PDA

View Full Version : chch scooter riders question ?

TwoSeven
1st December 2005, 16:46
Coming home today I saw a couple of scooter riders zapping along doing about 40-50kph in the cycle lane on columbo street about 5pm-ish.

Just wondering why its done - as to me the cycleway is otherwise known as the suicide path when ridden at speed.

bobsmith
18th January 2006, 11:23
It seems to be done quite a bit here in Palmy too... Everytime I see scooters zooming around on cycle lane, I just shake my head and try to make room for them infront of me if I'm behind but most of them don't get the hint. Scary thing is I've found that when I was on a 50cc once just cars just expects for scooters to be on a cycle lane and it's just plain dangerous... Had one which almost ran me over from behind at a roundabout because they decided that I was going to move to the left and stay there even though I was indicating to turn right... Hopefully bigger size of my 125cc scooter will deterr cagers from trying to run me off the road....

Bloody hell... my grammer is shocking.

bobsmith
18th January 2006, 11:25
I had two hit and runs when I used to cycle around everywhere (Once it actually threw me off the bike and I luckly landed on grass)... wander how many more I'll have on a scooter.