PDA

View Full Version : Auckland: Puke 19/03/2004

KiwiDan
2nd March 2004, 16:51
<center><b>Pukekohe Open Day</b></center><br />Any body interested in taking the day off on friday the 19th and headn to puke. Im not sure why they cant open up on a sat, maybe too busy ??? but Im ich'n. Also we have available to us a nice new Didital Camera and Digital Video Camera for posterity. Is anyone keen, I'll take the day off if theres going tobe a fair turn out. Might get some grt Photo's of your knee down & arse up ????.

Put up ya hands if your in. :2thumbsup

SpankMe
2nd March 2004, 17:00
:wavey: I'm in. Meet up at Papakura Autobahn for a 10am departure.

Motoracer
2nd March 2004, 17:07
Yep, I'll see if I can come. I'll try to bring a few of my mates as well. I'll confirm this soon.

KiwiDan
2nd March 2004, 18:06
Looking good, 10 sounds good, Kiwistorm is a starter as well, he just needs to confirm he will be sick that day, the flu I think, WHO ELSE ?????? :2thumbsup

Two Smoker
2nd March 2004, 18:37
Ill see if i can make it, but it wont be till like midday for me:disapint: Then u guys can give me some tips:)

Will get back to you.........

Shade
2nd March 2004, 21:30
Sweet, will see if I have the day off - then i'll be there :)

kiwistorm
3rd March 2004, 06:44
Looking good, 10 sounds good, Kiwistorm is a starter as well, he just needs to confirm he will be sick that day, the flu I think, WHO ELSE ?????? :2thumbsup
I feel a cold coming on - yep i'm in!

RiderInBlack
3rd March 2004, 07:09
Will be popping in to the track:2thumbsup on my way to Tuaranga from Whangarei.

Hope you got time for a slow c*nt but, as I am new to the CBR1000F and don't want to trash it just yet.

dss3
3rd March 2004, 07:12
I could be keen. But never been to trackday before, what's the deal as far as rules? Like do you have to have leathers?...

cheers
daryl

RiderInBlack
3rd March 2004, 07:18
Will be popping in to the track:2thumbsup on my way to Tuaranga from Whangarei.

Hope you got time for a slow c*nt but, as I am new to the CBR1000F and don't want to trash it just yet.
:doh:, f*cked up there:whistle: . I going this Friday (5th). Not made plans for the 19th yet :cool:

Hoon
3rd March 2004, 10:02
I went last Friday and had a good day. They've also resealed the hairpin since the last time I went so its nice and smooth around there now!

Would've liked to come on the 19th but I'll be in Waiouru making good use of my taxes by blowing shit up with grenades/rocket launchers and machine guns! :)

SpankMe
3rd March 2004, 10:44
what's the deal as far as rules? Like do you have to have leathers?...

Open Days are pretty relaxed. Full leathers recommended but not required.

Motoracer
3rd March 2004, 11:11
Hey slob, you should see if they can finally get the bike finished in time for this. It would be really good if you could get the bike deristricted and get on the track on the 19th.

P.S. KK, if you are reading this, why don't you come as well (if you can make it)? I would really like to see your lines etc and find out how you are getting such a good time around the track on your 4 hundy.

shawnmoll
3rd March 2004, 20:54
<center><b>Pukekohe Open Day</b></center><br />Any body interested in taking the day off on friday the 19th and headn to puke. Im not sure why they cant open up on a sat, maybe too busy ??? but Im ich'n. Also we have available to us a nice new Didital Camera and Digital Video Camera for posterity. Is anyone keen, I'll take the day off if theres going tobe a fair turn out. Might get some grt Photo's of your knee down & arse up ????.

Happy to go with the knee down but not arse up. This will be a first with the CBR. :D

Kwaka-Kid
4th March 2004, 04:39
Hey how did it eat my post? i swear i already posted in here, sounds great but man, i got raceweekend after raceweekend after raceweeknd over that time and have taken so much AL over them, will see what i can do but its rather doubtful i will have that friday off. Sorry :( Will check the roster when its Apparently released (today they say, we'll see)

Coldkiwi
4th March 2004, 11:45
Hey how did it eat my post? i swear i already posted in here, sounds great but man...

yeah. my thoughts too! where did that go?
would love to tag along but can't afford the time off, cost of paying or cost to replace inevitably shagged rear tyre.

enjoy guys!

