PDA

View Full Version : I wish I had a scooter...

ManDownUnder
3rd March 2004, 08:34
For the first time in YEARS I got to work, kicked the stand down, leaned the bike over only to find the stand hadn't gone all the way down... bike started to tip and with the weight of the RF, combined with the pannier (complete with computer etc in it)...

... CRUNCH ...

Bastard of a way to start the day.

If it was a scooter it wouldn't have fallen over, and even if it did - what damage would it possibly do...?

All ok though, indicators mirrors etc all moved but not broken.

The best part was the prat (I'm not allowed to say fuckwit in here am I?) that pulled into a carpark, backed in (so he was FACING me), got out and walked off to work. Here's me sweating trying to lift my bike...

:mad: :mad: :mad:

James Deuce
3rd March 2004, 08:57
Bummer!!

Amazing how people can't quite seem to bring themselves to help ANYONE. This seems very prevalent amongst the general populace, whilst most motorcyclists I know would help a half-feral HD rider, who could only communicate in grunts and smells like an abbatoir stockyard.

I fear the perception of "community" is changing from "those people that interact with my immediate environment" to, "those people I know who can benefit me in some way".

Glad it's not big time damage, and I hope you forgive yourself sometime today :)

ManDownUnder
3rd March 2004, 09:13
Bummer!!
I fear the perception of "community" is changing from "those people that interact with my immediate environment" to, "those people I know who can benefit me in some way".

You've hit it on the head with that one!

Especially in Auckland I find... rural communities tend to be more looking out for each other.

And yes - I'll forgive mysself as soon as the red wax successfully hides all those fine cratches in the fairing... not good... NOT good..

Timber020
3rd March 2004, 11:00
I fang around town on an RG50, sometimes I wish it had more than 6 gears but its been knocked over about 8 times by wind, cars, etc. Never any damage. The other night my 750 went over, about 300$ worth just like that. Yeah get a scooter for the commute, keep the bike for the hauls.

White trash
3rd March 2004, 11:06
Suzuki SJ125. Bloody briliant thing!

Got one for the missus and I ride it more than her. They cruise at anound 90 no probs, cost SFA to run and only cost about $3500.

Get down to Colemans. :scooter:

Lou Girardin
3rd March 2004, 12:06
Lucky that nothing broke. I did the clutch lever, gear lever and mirror, exact same situation.
Lou