PDA

View Full Version : My next bike -

justsomeguy
1st December 2005, 17:20
Have you owned a 2 stroke bike before? Do you recommend them? if yes Why?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hiya - there's been a bit of talk about me getting another bike now that I've sold the ZXR, most of it in Texmo's ride thread
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?p=430119#post430119

As of now my first pick is a CBR250 as I've owned a ZXR before and a ZZR before that.....and want something different.

So far a lot of people have said - why don't I get a 2 stroke........

There's few for sale in Trademe - thanks Mattyc for the links....
but a lot of people have warned me off them.... including people like Ricky (Mt Eden), Richard (Corsa Motorcycles) and a few others who know a thing or two about bikes.....

Then there's people who like the two smokers..... DEATH_INC, Ixion, Slob..... and these fellas also know quite a bit about two wheeled contraptions.....

So those of you who have owned a 2 stroke bike - what have been your experiences with them???

And you guys in general what would you recommend......

I need a good bike that I can commute on and do the weekend ride and evening blat on Cheenic Dwive :love:

How bad are 2 smokers if you are an "enthusiastic" lane splitter while commuting??

I've got 6 - 12 months (depending on if I do a street talk course) til I get my full. No, I won't get into CBTA, don't ask......:whistle:
Note to the PC folk :spudbn:---- ya another thread on fastish 2fiddy road boiks :finger:

texmo
1st December 2005, 17:28
Get an RG150e wont eat into your home funds and they are chep to fix...

justsomeguy
1st December 2005, 17:30
Get an RG150e wont eat into your home funds and they are chep to fix...

Hmm true.... and if I can do a brain transplant with Two Smoker I can keep up with thous, like he did on his RG150. Or with MR and overtake brand new 636's on the outside around corners........ hmmm..... :killingme

wari
1st December 2005, 17:36
THe thing I like a-bout two-strokesis ya can see wheer ya ben ... :doobey:

PLus ... IFF ya gitt lost ya can find yurr way back by the tra-ill of smoke n oi-ill .. :wari:

aff-man
1st December 2005, 17:37
cbr....... two strokes are fast but blow up easier:bash:

Mattyc
1st December 2005, 17:56
Cheap and fast, and they generally only blow up if they are old , fucked or you do something silly for a 250 they go well..noisy but least they have some go for all those revs

My mate used to commute on his 93 rgv and used about the same as me on my old jap import 90 gsxr250rr a litre of oil about every 1500kms but no oil changes or new oil filters, the bottom end on his was surprisingly good, he used to take the pipes off about every three months and use caustic soda to clean all the shit out of them. A heap more power than a 4 stroke 2 fiddy and contrary to popular belief they dont blow up that often or for no reason.

when they do blow you can fix them yourself, ive had 7 2 stroke moto x bikes and never had once shit itself when i owned it. one yz 125 i had for 2 years and thrashed it nearly every night and weekend - no rebuild, just good oil and checking the water before every ride, keeping the air filter clean is a biggie (as with anything)

willy_01
1st December 2005, 18:05
yep two strokes rock.............. say................. i know where a great one is for sale:2thumbsup , will kane a CBR!

http://www.trademe.co.nz/structure/auction_detail.asp?id=41220381

Teflon
1st December 2005, 18:26
You would be silly buying a 2 stroke. Owned a NSR for a while, two rebuilds within fuck-all k's. If i had to own a two stroke, it would be a RG500 or RZ350.

My choice would be a single or a twin.

Got given a Bandit 250 today as a loan bike, sounds so fucking queer reving it's nuts off. so buy a single or twin just untill you get your full.

Magua
1st December 2005, 18:51
I voted two strokes, powerbands are fun. :spudguita
My bike is fine in traffic, I haven't stalled it in traffic as of yet while splitting, the thought of stalling at the front then having to kick it over a few times seems to be good motivation.

Eurodave
1st December 2005, 19:40
Every time I see :shit: ,& more to the point ,hear::crazy: a 2 smoke I get an irresistable urge to reach for the flyspray to zap that annoying little f*$ker!!!!
Go hard & get yourself a real bike!!!!:Punk: Same goes for those annoying boi racers in any kind of rotary, with their bloody BLAP BLAP BLAP:angry2:

crashe
1st December 2005, 19:47
For goodness sake.... Just buy a cruiser.....:2thumbsup
then you wont have any more trouble of blowing up motors....:banana:

ZorsT
1st December 2005, 19:55
Don't listen to Teflon, Crashe or Eurodave.

2-strokes sound great

2-strokes go great

2-strokes smell great

2-strokes are great

As MattyC said:

when they break, you can fix them yourself, and they aren't as un-reliable as people like to make out

Go for it :niceone:

oh, and BTW,

get an NSR....
Their engine is of a better design to the suzuki's.
RS250's aren't much more than a RGV in a fancy frame.
TZR's cost lots to de-restrict.

If you do get an NSR, get a MC-18. The best of the best.

Ixion
1st December 2005, 20:10
Every time I see :shit: ,& more to the point ,hear::crazy: a 2 smoke I get an irresistable urge to reach for the flyspray to zap that annoying little f*$ker!!!!

*little* f*$ker ? You obviously ain't met Petal , all 250 odd kg of her

Eurodave
1st December 2005, 20:24
Justsomeguy, get a V-Twin,:banana: the sooner you start on the 'one true path' the happier & more fullfilled you will become in the long run!!!:2thumbsup Just ask any V-Twin owner here, this is the ONE TRUE engine layout for any real enthusiasts bike:yes:

The_Dover
1st December 2005, 20:31
A rickshaw.

justsomeguy
1st December 2005, 22:20
Justsomeguy, get a V-Twin,:banana: the sooner you start on the 'one true path' the happier & more fullfilled you will become in the long run!!!:2thumbsup Just ask any V-Twin owner here, this is the ONE TRUE engine layout for any real enthusiasts bike:yes:

Well that only leaves me with a VTR250....... eh, sorry no thanks.

justsomeguy
1st December 2005, 22:21
I went and saw a CBR 250 today - seems mint. But will cost about 5K all up.......

