PDA

View Full Version : Checkin out a vehicle

sAsLEX
5th December 2005, 08:18
Hey got a mate buying a car and was wondering if anyone on here could check it out for me via the net PM for the reg

also has anyone had any experience using Western Union Money Transfers, the vehicle is ex NZ and still rego here but is in England so wary of a scam and he dont want to waste his money

sAsLEX
5th December 2005, 08:59
bump

oh when wildcat_lgf was gettin the leathers i remember him talking about a LC. What costs are associated with these?

Biff
5th December 2005, 09:03
Western Union are bloody expensive. I find that direct bank transfers are always cheaper (£1000 +).

Ixion
5th December 2005, 09:12
Thomas Cook do a money transfer service of which I have heard good report

Sniper
5th December 2005, 09:22
Don't do it mate. I have just had someone try buy a cellphone off me and attempted to pay by WU. Seems honest enough until they ask you to provide shipping details before the money is in hand. Get all the details and faxs ect.

If the buy goes belly up, at least your mate will have a chance at recovering the money.

kerryg
5th December 2005, 09:39
Don't do it mate. I have just had someone try buy a cellphone off me and attempted to pay by WU. Seems honest enough until they ask you to provide shipping details before the money is in hand. Get all the details and faxs ect.

If the buy goes belly up, at least your mate will have a chance at recovering the money.

Western Union is the payment medium of choice of internet scammers. Ebay for instance cautions against using it. Better to go to a mainstream bank and see what they propose.

sAsLEX
5th December 2005, 09:45
cheers for the advice guys will pass on, as the deal seems a bit shakey to start with will tell him not to go ahead unless he can organise it through other means

oh and who on the site still has access to the vehicle database thingo. did the whole text plate to FIND and that came up with nothing owing