PDA

View Full Version : another intro

fzr400rr
3rd March 2004, 09:32
I dunno if you memebers actually read the intro posts, but i'm going to put a speil on anyway.
I'm back on a bike after a few years off. Been racing road (Bi)cycles for 10yrs, so the going fast on 2 wheels is my thing. Had a 250 at varsity, but was too young / too dumb to own a bike. Now I'm on a '90 fzr400rr and hopefully a bit more sensible (but probably not) :rolleyes:
Whats the general age of guys / gals on this forum, do you guys do meets and all that stuff around the country??
Cheers - See you all round....

Ms Piggy
3rd March 2004, 10:18
Welcome! :niceone:

I'm just a new rider myself but this is a great forum for meeting other riders & getting great tips from them.

As far as average age...there isn't one I don't think, we just all love riding & that's what matters! :rockon:

I'm at the Wellington end of the country & have been on a couple of rides with other KBers, so basically where ever you are riding to, from or around I'm sure there would be someone keen to hook up. :ride:

ching_ching
3rd March 2004, 10:49
Kia ora bro,

Welcome. I'm sure you'll enjoy logging onto the site now and then to see what's been a happeninn.

As far as rides / meets are concerned, if you can do the meetups with whoever, then that's probably it and tis all good. I'm gunning to shoot to Cambridge this Sunday for the Cambridge Toy Run which is organised by Ulysses for the Child Cancer Foundation. Everybody is meeting at Camboes at about 9am then everybody takes their leave at about 11am to meet up in Garden Place in Hamilton to munch out and shoot the breeze. (If anybody's got a toy, gets collected for the children). Per chance if you're interested then that's the haps for this shindig.

Welcome again bro.

ching

merv
3rd March 2004, 12:05
Ching just interested, any worries for you with the Turangi floods?

Hitcher
3rd March 2004, 12:09
FZR -- welcome to the monkey house. Just dive on in and enjoy this happy throng...

ching_ching
3rd March 2004, 19:19
Ching just interested, any worries for you with the Turangi floods?

Nein bro. I'm kind've in the bronx away from the river. Have to worry about bros rolling your house instead hahaha.

On the road to where I work (on the side closest to the river) there's been a bit of a bite taken out of the road due to a 'bit of water'. If you weren't careful on the night and you were on your bike, if you happened to be on that particular side you might have ended up taking a dive down the drop and eventually into the river. But safety conscious councils fullas have put safety barriers up.

But thanks for your concern bro. :2thumbsup

Yet another reason to join this site. Good, caring folks on here :2thumbsup

ching

LB
4th March 2004, 05:02
Welcome fzr400rr! this is a great site.

Ching: I'm sorry Merv beat me to asking how the floods were for you - I was thinking of you at the time - honestly!!

ching_ching
4th March 2004, 07:51
Welcome fzr400rr! this is a great site.

Ching: I'm sorry Merv beat me to asking how the floods were for you - I was thinking of you at the time - honestly!!

Heehee, never fear, will take more than a flood to part me from my sickle.