Lets see if the owner accepts my offer.....

The_Dover
1st December 2005, 22:21

Bollocks, there is always the GT250 or an Aprilia???

The_Dover
1st December 2005, 22:23
I went and saw a CBR 250 today - seems mint. But will cost about 5K all up.......

Lets see if the owner accepts my offer.....

3 chapatis and all the butter chicken he can eat??

ducatilover
1st December 2005, 22:24
vtr1000:banana:

justsomeguy
1st December 2005, 22:26
vtr1000:banana:

Sorry I'm too much of a wuss to ride an uninsurable VTR1000 on a restricted with a license a whisker away from being confisticated.

SlowHand
1st December 2005, 22:27
thats cold Dover - you suggesting he should get a turban and beaded seats too?

justsomeguy
1st December 2005, 22:27
3 chapatis and all the butter chicken he can eat??

No other people take money, you're the only animal that can be bribed with food - here dovy, dovy, dovy........:spudbn:

justsomeguy
1st December 2005, 22:29
thats cold Dover - you suggesting he should get a turban and beaded seats too?

NO those are Punjabi's, who come from a place called Punjab in India.

I'm from Goa (best place in the world to chill out in)

...........and Dover is probably drunk by now so let him be.

The_Dover
1st December 2005, 22:33
I'm not drunk, just a little merry.

I'll take money, food, sexual favours, alcohol or drugs. It's all good in the hood. Hell, even petrol is avaluable commodity. I'll save it for when I get a bike again!!!

Or maybe I could just spend the money getting JSG to drive me around in a rickshaw? Pissed.

N4CR
1st December 2005, 22:33
WHY NOT LEARN TO RIDE PROPERLY, YOU DON'T NEED A FAST BIKE IN A STRAIGHT LINE TO PLAY WITH LARGER BIKES IN THE TWISTIES AS PROVEN BY ANY DECENT 250 AND UNDER RIDER.

THEN YOU CAN STILL HAVE FUN AS IT IS. I'D SAY RG150. THE MOST FUN PART IS IN THE CORNERS EH? WHY NOT GET SOMETHING THAT CORNERS LIKE A PUKEKO ON CRACK AND WONT BITE YOU IN THE ARSE AS BAD WHEN YOU FUCK UP OR PAY THE BILLS LIKE A 2 STORK 250.

SlowHand
1st December 2005, 22:34
blardy hell buy what you want and brag about it afterwards. done deal. Just dont buy one that shoots 4x62/63mm bullets

justsomeguy
1st December 2005, 22:39
Or maybe I could just spend the money getting JSG to drive me around in a rickshaw? Pissed.

Sweet done, you get the rickshaw and I'll take you down the Drive at night - how's that??:blip:

justsomeguy
1st December 2005, 22:43
WHY NOT LEARN TO RIDE PROPERLY, YOU DON'T NEED A FAST BIKE IN A STRAIGHT LINE TO PLAY WITH LARGER BIKES IN THE TWISTIES AS PROVEN BY ANY DECENT 250 AND UNDER RIDER.

THEN YOU CAN STILL HAVE FUN AS IT IS. I'D SAY RG150. THE MOST FUN PART IS IN THE CORNERS EH? WHY NOT GET SOMETHING THAT CORNERS LIKE A PUKEKO ON CRACK AND WONT BITE YOU IN THE ARSE AS BAD WHEN YOU FUCK UP OR PAY THE BILLS LIKE A 2 STORK 250.

Really?? Damn I wanted to buy a Busa as soon as I could so that I could keep up:yawn:

So from what I gather you're saying don't buy a 2 stroke 250 buy a RG150 instead??........k

As for cornering, wont a NSR out corner a RGV??

Yes, I must learn to ride better eh?? You gonna be able to give me some lessons one day......... you coming to Taupo??:blip:

John
1st December 2005, 22:56
ok, I dont keep up on all the events like I did, so wtf happened to the zxr? other than the engine explosion, it was then fixed was it not? was it to much bike for you?

muzz
1st December 2005, 23:00
Originally Posted by Eurodave
Justsomeguy, get a V-Twin, the sooner you start on the 'one true path' the happier & more fullfilled you will become in the long run!!! Just ask any V-Twin owner here, this is the ONE TRUE engine layout for any real enthusiasts bike

I agree :msn-wink:
dover's on the right track with an Aprilia RSW 250
Displacement: 249,6cc
Compression Ratio: 16,1
Max Power more then 100 HP at 12,70 RPM
ULTRA-SHARP, lightweight handling that's enough to challenge even the best of riders, and, given the skill to use it, more than enough to absolutely HUMILIATE larger bikes in the twisty stuff.

justsomeguy
1st December 2005, 23:06
ok, I dont keep up on all the events like I did, so wtf happened to the zxr? other than the engine explosion, it was then fixed was it not? was it to much bike for you?

The problem was traced to a leaking radiator cap that caused an incorrect heat reading......

The bike has since then been fixed. Got reciepts for $2300 worth of work. It is now in a shop getting its cam chain replaced. As soon as I can get it off the shop it's gonna get painted according to the new owners specs - I've already got them, then I'm gonna drop it off in Wellsford when that gets done.

The bike has already been paid for - it's a chap called Olly - from your neck of the woods, Ant's friend.

