PDA

View Full Version : 21 Years - got pics?

Big Dave
1st December 2005, 15:09
Just an idea at this stage - i'd like to make a bit of a quick montage of images celebrating Kiwi Rider magazine's 21st Birthday edition.

The boys over at the mag are dragging their arses getting the edition to bed as we speak, so resources are limited, but some of you guys can contribute i know.

For a flash animation on the title page of kiwirider.co.nz do you have an 'iconic' pic that captures the spirit of motorcycling in NZ over the last 25 years.

I've got the last 5 years well documented - but could do with some older stuff. Clear Low res will do.

Watchagot?

Also - check this! - $45 bucks off the stand price if you subscribe. 4 and a half editions free. Or don't pay anything for 9 editions of dirt - or road - if that floats your boat.

Motu
1st December 2005, 17:02
Merv would be the one,he's got heaps of early photos.

LB
1st December 2005, 18:03
Merv would be the one,he's got heaps of early photos.
Yep, Merv's got a SHITLOAD of photos - bring 'em on Merv!!

Mattyc
1st December 2005, 18:35
old kiwi riders, like when they were big double fatness like bikemart is , ill have a dig thru and see whats there prolly all fucked by now , but i hope not havent looked at them for years

nudemetalz
1st December 2005, 20:58
Hiya Big Dave,

Got suggested to me by Limbimtimwim that I get you to include one of my old man on his big Kat....mind you that is 1982, being 23 years ago.......qualify ?

Sparky Bills
1st December 2005, 21:28
Ive got the first ever issue somewhere around.
Will see if i can find it.

Motu
1st December 2005, 22:15
I remember some future lard arse at a race meeting pushing a wheelbarrow full of the things,trying to give them away.Was a pretty good read at the time I thought....

T.W.R
2nd December 2005, 13:44
This of any use?

Big Dave
2nd December 2005, 13:50
This of any use?

Fabulous! thanks

Big Dave
2nd December 2005, 13:52
Hiya Big Dave,

Got suggested to me by Limbimtimwim that I get you to include one of my old man on his big Kat....mind you that is 1982, being 23 years ago.......qualify ?

I'd like to see the pic - but also think that the 21 is significant.

Big Dave
2nd December 2005, 13:54
Was a pretty good read at the time I thought....

I'll try typing slower so you can keep up.

nudemetalz
2nd December 2005, 14:36
I'd like to see the pic - but also think that the 21 is significant.
Yes I agree, 21 does make 1984+, doesn't really fit IMO.

Big Dave
2nd December 2005, 20:17
Just shows that all thats happened at Puke in 20 years is they built a bridge and made the armco from steel instead of wood.

And they have stopped making mufflers from Swiss, my cheesy chum.

Goblin
2nd December 2005, 20:31
Tomorrow, when my shed gets sorted, I will find my big box of old Kiwirider mags. I have a few in the old format, you know, the bigger one.

I cut out a cartoon thingamebob of "Wayne(all tucked in)Rainey....Wayne(all style)Gardner...and Kevin(farginhell)Schwants." Cant remember if it was from KR or not, but it was so true.