RiderInBlack
4th March 2004, 19:54
Happy to go with the knee down but not arse up. This will be a first with the CBR. :D
Like wise but going to Puke tomorrow with my CBR1000FL (1990).

KiwiDan
5th March 2004, 15:44
Interest gathering , its looking real good, kiwistorm and I are getting our shit together with regards to digital photos and a on board digital camera so to sum it up we have enough memory for 10000 6.3 mga pixel photos and god knows hoe much digital video footage , 20 gb's anyway so dont miss out on ya photo being taken.

How about a head count

Say I :2thumbsup

swanman
7th March 2004, 17:48
What are the conditions of entry. Do you have to have one peice leathers, any mods on the bike, special license?

Zed
7th March 2004, 18:41
Open Days are pretty relaxed. Full leathers recommended but not required.
Does anyone hire leather racing suits out in Auckland? Anyone know?

Zed

wkid_one
7th March 2004, 18:42
No leathers etc required - most times they don't check your gear as you sign a waiver anyway

Steen
8th March 2004, 11:04
Im keen to get on the track even better if theres other riders ..... im in ermmm unless its raining :bleh:

Motoracer
9th March 2004, 21:18
Hi Dan, John won't be able to make it this time. I might just persuade a couple of mates to come but seems like people are busy during that time. I have to take this friday off so there is some chance that I wont be able to come on th 19th my self. We'll see...

Shawn
9th March 2004, 23:10
Just wondering what I have to do to be on the track on 19th. I am very new on Bike. 3 months!! :eek5: Mine is 1995 ZZR 250. Never been on the track. dunno nothing about it...I did race though. Being stupid on the street for some bling bling!!.. :wacko: And I learned my lesson (lets’ not go there!!)…by the way u guys seem real cool on here… :rockon: any1 from Mt. Albert , Auckland area

KiwiDan
10th March 2004, 07:24
Shame, Fridays is a prick of a day to have a track day but they dont seem to be doing a sat for a while so friday it must be, its grt if ya can make it but work is work and sometimes ya just have to do it.

As for your question Speed demon, just turn up , its not like track time, its a
relaxed day, have some good riding gear and your into it, ride your own ride and dont worry about the others, if they want to pass you they will, its their responsibility to get pass you safely :2thumbsup

750Y
10th March 2004, 09:44
sorry Dan, I'm away till the end of the month, catch ya next time, oh and cheers for the chat, I went ahead & she's all good 8-).

Steen
11th March 2004, 18:11
Friday is not lloking good ...if I can get out it will be in the afternoon...have fun

Zed
12th March 2004, 12:03
<CENTER>Pukekohe Open Day</CENTER>
Any body interested in taking the day off on friday the 19th and headn to puke. Im not sure why they cant open up on a sat, maybe too busy ??? but Im ich'n. Also we have available to us a nice new Didital Camera and Digital Video Camera for posterity. Is anyone keen, I'll take the day off if theres going tobe a fair turn out. Might get some grt Photo's of your knee down & arse up ????.

Dan, what do you have to do to your bike to take it on the track? Tape up lights, etc, etc? Any other rules for a newbie to be aware of? Thanks.

Motoracer
12th March 2004, 12:14
Just make sure it doesn't have any loose bits comming off it (even this, is up to you). The rules are very relaxed, so you don't need to do anything to your bike.

At the same time it is wise to make sure that you do not have any oil leaks on the bike which can be a hazzard for the others and yourself. Take off your mirrors and indicators etc if you want to stay on the safe side. It saves you some money if you come off (god forbid). Taking off the mirrors also means that you are concentrating more on the track ahead of you and your own lines rather than who's behind you.

