PDA

View Full Version : Mental! Snow-style

Korea
2nd December 2005, 03:20
Okay, this is mental! Someone explain this to me! ...and what's he riding? I need details! Bike specs, tyres, and rider's 'nad size - rider obviously has no fear of, well, anything...

James Deuce
2nd December 2005, 06:15
Looks like a Kwaka 636 and he'll have spiked tyres on - tyres with big spikes to give traction on the ice, not those pathetic studs like the rally cars, but long spikes you could gather rabbits on. If you want to see nads in that setting look up Ice Racing - 70-80 degree leans, 4 inch spikes on the tyres that are mere inches from other riders heads. Kind of like extreme Dirt Track.

WRT
2nd December 2005, 08:46
Damn, that looks like fun . . . hate to contemplate coming off tho.

And what, no one has yet said how "cool" it looks?

vifferman
2nd December 2005, 08:50
Whatever he's running, he seems to have pretty much the same amount of grip as on asphalt. :2thumbsup

Squiggles
2nd December 2005, 09:05
looks bloody tricky!

Sniper
2nd December 2005, 10:35
Fark me :eek5:

Artifice
2nd December 2005, 12:16
in ice racing when there is a multiple crash well they tend to end up with a nice row of holes through parts of thier bodies. i guess they think of them as battle scars to impress chiks with.

James Deuce
2nd December 2005, 12:20
If you were hard enough, you could install some wicked hardware in the holes, bringing new levels of bravery to "getting a piercing".

bugjuice
2nd December 2005, 12:27
It's a couple of bikes. I've seen these guys before, they run some course on ice racing sort of riding. The tires have heaps of spikes in them and are said to be 'stickier' than any road going tyre. The bikes in that clip was a Gixer thou, and I think one bit of a Gix 6 hundy. I'll try to dig up some photos of this too. There's a common one that floats around where they've done a 'burn out' on the ice and the bike just sunk down to the swingarm