I'm selling the ZXR cos I've had enough of it - gonna find another bike that I can more seriously thrash...... and do a few track days on.... i.e a more mint 250. That's why I asked about a 2 stroke as they are more fun on trackdays.

I really want to do more trackdays than weekend rides cos I don't feel very safe on the road and my riding becomes erratic. I feel very peaceful and stress free on the track and can just concentrate on riding..... so a 2 stroke may be ok.....

That's the situation in a nut shell......

You were right about the ZXR - it handles a bit better than the ZZR but is not really all that faster.

How's your bike going??? Hope to come out there and ride those roads one of these days.

justsomeguy
1st December 2005, 23:08
dover's on the right track with an Aprilia RSW 250

Dover's on the right track but on the wrong budget.

My budget is $5000 including routine maintenance in the next 6-7 months.

aff-man
1st December 2005, 23:22
Ummm a zxr250 is heaps faster than a zzr... maybe your zxr was poked. In all honesty although i praise the zxr's.... a cbr250rr 91-94' is what you'll probably want. Bloody good engines and handeling to boot just put some decent rubber on.

John
1st December 2005, 23:30
ok, sorry but .... fuck - the zxr is faster if you are boosting out of 2nd, you wouldnt really notice the difference in 1st as they are abit taller, after I fiddled around with mine, the difference was amazing - I mean 220kmph RELIABLE 220kmph.... you cant get that with any other 250.

sorry, but I really do think you made a mistake but still best of luck with your new scoot of whatever type, for 5k budget dont even look at a 2stroke - get a gpx250, or that gsf that gareth has - they take all the shit you can give them. or a rg150 although 2smokes they seem fairly rock as they were built for those dirty little hot asian places.

But if you try set a budget for maintence on a bike then maybe its time for a cage again, you know how unpredictable bikes are you can NEVER plot what they will do next, or how you will fuck up next? get the picture "yes we see"

sorry, I am feeling very undrunk at the moment - I bet your going to want to change your mind when you see it repainted :(

John
1st December 2005, 23:31
Ummm a zxr250 is heaps faster than a zzr... maybe your zxr was poked. In all honesty although i praise the zxr's.... a cbr250rr 91-94' is what you'll probably want. Bloody good engines and handeling to boot just put some decent rubber on.
yea but we mean when you RIDE them you know that thing your not good at yet.

justsomeguy
1st December 2005, 23:34
sorry, I am feeling very undrunk at the moment - I bet your going to want to change your mind when you see it repainted :(

Hahaha I see your point. Naa - I made up my mind. Lets see how things go - I have 3 CBr's lined up.

It's a pity I never really got to try out the ZXR before it blew......... only did one real ride - the one down Cheenic Dwive -- and I/the bike didn't do too badly - the handling is epic compared to the ZZR.

The fastest I got the ZXR was 170 before I felt I should back off...... just didn't feel too ok - didn't want to stress the bike...... not too used to it......

John
1st December 2005, 23:36
Hahaha I see your point. Naa - I made up my mind. Lets see how things go - I have 3 CBr's lined up.

It's a pity I never really got to try out the ZXR before it blew......... only did one real ride - the one down Cheenic Dwive -- and I/the bike didn't do too badly - the handling is epic compared to the ZZR.

The fastest I got the ZXR was 170 before I felt I should back off...... just didn't feel too ok - didn't want to stress the bike...... not too used to it......
wait till tristan hears this, I rode the single disk version what ever the fuck model they want to call that, fuck that was a hunk of metal penis.

justsomeguy
1st December 2005, 23:37

Hey Jonno - why do you say 91-94???

All the one's I'm seeing are 1990 MC22's.

John
1st December 2005, 23:39
I really DO NOT see any logic in what you have done, in essence you have just cost yourself alot of money and gained nothing? apart from a honda? WTF??????????????

N4CR
1st December 2005, 23:41
So from what I gather you're saying don't buy a 2 stroke 250 buy a RG150 instead??........k

As for cornering, wont a NSR out corner a RGV??

Yeah a 2 stroke 250 will in general be more of a pig for maintenance and will spit you off a bit easier than a 150.

150cc vs 250cc for corner speed... come on man its pretty obvious which one is lighter and therefore quicker in the corner. Someone I was talking to said that the rg150's were dicking their zxr (while right over) in the corners but not on the straights... enough said.

N4CR
1st December 2005, 23:44
wait till tristan hears this, I rode the single disk version what ever the fuck model they want to call that, fuck that was a hunk of metal penis.

ITS MINUS THE ARRR. SO LESS RACING. AINT SINGLE DISC THE 89 CBR250R OR SOMETHING. THERE WAS A BIG THREAD ABOUT IT AGES AGO WHERE SOME HAD DOUBLES BUT SOME SINGLES. FUCK ZXR250A AND C IS SO MUCH EASIER TO REMEMBER.

I HAVE RIDDEN THE 91RR AS WELL AS ZXRC(mine), CBRRRRS ARE A BIT SOFTER THAN THE ZXR, NOT AS EDGY OR COOL ;)

I THINK YOU MADE A SILLY DECISION JSG, YOU ARE ONLY LOOSING MORE MONEY THAN YOU NEEDED TO IN THE LONG RUN.

edit:

THEY WERE RESTRICTED AFTER 93, WHY WOULD YOU WANT A SLOWER 94 MODEL?.....

Waylander
1st December 2005, 23:49
Problem with your V-twin though is that it's SIDEWAYS!!!

aff-man
2nd December 2005, 00:20

Better engines i think the 90 is the same as well not to sure. So i think it's 90-93 or something.

Oh and john i know you're a troll but fuck off when you can keep up then you can talk shit.