After that, just check that every thing on the bike is running good, eg. chain tention, tire condition, tire pressure etc. Then you can wack that thing with your right hand and have a blast! :2thumbsup

Zed
12th March 2004, 12:39
Thanks.

and..."wack that thing with your right hand and have a blast!"...I will be. :msn-wink:

KiwiDan
12th March 2004, 13:24
Good advise from Motoracer all, thats the long and the short of it,, just have fun.... :soon:

Drunken Monkey
12th March 2004, 16:17
Good advise from Motoracer all, thats the long and the short of it,, just have fun.... :soon:

Definately - It's much easier (and safer!) for the quickies to zip past a slower rider who holds the race line. If you're slow and you 'try' to allow people past, you move in such a way that is not normally expected to a more experienced track rider.
So whip off your mirrors and ride around as slow and safe as you want. It's a really good opportunity to test out your own skills or blow the 'ol cobwebs out of an under-utilized race engine.
Me, I've got some personal goals of my own...

SPman
12th March 2004, 19:03
If work doesnt intervene I might trundle on down and wobble around!(it has been 25 yrs since Ive actually ridden Puke} Despite . after the last service being told - "the engines alright, just dont take it near a race track.......:sweatdrop *

Two Smoker
15th March 2004, 15:25
Im definately in, but i can only make it at like between 1 and 2, will i still be able to go for a blat????
I'll have my race fairing on and its red and shabby lol (therefore i dont give a shit if i drop it) So give me a hello howsit goin coz its the first time:niceone:

Cheers guys

KiwiDan
15th March 2004, 17:37
It would be grt to see you both,, Spman and Two smoker, come at any time , it really doesnt matter, the earlier the better. :Punk:

Two Smoker
15th March 2004, 18:39
It would be grt to see you both,, Spman and Two smoker, come at any time , it really doesnt matter, the earlier the better. :Punk:
Sweet, ive just spent the last hour putting my racing fairing on:wacko: , now im off to fill the tank with gas:niceone: im sure it will be a awesome day

fzr400rr
16th March 2004, 11:23
I'm gonna ride from Hastings to Auckland on the 19th, so keen to stop by for a perv at bikes hauling ass... Anyone else riding from HB on the 19th???

Kwaka-Kid
16th March 2004, 11:59
hey guys, sorry its very unlikley i will make it at all as a) i have a 7am start at work, and b) im busy fitting ZXR400 front and ZX9R rear fairings to my bike, then respraying bright yellow followed hopefully by a few sponsors decals :) its time to get the beast looking sharp :D (as most of you know shes far from it atm)

wkid_one
16th March 2004, 12:01
hey guys, sorry its very unlikley i will make it at all as a) i have a 7am start at work, and b) im busy fitting ZXR400 front and ZX9R rear fairings to my bike, then respraying bright yellow followed hopefully by a few sponsors decals :) its time to get the beast looking sharp :D (as most of you know shes far from it atm)
And here I was going to get them to make sure the sandtrap was freshly raked and the grass watered on Jennian Homes Corner for you as well. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Kwaka-Kid
16th March 2004, 15:55
now listen MATE... :p heheh! there wont be any of that! i cant afford to off, not with my soon to be new paint etc :)

SPman
18th March 2004, 19:55
Well, gotta start a job tomorrow, and at $40/hr................thats me out! Again!

Two Smoker
18th March 2004, 20:37
Im still in!!!!!!!! :niceone: just went and filled my oil tank and fuel tank... ill try be there by 1 o'clock *hoping*, My bike is running mint but knowing my luck will fuck up as i ride to puke:wacko: ...

Is there a certain place i need to be? (other than the race track...) When someone sees my rigged red and black bike with a guy in red black and white leathers, say hi and please give me a hand :niceone: it is my first time :rolleyes:

RiderInBlack
18th March 2004, 20:53
Hope to be there if I get my sorry asse out of bed early enough (come from Whangarei, approx 3hrs). Then you guys can show me how to ride me bike proper like:niceone: . Then plan to ride the Wellsford Poker Run Saturday:beer: (and strippers of course:whistle: ).

Motoracer
18th March 2004, 21:03
Unfortunatly, I definetly can not come tomorrow. But after this weekend, Hello track days! Anyone going on the track after this weekend, let me know. :Punk:

Zed
19th March 2004, 19:09
To Spank & the lads who were out at Pukekohe today, thanks for the good riding company!

