PDA

View Full Version : Piccys of my bike

leenok
1st December 2005, 11:05
Just thought I'd post a couple of pics of my bike.

Cheers

Lee

vifferman
1st December 2005, 11:11
That was a good thought, Lee! :niceone:
Kewl looking ride - I bet it sounds great with them thar zorsts onnit. :2thumbsup

DemonWolf
1st December 2005, 11:12
hmmm... very interesting... kinda growing on me =)

Much wind deflection from the instrument cover (wouldn't have a clue what ya'd call it sorry) ??

leenok
1st December 2005, 11:15

Much wind deflection from the instrument cover (wouldn't have a clue what ya'd call it sorry) ??

Not really, I'm thinking about a small screen but I don't really like the look of them.

Cheers

Lee

emaN
1st December 2005, 11:16
nice...thanks for sharing!
not sure about the belly-pan; would be cool to see the bike with/without it..
did you polish yer rims, or get 'em done somewhere?

Colapop
1st December 2005, 11:18
It's luverly...

leenok
1st December 2005, 11:19
nice...thanks for sharing!
not sure about the belly-pan; would be cool to see the bike with/without it..
did you polish yer rims, or get 'em done somewhere?

I polished the front one but the rear wheel was powder coated and I couldn't be bothered to sand it so I got Auto Colour Matrix to polish it and paint them.

Cheers

Lee

Sniper
1st December 2005, 11:22
That look pretty neat matey. Well done.

emaN
1st December 2005, 11:22
been toying with doing the same to mine; rim polished, spokes painted, kinda thing..
what did they charge you for the priviledge?

leenok
1st December 2005, 11:26
been toying with doing the same to mine; rim polished, spokes painted, kinda thing..
what did they charge you for the priviledge?

I think it was about $400, polished and painted.

Cheers

Lee

Zed
1st December 2005, 11:48

Cheers

LeeGood looking bike there leenok, I see some similarities to the Honda Blackbird swingarm & frame. Apparently they go like a rocket! :spudbn:

leenok
1st December 2005, 11:49
Do you have a before picture of it?

four cyclinder 1100? what do the exhausts make is sound like?

I'll try and find a "before piccy".
The cans are not too loud, just nice!

Cheers

Lee

leenok
1st December 2005, 11:50
Good looking bike there leenok, I see some similarities to the Honda Blackbird swingarm & frame. Apparently they go like a rocket! :spudbn:

It's basically a naked Blackbird with the engine reworked for more torque.

Cheers

Lee

Zed
1st December 2005, 11:51
It's basically a naked Blackbird with the engine reworked for more torque.

Cheers

LeeYou have good taste then. :blip:

skelstar
1st December 2005, 11:57
Very nice looking bike Lee. How much of the plastic stuff on the front of the motor is aftermarket?

judgeshock
1st December 2005, 11:58
Nice ride dude, something quite different:2thumbsup

jrandom
1st December 2005, 11:59
That bike is dead sexy.

Love the bellypan, too.

The Stranger
1st December 2005, 12:07
Hey Zed

was that you i approached in jervois? i was the coppa, had just done an armed pullover of a truck, came to talk to you about your bike?

You wandered across and spoke to me in Ponsonby the other day.

Also spoke with another cop at a check point in Western Springs a short while ago. He gave me a bit of a wind up about the damage and told me to go clean it. Wondered if it was someone from here.

leenok
1st December 2005, 12:19
Very nice looking bike Lee. How much of the plastic stuff on the front of the motor is aftermarket?

Only the bellypan.

Cheers

Lee

judgeshock
1st December 2005, 12:25
you should check out sportsbikesnz.co.nz

they have a cool lower fairing kit for the vtr...its not that expensive, about $500

Yeah that looks quite cool:rockon:

Zed
1st December 2005, 13:08
I thought he said his name was Zed...the guy i talked to i was only talking about his bike, said i liked it, wasnt "being a cop" just a biker to a biker.(even though i was in a patrol car)

the damage? clean what?Not I sir! I am concerned however that there is another "Zed" around town riding an awesome bike that I don't know about! I usually don't introduce myself as Zed either, unless it's a KB event. :blink:

skelstar
1st December 2005, 13:23
Not I sir! I am concerned however that there is another "Zed" around town riding an awesome bike that I don't know about! I usually don't introduce myself as Zed either, unless it's a KB event. :blink:

Judge: "Would the defendant please state his name.."
Defendant: "....umm....Zed?...:blip: "

onearmedbandit
1st December 2005, 16:57
Nice bike. Tell me, I remember that when the Blackbird was released (don't know if it was changed on later models) they had no adjustment for the front suspension. Is this the same for the X-11? And what was Honda's reasoning?

Did they consider the front kit to be good enough? Did they believe that owners would only stuff up the front settings? (As being a sports-tourer style bike few owners would look to improve the suspension for that extra sec off their lap times.)

froggyfrenchman
1st December 2005, 19:00
Phew....... and other admirational noises

skidMark
1st December 2005, 19:03

thats what visors are for :yes:

Macktheknife
1st December 2005, 19:06
DAMN thats sexy.

leenok
1st December 2005, 19:32
Nice bike. Tell me, I remember that when the Blackbird was released (don't know if it was changed on later models) they had no adjustment for the front suspension. Is this the same for the X-11? And what was Honda's reasoning?

Did they consider the front kit to be good enough? Did they believe that owners would only stuff up the front settings? (As being a sports-tourer style bike few owners would look to improve the suspension for that extra sec off their lap times.)

I don't know Honda's reasoning but no, there is no adjustment on the front suspension.

Cheers

Lee

raster
1st December 2005, 19:43
Cool.!!!!!

zadok
1st December 2005, 19:47
I'm impressed. Very nice bike. A bikini fairing might be the go.

aff-man
1st December 2005, 20:22
tastey .... very tastey

Wellyman
1st December 2005, 20:25
Sweet bike matey. It all good, it's all Honda!