PDA

View Full Version : Oscars and (gasp) politics.

James Deuce
2nd March 2004, 07:35
Wasn't that bloody brilliant last night!!

Good on Peter Jackson, New Line and the rest of the people involved.

Billy Crystal was fabulous, and my favourite line from him was

"It's been 13 years since I first hosted the Oscar's , and boy aren't things different these days" (pause) "Bush is in the White House, the economy's tanking, and we just finished a war with Iraq.".

Fuhrer Clark is getting up my nose with the comments about how wonderful the films are and what a "wonderful advertisement for NZ" they are. Didn't she say when interviewed outside the Embassy a couple of years ago that she preferred the books?

Hitcher
2nd March 2004, 07:48
And the really good thing about winning Oscars is that we don't have to defend them next year!!

It's nice to have some good news to take my mind off the demise of New Zealand rugby...

Jackrat
2nd March 2004, 09:09
Heard on the radio this morning,Some yanks are saying the whole thing is boring,LOTR,winning every thing in sight that is.I still havn't seen it but I reckon winning every thing in sight sure ain't boring.Well not if it's your team doing it aye!!
And errrr,what rugby??

Coldkiwi
2nd March 2004, 11:04
It's nice to have some good news to take my mind off the demise of New Zealand rugby...

Demise you say??? maybe in your part of the country my friend
:shake: :shake: :shake: :shake: ;)

The jafa's up here rather enjoyed the game in the weekend! :Punk:
go that carlos boy :ride: (nice shiny bike in the paper too- quite funny to read the inevitable 'how dare he not wear a helmet' letters the next day)

Hitcher
2nd March 2004, 11:47
Demise you say??? maybe in your part of the country my friend
:shake: :shake: :shake: :shake: ;)

The jafa's up here rather enjoyed the game in the weekend! :Punk:
go that carlos boy :ride: (nice shiny bike in the paper too- quite funny to read the inevitable 'how dare he not wear a helmet' letters the next day)

Apologies. (Chokes) Go the Blues! (Sobs) The pride of the nation rests on your shoulders...