For my first time on the track I had a ball and it was well worth taking a day off work and paying out $80. Getting that flat rear tyre after only the first session was a bummer, but thanks to Kiwistorm (hope the neck heals!) for his emergency repair kit I was up and running again in no time! :cool:

Condolences again to the rider from Rotorua on his VFR who had a highside spill from that blasted oil on the track. Thankfully you didn't hurt yourself and you displayed a good attitude about it all...good on ya for staying until the end! :doctor:

Looking forward to seeing those pics uploaded and hopefully some video footage soon...

Zed

SpankMe
19th March 2004, 19:28
A good day out at puke despite the very late start, oil on the hair pin that didn't get properly cleaned up until after a shiny red VFR crashed on it, much dirt spread across the track from the ditch digging that was going on beside the track and the odd tractor crossing the track while racing was going on. :shit: :angry: :(

But still looking forward to the next open day. There is going to be a Bike Only Open Day on the 23rd of April. I will post a news item on the homepage closer to the date.

Motoracer
19th March 2004, 19:41
On my way to work while I was out braking vans while approaching the round about and overtaking some grannies on the motorway, I was thining of the hairpin and the back straight of Pukie :p Would have just loved to be there...

I'll be looking forward to seeing the pics.

P.S. What sorta lap times did you guys get btw?

Motoracer
19th March 2004, 19:45
But still looking forward to the next open day. There is going to be a Bike Only Open Day on the 23rd of April. I will post a news item on the homepage closer to the date.

Count me in 100% for that! I can't wait to try out my new bike! (after I get it this weekend)

Kwaka-Kid
19th March 2004, 20:02
yeeah was there any timing going on? and hurry up and throw the pics up guys!!! Sorry to hear about hte man on the VFR :( -was he a KB'er at all? did anyone throw him a card? well i might see you guys out on 23rd april... will see how it goes.

Zed
19th March 2004, 20:08
Count me in 100% for that! I can't wait to try out my new bike! (after I get it this weekend)
So what's this new bike then?

Motoracer
19th March 2004, 20:18
So what's this new bike then?

I'll reveal it when I have it in the garage on Sunday evening. I'll post pics and every thing then. Its a 600. :scooter:

Zed
19th March 2004, 20:31
I'll reveal it when I have it in the garage on Sunday evening. I'll post pics and every thing then. Its a 600. :scooter:
Let me quess...is it a GPZ, ZX or ZZR 600???

Firefight
19th March 2004, 20:37

Firefight knows what it is ! :whistle:

F/F

Two Smoker
19th March 2004, 21:09
Great day for me, being my first track day. Im up for next friday as well. There wasn't any timing there :( , i would like to have known my times.... But i was happy everyone went easy on the final session and i only got lapped once by only a few bikers :niceone: and i think me being there showed everyone how quick a small bike can corner:whistle:

Pity about the VFR....

Great to meet you firefight, next time bring the R6 :) As well as being great to meet everyone else.

Whens the photo's going to be uploaded........?

Zed
19th March 2004, 21:26
You did good out there TS...changed my opinion about 150cc bikes (not that I would ever buy one).

One day soon we'll see you out there on something that can pass the tonne on the straights!! :yes:

Zed

Kwaka-Kid
20th March 2004, 06:52
hey sounds like you guys had fun, and good stuff TS nice to hear you enjoyed it...but whats this? an SS150 showing us how to corner? mate i know they do well but just wait till you see Dave on the 125' corner!!! phenominal how the hell it all holds together... i almost enjoy watching Mark on his 125 in F3 swing around me in jennian..amazing to see but scares me at the same time!

KiwiDan
20th March 2004, 08:34
Hi all

Sorry I had to miss the track session, I had a death in the family and the funeral was of course on friday, wouldnt ya no it.

From the photos hayley took it looked like a great day was had, big thanks to her for some fantastic images, a great job done .

Thoughts to the chap who had a moment, hope all is as well as can be exspected.