John
2nd December 2005, 09:40
Better engines i think the 90 is the same as well not to sure. So i think it's 90-93 or something.

Oh and john i know you're a troll but fuck off when you can keep up then you can talk shit.
go play with yourself you poofta, I can beat you on the 250 you are shit. and you know it :)

ZorsT
2nd December 2005, 11:07
RG150's are cheap too

with your budget, you could afford to buy one, completly re-build the engine and put race compound tyres (Dunlop TT900 GP's) on it.

If you are going to thrash the crap out of it, why buy somehthing expensive?
Hell, you could buy two or three RG150's for the price of one CBR250rr.

Think about it.

EDIT:

I found some links:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/structure/auction_detail.asp?id=40899207&key=45784 - CBR250rr

http://www.trademe.co.nz/structure/auction_detail.asp?id=41208887&key=46097 - RG150

http://www.trademe.co.nz/structure/auction_detail.asp?id=40948535&key=46279 - spare RG150

inlinefour
2nd December 2005, 13:23
A100, TS185ER, RM80, RM 125, RD250LC, RZ350LC, TZR250, RG400WW, RG500. Would like to think I've have a reasonable amount of time on 2-strokers as well. The RGs were psychotic bikes, but now that I compare them to modern inlinefour sportsbikes, they are just OK. Yea one day I plan on aquiring another 2-stroker high preformance bike for the collection. But if it was to be my primary riding bike, I'd stick to the inlinefour 4-stroke. But each to their own, try them all and buy what suits you best.:blip:

justsomeguy
2nd December 2005, 13:36
Cheers Zorst and Inlinefour.

Yes inline this will be my primary bike.

Another thing that I do have to consider is resale value.

Although a CBR250 is worth twice what a RG is worth, it also holds its value remarkably well. So in the end provided I don't blow it up or ride it into a wall/tree/barrier/fence/off a cliff/into a cage, etc..... I should get most of my money back.

So far the votes seem to stack up towards a CBR.

pyrocam
3rd December 2005, 09:54
a nicely maintained 2 stroke could be good for ya. dont get an aircooled though, thats just asking for trouble. and I wouldnt use a track 2t as my primary bike, to much maintenance costs. I think you want something to really thrash, buy a shitty old 2t that goes and maybe get the engine re-tuned/serviced and use that for track.

ZorsT
3rd December 2005, 10:59
As long as you keep the rego alive, you should get a decent amout for it.
Any under 250cc bike fetches a nice price for what they are

TONO
3rd December 2005, 11:05
"Sackman" has a CBR250RH for sale ( face Lift Model)single head light I think??....pretty tidy and he rides like a girl,:bash: :banana: so could be a good buy.:blip:
He is now trying to control an R1:lol:

texmo
3rd December 2005, 16:13

Saying you want a year is just stupid dosent matter what year it is just the model as you can have a bike made in 89 that is registered in 91 therefore its a 91 but a diffrent model, MC22 is what you are after dont get the cbr250r becuase its a single disc...

Teflon
3rd December 2005, 19:24
220kmph RELIABLE 220kmph.... you cant get that with any other 250.

Who you trying to kid? 220...:motu: thats as quick as a NC30

My TL can do 300k.. honest, and my old VTR

Ixion
3rd December 2005, 23:44
a nicely maintained 2 stroke could be good for ya. dont get an aircooled though, thats just asking for trouble. and I wouldnt use a track 2t as my primary bike, to much maintenance costs. I think you want something to really thrash, buy a shitty old 2t that goes and maybe get the engine re-tuned/serviced and use that for track.

Phoebe sends her regards :ar15: :oi-grr: :Pokey: All 60000 standard bore km of them.

Mattyc
4th December 2005, 07:16
Cheers Zorst and Inlinefour.

Yes inline this will be my primary bike.

Another thing that I do have to consider is resale value.

Although a CBR250 is worth twice what a RG is worth, it also holds its value remarkably well. So in the end provided I don't blow it up or ride it into a wall/tree/barrier/fence/off a cliff/into a cage, etc..... I should get most of my money back.

So far the votes seem to stack up towards a CBR.

Not to mention a CBR will look a fuckload better than an RG150. Id really like to see an rg150 whoop a cbr round taupo......might even pay to do it (with evenly skilled riders)

Have you ridden a 2 stroke 250, once you do you will prolly not go back to a 4stroke 250... a decent 93 RGV will do a real 220kmh, I dunno what everyone raves about for maintenance costs if you by one that is rebuilt properly by someone who knows what they are doing it should do 20,000kms on that engine even if you beat the snot out of it. the key is keeping the air filter clean and using good oil.

fuck a guy who lives round the corner has a mvx250 3 cyl 2 stroke thing, its ugly as sin, hes had it for 10 years and has done 55000kms and its never had a rebuild, he doesnt beat it hard, but thats a lot of kms

on the other hand , if you cant be bothered topping up the oil in the oil tank, or never clean your air filter, or checking the water, dont buy a 2

2 strokes have a bad rep cause a lot of homos have owned them thrashed the ass of them, done no maintenance then on sold it to someone who has it for a week and then it blows...

willy_01
4th December 2005, 15:13
just a question to justsomeguy - have you ridden a 2 stroke 150/250?
They are fun bikes but they do have there down sides. biggest thing with mine is overheating when riding through town/stopped at traffic lights.
But a for maintaince i have a feeling some people's comments are ungrounded, you would be hard pressed to find a simpler set up - ie bugger all moving parts, mind you my bike dosnt have powervalves, i hear they can be a bit of a pain sometimes. My question is this. Isnt it just a question of weight, i mean arnt all 250's that come from japan set at a max of 45hp? and new stuff restrected at 40hp. If you want a track bike that you can ride on the road the answer would seem simple, and if you want a road bike that can be ridden on the track surely just buy something much bigger than a 250

John
4th December 2005, 15:19
Who you trying to kid? 220...:motu: thats as quick as a NC30

My TL can do 300k.. honest, and my old VTR
OH FUCK SAKE GO DOUBT YOUR GAY BITCH ARSE ELSEWHERE YOU FUCKEN POOFTA YOU LIKE tWINS AYE CUNT? YOU LOVE THE FUCKEN FEELING OF BIG THINGS AROUND / UP YOUR ASS.

onearmedbandit
4th December 2005, 15:56
It must've been a very very sweet 250 to hit 220km/h. Was that taken from a speedo (anyone's, ie yours or a friend beside you etc) or was it speed trapped?

