PDA

View Full Version : NEW Question. Re: Pillion Seat NC30

Vegan
5th December 2005, 18:12
It seems my pillion seat will not come off when using the key. It turns and feels ok - but the damn seat will not budge - i need to strip the fairings off - anyone know a way around this?

mini_me
6th December 2005, 18:39
no, you cannot get the fairing off without taking teh pillion seat off
you do know that you turn the key and the _back_ of the seat should unclip and you have to lift it (it will be very easy to lift) and you have to turn the key a long way (~90 degrees maybe more cant member completely)

hope this helps - if your still stuck gimme a scream and ill see what i can do
chris

Vegan
6th December 2005, 20:36
Hello - well I finally got the seat off - basically the screw (see image below) was loose - thus the torque being applied through the key was turning the whole unit - rather than just the mechanism to pull the cable. So there was not enough pull on the cable to release the seat. I had to pull the fairings apart (which I found to have very dodgy repair job on them (see image). Thankfully I have some tyga fairings on the way - in the mean time I shall repair these with fibreglass.

sAsLEX
6th December 2005, 20:54
pfft you got lots of money to afford tyga, that repair is wasy better than mine, they have cracks and crap all over and the seat tabs are atttached to the seat and not the fairings anymore

Vegan
6th December 2005, 21:42
attached to the seat - so the seat pulls straight off? lol?
I can only afford Tyga because I sold my mountain bike for a grand....i probably cannot afford to get them painted for some time though - so it probably wont be until late jan/feb that they adorn the nc30. I have to troubleshoot the current issue (i'm hoping to god it's electrics and not engine :|) . I have a new battery - so the multimeter will be coming out tmorrow to do the testing.

sAsLEX
24th February 2006, 13:53
Any update on the Tyga?!

Vegan
27th February 2006, 19:44
Didn't go with them in the end - 'm going to Europe for the 2nd half of this year - so need the cash. I did get A new set from Just fairings - with the pillion eliminated...