I have edited the photos and I think there is something for all who rode.
I will attempt to place the photos in the Images section under Gallery/biker events/2004/Puke 19/03/2004.

Two Smoker
20th March 2004, 14:16
You did good out there TS...changed my opinion about 150cc bikes (not that I would ever buy one).

One day soon we'll see you out there on something that can pass the tonne on the straights!! :yes:

Zed
:Oi: I passed the ton lol, I was hitting 170 on the front straight and around the first corner:laugh:, and then about 140 through the first of the esses muahahaha, but then the back straight and it was like i was there for ever:eek5: , then the hairpin and i was back in business :niceone: but everyone there that were better riders and on faster bikes were nice to me and let me have my line cheers guys :niceone:

Well KK you can come next friday and show me how to take those corners well ;)

Kwaka-Kid
20th March 2004, 15:53
i gots a 400 :( But Ho-Hoon is the man i theived my lines off.. hey Hoon im still giving you credit right up untill now eh :) no way in hell i would have made the times i have (and beaten you, mitch, gary, Craig and Si @ AMCC Rnd 2...feck that was a good days racing :)

kiwistorm
20th March 2004, 16:04
Sorry dude, had to put the pics on here but congrats on the great way you took it and made the most of a bad situation.
I look forward to see you out there again and hope the ride back to Rotorua was ok.

Two Smoker
20th March 2004, 16:33
Sorry dude, had to put the pics on here but congrats on the great way you took it and made the most of a bad situation.
I look forward to see you out there again and hope the ride back to Rotorua was ok.
Hey Kiwistorm, when are the pictures going to be up and ready? Man your bike has some mint tricks lol... Hope you get 300 next time :niceone:

kiwistorm
20th March 2004, 17:32
Hope you get 300 next time :niceone:

Hi ya TS - good on ya for coming along. No probs with getting over 300 - thats if you believe the speedo but I hit red line in top gear, (and have it on film) so who knows?

KiwiDan is working on getting the pics uploaded. He has about 30 good ones?

Hey Guys here is a small teaser of the on-board video, I had to make it short and of poor quality to reduce size and be able to post.
Full video will be available on the server once I finish editing and get it to Spank.
Enjoy! :Pokey:

Zed
20th March 2004, 18:58
Hi ya TS - good on ya for coming along. No probs with getting over 300 - thats if you believe the speedo but I hit red line in top gear, (and have it on film) so who knows?

KiwiDan is working on getting the pics uploaded. He has about 30 good ones?

Hey Guys here is a small teaser of the on-board video, I had to make it short and of poor quality to reduce size and be able to post.
Full video will be available on the server once I finish editing and get it to Spank.
Thanks for the short movie KS. Man it will be hard for you to downgrade from your Gixxer 1000 when the time comes, knowing & experiencing how much grunt that thing has! :yes:

Zed

Aucker
20th March 2004, 19:29
A good day out at puke despite the very late start, oil on the hair pin that didn't get properly cleaned up until after a shiny red VFR crashed on it, much dirt spread across the track from the ditch digging that was going on beside the track and the odd tractor crossing the track while racing was going on. :shit: :angry: :(

so how many bikers from this site turned up?

Two Smoker
20th March 2004, 19:58
so how many bikers from this site turned up?
There were about 10 bikes, majority of them were from this site....

Two Smoker
20th March 2004, 20:00
Nice video.. Can't wait for the full versions and the ones where im doing 180 and you fly pass me lol....

Steen
21st March 2004, 12:29
Hey that was fun theres nothing like caning around on your bike or hearing a vtwin or multi blast past at full noise the VFR crashing out wasn't fun but he took it well ( better than I would have ) Ize surprised how "well" the bike crashed ....im mean it was still rideable..... Turns out I ve got an exhaust leak to fix just when ize starting to get into it oil spills tractors & all..... see you next time ......

