30th November 2005, 21:07
Kia ora and welcome to New Zealand and KB.:2thumbsup

There are quite a few KBers living in the South Island...:banana:

thehollowmen
30th November 2005, 21:20
welcome
what sorta area are you from that side of the boarder?

Zed
30th November 2005, 22:11
Brought the bike over in the container and eventually got it registered,WOF etc. She's not exactly the fastest bike on the road but she suits me fine and I'll be keeping her hopefully for a few years yet.Welcome to KB!

The Bandit600 is no slouch on the road mate, all depends on the rider dunnit?? :yes: Did you have any probs freighting it over, and why did you decide to bring it rather than sell back in the homeland?

Enjoy yourself. :2thumbsup

Dadpole
30th November 2005, 23:22
Greetings and Salutations Immigrant.
Welcome to KB, and some of the best roads in NZ right at your back door. Enjoy.

zadok
1st December 2005, 09:51
Welcome to K.B mate. There are plenty of riders south of you to ride with. You should have fun.:spudwave:

emaN
1st December 2005, 10:16
welcome........here!
glad to see you brought the bike wiv' ya - we did the same earlier this year.
i'm sure you'll meet plenty of KB'rs down your way soon enough!
watch out for rozzers tho', most ain't 'biker friendly' at all...kinda 'welsh' in their approach

Jabez
1st December 2005, 12:17
Welcome....:)

judgeshock
1st December 2005, 12:28
Welcome along man, good to see you are local. :2thumbsup

Sniper
1st December 2005, 13:41
Hey mate and welcome.

Immigrant
1st December 2005, 19:48
It wasn't too hard to bring the bike over,the 2nd hand price wasnt going to be that great at home and there was some room in the container.
she had to be steam cleaned before she left and the brakes had to be certified when she got here,there was all the usual red tape re VIN and proof of ownership,the hardest part was probably getting a trailer organised and time off work to get it sorted out.But if I had been better organised I probably could got it done a lot quicker.
I come from Dromore in Co. Down which is about 20 mins south of Belfast

Dadpole
1st December 2005, 21:36
kinda 'welsh' in their approach

Shudder.. :blip:

CPB
7th December 2005, 13:50
Emigrated to NZ about 8 months ago from Northern Ireland,living in Timaru but working in Temuka.
Brought the bike over in the container and eventually got it registered,WOF etc. She's not exactly the fastest bike on the road but she suits me fine and I'll be keeping her hopefully for a few years yet.
I try and get away early on Sat or Sunday mornings for a bit of a run, been up to Tekapo and ChCh and some of the local roads(the 2 windy bits up behind Cave get me every time).
be keen to meet some local KB's for a run sometime
All the Best

Greetings Immigrant!! I'm a former, please don't hold it against me, Pleasant Point boy, so know the roads you're talking about well!! (Don't worry I ran away to the Army as soon as I was old enough!!T The locals thought I was a bit strange liking the two wheeled beasts).
Welcome to the site!:yes:

Fordy
7th December 2005, 15:30
Hiya :spudwave:

I'm originally from Ulster, my parents emmigrated to England in '73.

Nice avatar of yer maun :2thumbsup

Macktheknife
7th December 2005, 19:11
Hello and welcome to the insanity of KB, sounds like you'll fit in nicely. 600 Bandit is a nice ride for NZ roads.

danb
7th December 2005, 20:53
Welcome.. :drinknsin

Immigrant
8th December 2005, 20:17
I'm glad someone recognised the avatar