John
4th December 2005, 16:06
It must've been a very very sweet 250 to hit 220km/h. Was that taken from a speedo (anyone's, ie yours or a friend beside you etc) or was it speed trapped?
was off speedo - 4% inaccuracy reading - tristans been measured at 210 (?) I think he said with another bike, and I am only 5*kg and about 5'5" - hes obviously larger and a fatter little kunt.
Was when I was dragging a vrod IIRC, dont have time to ride much anymore, only to and from work.

And it IS my CURRENT 250, wait until I get my new yoshi on it then we will see wont we?

onearmedbandit
4th December 2005, 16:24
Interesting. How much difference do you expect the yoshi pipe to make?

John
4th December 2005, 17:40
Just thinking I may get a touch more torque not much, will probably loose abit of top end, running a straight cut exhaust at the moment, want to cut it shorter to try for more top end - but I am starting to get sick of having to ride the clutch around town, power comes on very strong from 16k-limiter, can get into 6th very fast if you ride it.

I am trying to get the power to cut in abit lower, once I sort out a decent exhaust design then I will start to sort out the zxr400 engine conversion, currently just want to try for a topend/crank swap as I am abit worried about the carrier lining up right, and dont want to buckle the frame, then its onto new fairings, looking at trying to get something not as chunky maybe look at some RS250's and fit them on give the bike a smaller profile, or possibly look at some late model gixxers. then its on with a zx7r front end and a rear shock off a 4r or possibly a early 6r and it should be ready to school some people - then in time I will of course attempt the FI / Nos / turbo etc mods until I kill it.

Teflon
4th December 2005, 18:10
OH FUCK SAKE GO DOUBT YOUR GAY BITCH ARSE ELSEWHERE YOU FUCKEN POOFTA YOU LIKE tWINS AYE CUNT? YOU LOVE THE FUCKEN FEELING OF BIG THINGS AROUND / UP YOUR ASS.

LOL

Little school boy.

While you were still playing with barbie dolls and GI Joes, i was out riding your so called 220k 250, if it was that quick i would of brought one and not a NC30 or NSR.

John
4th December 2005, 18:16
LOL

Little school boy.

While you were still playing with barbie dolls and GI Joes, i was out riding your so called 220k 250, if it was that quick i would of brought one and not a NC30 or NSR.
10$ says I make you my bitch faggot, let me finish with your mum and its on.

I guess since your a "heavy fabricator" (i.e sucking black cock) then you should realise that something of that weight and displacement would obviously need some sort of power modification to gain said speeds, think about it dick head.

And sorry, I finished 7th form last year - and dont live with my mother unlike you.

Teflon
4th December 2005, 18:27
10$ says I make you my bitch faggot, let me finish with your mum and its on.

I guess since your a "heavy fabricator" (i.e sucking black cock) then you should realise that something of that weight and displacement would obviously need some sort of power modification to gain said speeds, think about it dick head.

And sorry, I finished 7th form last year - and dont live with my mother unlike you.

LOL, that speaks for it self. only a homo would want to modify a ZXR250:motu:

Kids these days, your worse than those queer boy racers.

John
4th December 2005, 18:32
LOL, that speaks for it self. only a homo would want to modify a ZXR250:motu:

Kids these days, your worse than those queer boy racers.
your response has hurt me ever so deeply I think I will go cry to my gay lover and tell him how much you have upset me.

HDTboy
4th December 2005, 18:35
Buy my bike JSG :blip:

Matt Bleck
4th December 2005, 19:06
If I where you I would get a 250TS. 250 fours just seem gutless in comparision!

justsomeguy
5th December 2005, 08:19
NO time for much details now

This is my new bike - got on Sat.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/structure/auction_detail.asp?id=41939918

mint bike - genuine 8,000ks on the clock - good as new.

Thanks Frosty for helping me check it.

Mattyc
5th December 2005, 08:22
Good score man ! looks pretty mint

ZorsT
5th December 2005, 10:01
NO time for much details now

This is my new bike - got on Sat.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/structure/auction_detail.asp?id=41939918

mint bike - genuine 8,000ks on the clock - good as new.

Thanks Frosty for helping me check it.
Well done :niceone:

bugjuice
5th December 2005, 10:06
give Postie a thrash, just to make sure it's right..

Postie
5th December 2005, 10:15
give Postie a thrash, just to make sure it's right..

lol, yeah i'll test it for ya, bring it to Taupo :msn-wink:

HDTboy
5th December 2005, 11:35
Ride mine at Taupo bitch

justsomeguy
5th December 2005, 11:38
Ride mine at Taupo bitch

You offering??

I'm happy to pay for the priviledge - that's ride it for the whole day.:yes:

And - of course I fix it if I drop it?????

What say you??