Two Smoker
21st March 2004, 12:39
Hey that was fun theres nothing like caning around on your bike or hearing a vtwin or multi blast past at full noise the VFR crashing out wasn't fun but he took it well ( better than I would have ) Ize surprised how "well" the bike crashed ....im mean it was still rideable..... Turns out I ve got an exhaust leak to fix just when ize starting to get into it oil spills tractors & all..... see you next time ......
Have you got the exhaust leak fixed??? Im sure when that's fixed you will get closer to the top speed :niceone: Hope to see you there next time (if i can make it, maybe i should pull a sicky :innocent: :whistle: )

SpankMe
21st March 2004, 21:43
Thanks to KiwiStorm and Harley for the photos of the day. Images are now in the gallery.

Also a movie has been compiled by KiwiStorm is available in wmv (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/images/Puke-Mar-04.wmv) (8.5MB) and the higher quality (but same res) mpg (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/images/Puke-Mar-04.mpg) (42MB).

Two Smoker
21st March 2004, 21:52
Great to see the photos up!!!! Are there anymore? Still waiting for the download to finish:whistle:

Two Smoker
21st March 2004, 22:13
Both Videos seem to be stuffing up :argh: Is it because they are still being uploaded onto the site???? i can only end up seeing about 50 seconds of it, and its sooooooooooooooo good,

Bloody good job Kiwistorm :niceone:

SpankMe
21st March 2004, 23:55
I just downloaded and played the wmv file with problem. Also all the days images in the gallery have been reduced to 1600x1200. If you would like the full res image, just send me a message to have it emailed to you.

Kwaka-Kid
22nd March 2004, 09:46
hey AWESOME stuff on the video guys! that just rocks... well as i type thing im just gearing up to go buy the yellow paint for my racebike :D

kiwistorm
22nd March 2004, 13:21
I'm pleased you guys liked it.

It was a good test day to see what would happen on film.
Next time I will be able to get much better footage without all the messing around.

Enjoy!

wmv (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/images/Puke-Mar-04.wmv) (8.5MB) and the higher quality (but same res) mpg (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/images/Puke-Mar-04.mpg) (42MB).

Zed
22nd March 2004, 13:52
I'm pleased you guys liked it.

It was a good test day to see what would happen on film.
Next time I will be able to get much better footage without all the messing around.

Enjoy!

wmv (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/images/Puke-Mar-04.wmv) (8.5MB) and the higher quality (but same res) mpg (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/images/Puke-Mar-04.mpg) (42MB).
Well done film! Good variety of shots and enjoyable to watch...pity you were the only one filmed doing a wheelie :sneaky2: lol

Zed

yessum
22nd March 2004, 14:11
wow, great video! you guys have some sweet bikes! looks like a helluva lot of fun....
it gives me the itch to take my machine down to Puke for some thrashing :whistle:

i take it you don't have to lockwire the sump-plugs (etc) on a test day? just make sure she's fit and healthy?

Steen
22nd March 2004, 14:24
Downloaded everything no worries the edited mini film is cool & now I have a pic of me on the track ..... cheers to the photographers

Any one heading out there this Friday ?

kiwistorm
22nd March 2004, 14:56
Well done film! Good variety of shots and enjoyable to watch...pity you were the only one filmed doing a wheelie :sneaky2: lol

Zed

LOL there was footage of your wheelie but unfortunately it was a bunny hop and didnt do your wheelie skills justice.

Next time!

Zed
22nd March 2004, 15:17
LOL there was footage of your wheelie but unfortunately it was a bunny hop and didnt do your wheelie skills justice. :eek5:

Next time! :done:
:argh: you could have just cut it off at the top of the bunny hop! I did some better ones coming out of the hairpin at the end of the back straight- that's where ALL of the action happened!

Thanks again for your efforts KS & co.

Two Smoker
22nd March 2004, 16:02
Downloaded everything no worries the edited mini film is cool & now I have a pic of me on the track ..... cheers to the photographers

Any one heading out there this Friday ?

Yea mate i should make it (hopefully), aslong as i finish work in time..... (im starting really early for the day as well lol). Who else is going???? KK hurry up and paint your bike, i want to see it flying down the straight and through the corners... :niceone:

Two Smoker
22nd March 2004, 16:20
Finally got the video downloaded.... Fucking mint job Kiwistorm :niceone: some great footage, are you coming again this friday?