HDTboy
5th December 2005, 11:42
I was referring to posties offer to test yours. Could swap for the day if you like, what tyres have you got on it?

bugjuice
5th December 2005, 11:42
HDT - JSG might grow the chicken strips back for ya, so you can run them off again..

ducatilover
5th December 2005, 11:50
pharque.

nice toy ya got there:wari:

Postie
5th December 2005, 11:55
Ride mine at Taupo bitch
I'll ride you bitch..... you already paid me too.

Mooch
Had a Kr1 for a number of years , Some of the best fun you can have with your clothes on .... It went bang at 29,000 km ..... $4,200 dollars later is was better than new , Brought it for 6,500 in 1989 , sold it for 4,800 in 2002 not too bad for motorcycling after 13 years , and was better around corners than most of todays ego bikes regardless off CC's. 120kg's , 58 -62 HP of usable fun. Regardless of costs I'd recommend one of these to anyone. Will shapen your skills as well rather than the lazy "accelerate" fcuk theres a "corner" brake style of most newbie larger sports bike riders of today.
Get yourself a 2 stroke and go and hunt 600 - 1000 cc riders on the corners, great for the ego.

Postie
You offering??

I'm happy to pay for the priviledge - that's ride it for the whole day.:yes:

And - of course I fix it if I drop it?????

What say you??

then i'll ride you bitch.......

bugjuice
5th December 2005, 11:59
that's so gay dude..

N4CR
5th December 2005, 12:01
GENUINE 6000KMS FOR A FIFTEEN YEAR OLD BIKE.

Yeah... suuuuuure. I see this too often. All the japanese don't just buy bikes and leave them sitting there for 15 years with 6k on them. Space is a premium over there... sure you might get a few but i'd have to say something is dodgy happening with all the '6000km' bikes coming out as of late.

16-30k is a more realistic guess i'd say.

AND PLEASE DON'T GO TO THE TRACKDAY!!

edit: @john it was 206 but i think that speedo is out by heaps, the bike has been dyno'd to 204 and has been off the clock many a time ;)

carver
5th December 2005, 12:06
:eyepoke:
depends on the type of stroker
my dt 175s goes hard, and is reliable and cheap to run NOW that its run in
its also light:2thumbsup and fairly torquey at high revs
but,it is fairly buzzy,and a bit nervous around the corners.
i got my one for 3 and a half :blip:
its also got a great g/box and real close ratios around 4th 5th and 6th
its no sport bike but it just goes to show not all strokers are bad, they are also cheap to fix
my one is anyway.
hope this helps
:banana:

Cibby
5th December 2005, 12:08
oh dear.

I'm gonna have to sell my cibby now. :(

Actually.. there are gonna be a frew cibbys at the track.. we should all have a drag.. good photo op :)

and i'll have my leathers.. YAH!

The_Dover
5th December 2005, 12:11
Maybe JSG will buy it for spares, he seems to be as adept at killing bikes as Maurice.

Mooch
5th December 2005, 12:29
ok, sorry but .... fuck - the zxr is faster if you are boosting out of 2nd, you wouldnt really notice the difference in 1st as they are abit taller, after I fiddled around with mine, the difference was amazing - I mean 220kmph RELIABLE 220kmph.... you cant get that with any other 250.

sorry, but I really do think you made a mistake but still best of luck with your new scoot of whatever type, for 5k budget dont even look at a 2stroke - get a gpx250, or that gsf that gareth has - they take all the shit you can give them. or a rg150 although 2smokes they seem fairly rock as they were built for those dirty little hot asian places.

But if you try set a budget for maintence on a bike then maybe its time for a cage again, you know how unpredictable bikes are you can NEVER plot what they will do next, or how you will fuck up next? get the picture "yes we see"

I'd say the booze is adding at least 25 30 km to the ZXR's top speed , unless of course you've managed to get 60 plus HP out of it .... Which would make the highest powered ZXR in the world ... A Kr1S would do 215 km's flat out and was the fastest 250 prodie on the planet a while back lying on the tank if your weight was around 60 kg. I'd say a big case of speedo error if your seeing 220. Any Kr1 , RGV250 , NSR250 , TZR250, RS250 will smoke a ZXR and your'd be lucky if any of them will hit 215 -220 kmh. You'd be lucky to see more than 45 -50 hp with a 4 Stroke 250 unless of course your running a tubro and NOS kit. Maintance on my old one worked out at 5 cents per KM which is worth paying for the extra performance over a 4 stroke. Go for the two stroke ... progress to a Vtwin and avoid the Guzzi's... They are an old mans bike ....

ducatilover
5th December 2005, 12:34
what about the honda rc165? 60 hp 18000rpm.....inline six....mmmmmmm:wari: 153mph oooooh ahhhh...

oh thats right were talking road bikes:weep:

HDTboy
5th December 2005, 14:22
Actually.. there are gonna be a frew cibbys at the track.. we should all have a drag.. good photo op :)

and i'll have my leathers.. YAH!
You want to see me in drag while you wear leather? Sounds kinky

Postie
5th December 2005, 16:09
You want to see me in drag while you wear leather? Sounds kinky
i'm working on the Cibby (and the bike) for the track day, its gonna be a rocket.....

justsomeguy
5th December 2005, 16:37
I was referring to posties offer to test yours. Could swap for the day if you like, what tyres have you got on it?

I've got 15 year old tyres........ full of cracks and solid 1.5 inch chicken strips.......

I'll probably strip it off all the fairings and get it down.

Hey - how many of the fairings can you take off?? I'm looking for a serious reply please....

On the ZXR I can take pretty much all of them off, was the same with the ZZR....is it the same on the CBR, I haven't had time to take a proper look?