White trash
22nd March 2004, 16:26
Awesome work guys :niceone:

Please please be there on the 23rd of April as a few of Wellingtonians are coming north to meet a few of you.

Kwaka-Kid
22nd March 2004, 20:05
right, WILL TRY MY BEST to be there. Sorry i didnt make this one guys, and wont make one this friday, like, in my mind i see it as such a cost when ive been there like a number of times and raced properly and the problem i find with trackdays is u get out SOO much and i cant help myself, so end up clocking up hte K's and just circulating without improvement just wearing out the old girl and her worn shoes that have to last the next 2 races (this weekend taupo, next weekend Pukekohe) i really am hopeing they will last.. because im going to make them wheather they have tread/grip or not :( sux2bpoor.

Coldkiwi
23rd March 2004, 11:21
man.. i'm gonna still be skint for cash come the 23rd but i'm am SORELY tempted to get sick that day

Coldkiwi
23rd March 2004, 11:41
ooooeeeer dear!! just downloaded that video (absolute pearler KS!! maybe we should pack a tripod for shots of guys dissappearing down the back straight on full zoom?) and now i'm having trouble justifying not coming out again... specially if there's a good bunch of fast guys on fast bikes cause its always nice to have some targets, albiet ranging from realistic to dreaming, to set my sights on!

White trash
23rd March 2004, 11:50
Do it!

It'd be cool to see you there. The more Alstare reps there the better.

Motoracer
23rd March 2004, 12:04
Where's ching ching? If your interested, come along man! the more the merrier. :2thumbsup

P.S. Ching, we saw you shoot past us going the other way when we were driving up from Wellingoton.

gpercivl
23rd March 2004, 13:44
(this weekend taupo, next weekend Pukekohe) :( sux2bpoor.

Hey KK will see you at Taupo on Sunday...saw your times from Ruapuna...not bad my man!!! I'll be following you at Taupo now :D

Coldkiwi
23rd March 2004, 17:29
Do it!

It'd be cool to see you there. The more Alstare reps there the better.

if I am there, I will have removed the alstare fairings for the day and be using 750Y's old blue/white race fairings to save on any spills. the tank will be the same tho so it should look a right ugly hotch potch and stick out like dogs bollocks!

Kwaka-Kid
24th March 2004, 00:04
Hey Greg! long time dude! yeah cant wait for taupo it will be fun, and no dude, i think ill be following you :) - pitty darn mitch wont be there :( damn id love to learn more about taupo following her, seems to do it well she does. And dude, you saw my times @ Ruapuna? darn thats embarrassing, i was hoping they might go unseen :( Well the bikes mostly painted now! just getting last coat on thursday then ill paint hte black nubmer boards friday then stick numbers on saturday and race sunday! she should be looking mint i hope :) rough job yet still many many hours spent in prep :( dealing with really bad examples of fairings :(

gpercivl
26th March 2004, 14:13
And dude, you saw my times @ Ruapuna? darn thats embarrassing, i was hoping they might go unseen :( Well the bikes mostly painted now! just getting last coat on thursday then ill paint hte black nubmer boards friday then stick numbers on saturday and race sunday! she should be looking mint i hope :) rough job yet still many many hours spent in prep :( dealing with really bad examples of fairings :(

I've been there many a time with my fairings...still running the same ones I got with the bike in 1998 and they have heaps of repairs :)

I would have liked to have done the Britten event especially as Mark Wigley (Wiggles) was there and he blew me away last time at Puke, but since than I have a newer motor with race kit cams that go straight thru to the rev limiter :D

He'll be at Puke on April 4th so will be a good show down!

I've got my 600 back in a different 400 frame now too...hope to have it at Puke on the test day on 23rd...if you're there, take it for a ride if you want to, it's 153kg and pops wheelies everywhere.

CU Sunday

Kwaka-Kid
26th March 2004, 14:22
hah amate that 600 sounds evil, have to be honest and say its prolly a bit much for me to handle but yeah cant wait till sunday! hopefully these new panels/paint wont throw me off mentally and make me ride like a nanna :S too scared of coming home with any scratches on 'em!