Sackman
5th December 2005, 17:04
The CBR i have is a MC17 for all those out there. I cant say that ive
ever had it up to 220ks. :beer:

Sackman
5th December 2005, 17:05
Thanks for your input .

bugjuice
5th December 2005, 17:51
jsg, why do you always want to strip the fairings off everything? leave 'em on man..

HDTboy
5th December 2005, 18:59
Put some GPR 70s on before then JSG
Yes you can take all the fairings off, but why?

Postie, I 'm working on mine after work all week, so it'll still be more powerful than the Cibby (and the bike)

Cibby
6th December 2005, 09:10

Postie, I 'm working on mine after work all week, so it'll still be more powerful than the Cibby (and the bike)

assuming it doesnt die on the way.... :bleh:

Postie? I changed my mind.. we should get that new thing with the super secret thing to do the thing with ok!?!?!? :)

Mint..

Postie
6th December 2005, 09:55
I've got 15 year old tyres........ full of cracks and solid 1.5 inch chicken strips.......

I'll probably strip it off all the fairings and get it down.

Hey - how many of the fairings can you take off?? I'm looking for a serious reply please....

On the ZXR I can take pretty much all of them off, was the same with the ZZR....is it the same on the CBR, I haven't had time to take a proper look?

CBR's are a little hard to strip the fairings off, they have nickel coated fairing bolts which require Vietnamese allen keys and normally they have lock tight on so you need to crack them to the left before they go to the right. Do you have a CBR manual? it explains it a bit better. You can also take the tank off and fill a water balloon with fuel and helium and attach it to the fuel feed, just make sure you connect a wire from the battery to the balloon so the in tank fuel pump gets current to work.

bugjuice
6th December 2005, 09:57
yeah, i remember when we had a go.. 'kin laugh that was. It'd be easier to get the fairing bolts and splitter pins off with a rattle gun, I would have thought. And that's as long as it's not the F thru to the J series frame, they were a bitch too.

The balloon trick is an oldie.. more k's out of it, slight increase in power, and the torque.. yeah, it's a fun conversion. slight weight saving too

Postie
6th December 2005, 10:04

your pirate bike???? what are you doing, putting cannons on it?

The_Dover
6th December 2005, 10:06
CBR's are a little hard to strip the fairings off,

Bet I could get the fairings off in under 60 seconds........

Postie
6th December 2005, 10:10
i ment with tools, not asphalt...

bugjuice
6th December 2005, 10:12
postie did it in just under 20 :bleh:
from asphalt to ass

Cibby
6th December 2005, 10:33
something tells me that Dover is not talking about bike fairings.

bugjuice
6th December 2005, 10:41
well in that case, he's slack as.. pfft.. 60 seconds? i'm done by then

'ang on, that ain't right.. :o

justsomeguy
6th December 2005, 11:44
WHO HAS SOME CRASH BUNGS/OGGY KNOBS FOR THE CBR???

Cibby, Dover, Bugjuice, Postie and co... I'm looking for some educational info or tips - if you have something good to contribute then please do so; keep your pointless drivel to other threads thanks.

HDTboy
6th December 2005, 11:46
Tell ya what, just because I care, I'll swap fairings with you. So you're never worried about dropping it

justsomeguy
6th December 2005, 11:47
jsg, why do you always want to strip the fairings off everything? leave 'em on man..

Don't have your kind of income to repair stuff if shit happens.

justsomeguy
6th December 2005, 11:50
Tell ya what, just because I care, I'll swap fairings with you. So you're never worried about dropping it

Hahaha - if I can get them off then I can keep them off right???

I'll have a look over the weekend...... no time now -- wretchedly busy at work and have exams too.......... bloody lunch break is almost over.....

HDTboy
6th December 2005, 11:50
Swapsies for good :blip:

bugjuice
6th December 2005, 11:51
what, you think I do?
If you drop your bike with no fairings on, what's gonna break? the bike. What good is a set of fairings for a stuffed bike? Keep the fairings on, if the worst happens, you damage the fairings, but the bike survives. Get new fairings, you still have a bike to ride. Think about it.. why are they there for the first place?

Postie
6th December 2005, 11:53
maybe you should keep the fairings on to catch the oil incase this one blows a hole through the block as well.

justsomeguy
6th December 2005, 11:53
what, you think I do?
If you drop your bike with no fairings on, what's gonna break? the bike. What good is a set of fairings for a stuffed bike? Keep the fairings on, if the worst happens, you damage the fairings, but the bike survives. Get new fairings, you still have a bike to ride. Think about it.. why are they there for the first place?

So you're saying those flimsy bits of plastic protect the bike??

I thought they were only there for aerodynamics:stupid:

Yeah -- looks like oggy knobs are the way to go...... anyone know any for sale??

Postie
6th December 2005, 11:56
So you're saying those flimsy bits of plastic protect the bike??

I thought they were only there for aerodynamics:stupid:

why do you wear a helmet?

bugjuice
6th December 2005, 11:56
those flimsy bits of plastic will repair easier than the bike frame or crankcase etc. Not saying it'll defend it, but it's that bit extra. The aerodynamics are only there cos the fairings are.

I've got some nobs you can buy that I had on my bike, but my bike didn't take to them very well. Had them on for a couple of weeks then took them off. I'm gonna buy some more, but I was going to throw these on TM. I bought them for 150 and they're still new. But I lost a bolt from one, so you'll have to spend a couple of bucks on a replacement bolt. You can buy them if you want tho. say a hundy?

bugjuice
6th December 2005, 11:57
why do you wear a helmet?
aerodynamics

justsomeguy
6th December 2005, 11:58
You can buy them if you want tho. say a hundy?

Can we meet in the weekend and see if they fit?? If they do then I'll get them off ya.

See ya guys later - got to go now.

Cibby
6th December 2005, 12:16
Can we meet in the weekend and see if they fit?? If they do then I'll get them off ya.

right. back to the pointless drivell

Seriously thou JSG, i've got a Cibby.. all these boys have owned cibbys. i'm sure anything we would have to say would be relevant??

no?

Ok then.

I agree with buggie, what good are nice fairings if your bike has died.

Another thing to comtemplate...

Dont bin your bike.. :bleh: :bleh: :bleh:

The_Dover
6th December 2005, 12:17
Oi, where's my lid bike ho!

and my Subway!!!

bugjuice
6th December 2005, 12:18

busy weekend ahead, but we'll see. I'll let you know how it goes. If I can match them up to another CBR as an alternative, then I can let you know that way. Just so I know now, are you keen to drill the fairings and/or frame if that's what it takes to fit them? There's only a few places to put them, where they can do their job. So if I have to drill, most other will have to too. But I don't know yet, cos I haven't looked. Just letting you know now

Cibby
6th December 2005, 12:24
Oi, where's my lid bike ho!

and my Subway!!!

whoops.. was i supposed to get you lunch?? i thought you said dont worry bout it...?!?!?! sorry

I'll bring your lid at 5!!

Stop ya whinning!

justsomeguy
6th December 2005, 13:58
If I can match them up to another CBR as an alternative, then I can let you know that way.

Cool that will be better

Just so I know now, are you keen to drill the fairings and/or frame if that's what it takes to fit them?

Really huh??? - Hmmm.......not if I can help it.

justsomeguy
6th December 2005, 14:02
Another thing to comtemplate...

Dont bin your bike.. :bleh: :bleh: :bleh:

Don't you make a living selling insurance?? Not very predictable is it - deciding to bin or not.

SixPackBack
6th December 2005, 14:11
Don't you make a living selling insurance?? Not very predictable is it - deciding to bin or not.
Lets see... Age? Sex? Previous 'incidents'.........Looking predictable to me!

HDTboy
6th December 2005, 14:30
I agree with buggie, what good are nice fairings if your bike has died.
He's keeping them safe for my bike

NZGhostRider
20th December 2005, 22:35
Why the hell does every one think 2 stroke blow up!!! if you treat them right they will be just as reliable as a slow 4 stroke but a hell of alot faster and fun to ride!!

jade
22nd December 2005, 11:23
Hello, Im a 2 stroke rider..
Im new to this kiwi biker thing but I ride a 1989 Honda NSR 250 MC18
I dont know what these people are talking about when they say that 2 strokes are unreliable, when I bought my bike 6 months ago I knew absolutely zilch about anything mechanical, cars or bikes, over the first month I had nothing but problems and thought id wasted 3 grand !
Basically my bike kept dropping a cylinder.. You dont go very far when you only have 2...
I kept tinkering with the bike and reading books until I thought I knew what I was doing, eventually I found that oil had been leaking into the bottom cylinder and basically submerging the spark plug which didnt allow it to spark,
The reason oil was leaking was worn piston rings, I replaced them and havent had 1 single problem with it since, I am the lane splitter from NAM !! dont know what problems you imagine..? I use my nsr to get to work everyday so I guess im a commuter, 7 o clock in the morning from july till now I go outside and it starts up very first kick everytime..
GET A 2 STROKE, I have various friends with 4 stroke 250s, none of them stand a chance against mine, also ...there isnt a 400 out there that can beat me either...
p.s I live on the north shore and am interested in going for rides with any locals...
In conclusion, after riding my 2 stroke and geting back onto a 250 zxr or gsxr, theres no comparison.. they just seem pathetic and no offence but I would be embarrassd to own one.. 2 stroke forever..

justsomeguy
22nd December 2005, 17:51
Hello, Im a 2 stroke rider..
Im new to this kiwi biker thing but I ride a 1989 Honda NSR 250 MC18
I dont know what these people are talking about when they say that 2 strokes are unreliable, when I bought my bike 6 months ago I knew absolutely zilch about anything mechanical, cars or bikes, over the first month I had nothing but problems and thought id wasted 3 grand !
Basically my bike kept dropping a cylinder.. You dont go very far when you only have 2...
I kept tinkering with the bike and reading books until I thought I knew what I was doing, eventually I found that oil had been leaking into the bottom cylinder and basically submerging the spark plug which didnt allow it to spark,
The reason oil was leaking was worn piston rings, I replaced them and havent had 1 single problem with it since, I am the lane splitter from NAM !! dont know what problems you imagine..? I use my nsr to get to work everyday so I guess im a commuter, 7 o clock in the morning from july till now I go outside and it starts up very first kick everytime..
GET A 2 STROKE, I have various friends with 4 stroke 250s, none of them stand a chance against mine, also ...there isnt a 400 out there that can beat me either...
p.s I live on the north shore and am interested in going for rides with any locals...
In conclusion, after riding my 2 stroke and geting back onto a 250 zxr or gsxr, theres no comparison.. they just seem pathetic and no offence but I would be embarrassd to own one.. 2 stroke forever..

I already found another bike - a CBR250 with 8K genuine kms - in as new condition...:banana:..and as new prices too...... :angry:

There are rides most weekends.... go on the slow or medium paced rides first to see how you feel.

John
22nd December 2005, 20:18
with 8K genuine kms.

how the fuck can it be genuine? no tests to make sure that the milage is genuine, and sadly ..... :weird:

mic-nsr
28th December 2005, 11:54
yeah nsr mc 18!

NSR-Dan
31st December 2005, 01:06

I would just like to mention and NSR has a V-twin, its just a 2 stroke

NSR-Dan
31st December 2005, 01:07

I would just like to mention that the NSR has a V-twin, its just a 2 stroke