PDA

View Full Version : 2003 GSX600R LTD EDT

JWALKER
6th December 2005, 09:20
Hi

i was wondering if someone could please help me out with a question i
have?.

I bought my first big bike last week. it is a 2003 suzuki GSX600R K3 LIMITED EDITION and it such a nice bike and i was wondering if anyone knew how many other of this model are around new zealand. i live in christchurch.

thank you:weird: :weird:

onearmedbandit
6th December 2005, 09:26
Sorry can't help you with your question, however if you're keen to join up for a ride sometime let us know. Always good to see another gixxer on the road!

The_Dover
6th December 2005, 09:29
I know what you mean. They are becoming increasingly rare as more and more riders learn to appreciate the comfort and style afforded by riding a cruiser.

MidnightMike
6th December 2005, 09:43
I cant help but went to look at the K6 yesterday :shit: what a masterpiece.

Fordy
6th December 2005, 10:10
Post a pic then....

White trash
6th December 2005, 10:33
Hi

i was wondering if someone could please help me out with a question i
have?.

I bought my first big bike last week. it is a 2003 suzuki GSX600R K3 LIMITED EDITION and it such a nice bike and i was wondering if anyone knew how many other of this model are around new zealand. i live in christchurch.

thank you:weird: :weird:

Sorry mate, your Suzuki dealer told you they were a ltd edition I know, but the reality is thay're the most common model of Gixxer six on KB.

I have personally met 4 KBers that ride them and used to own one myself.

Bad luck.

MidnightMike
6th December 2005, 10:38
I think this is it. The 1 i saw was the only 1 in nz, or so the guy told me.

dawnrazor
6th December 2005, 10:52
I think this is it. The 1 i saw was the only 1 in nz, or so the guy told me.
where did you see the K6? They are not out until april/may, but there was one at big boys toys inauckland, wonder if it was the same one.

MidnightMike
6th December 2005, 11:00
Moto Gb tga

JWALKER
6th December 2005, 11:27
yeah, im definatly keen to meet up with others to go for a ride, i don't really know anyone around christchurch to ride with. when are people next going for a ride?

Waylander
6th December 2005, 14:19
Moto Gb tga
Hmm, need to plan a trip me thinks.

JWALKER
6th December 2005, 14:53
That sounds like a great idea. i went for a ride to greymouth to test the bike
out and it kinda sucked when see guys coming back the other way in a group and ya by yourself.
whats the ride to hamner like?

onearmedbandit
6th December 2005, 16:35
Quite boring if you're scared of losing your licence. Did it again (not losing my licence, the trip to Hamner) last Friday night with a mate on his ZXR750, rode back by myself at 7am the next morning. Cops a plenty (saw 5 on the trip between Culverden and Hamner), straight boring roads, the odd good sweeper (that needs to be taken at over 200km/h for any serious lean angle) and a few 65km/h corners that are still very boring at speeds up to 130km/h. Then there is the straight leading into Culverden, OMFG. You'll fall asleep.

Best head to Akaroa is my opinion for a short trip, wide open corners on the flat, plenty of 55 and 65km/h corners on the way to Little River (when I was young I thought that was where the Little River Band came from!!), then hills, hills, and hills all the way to Aka's consisting of corners from 25km/h to 65km/h for about 15-30mins depending on your ability. Fucking cool.

gav
6th December 2005, 17:48
OK, yeah the 2003 Corona rep, nice bike, but hardly rare! Probably gone up in value since Troy Corser floundered his way to a WSBK title, though :lol:

Kornholio
6th December 2005, 19:00
Sorry can't help you with your question, however if you're keen to join up for a ride sometime let us know. Always good to see another gixxer on the road!
There can never be too many :drinknsin

White trash
6th December 2005, 20:56
Probably gone up in value since Troy Corser floundered his way to a WSBK title, though :lol:

Oh yeah, he was lucky alright.

Lucky that Honda couldn't build a bike with enough power to win races.......

Sensei
6th December 2005, 21:25
Litre eater ?? How do ya figure that Konholio . :eyepoke:

White trash
6th December 2005, 21:29

I think he's talking about those "other" litres mate. You know, the Honduh, Yamashit and Kumandsukmes.

Let's not forget the 'orrible V-twin thou's that the spaghetti slupers build.

JWALKER
7th December 2005, 06:24
OK, yeah the 2003 Corona rep, nice bike, but hardly rare! Probably gone up in value since Troy Corser floundered his way to a WSBK title, though :lol:

man, that ticks me off. i hate when you get lied too. don't get
me wrong, i love the bike, but that just annoys me heaps.

anybody going for ride this saturday?

Sniper
7th December 2005, 07:01
There can never be too many :drinknsin

Yes there can :killingme

Welcome to KB mate, and like the others said, the GSXR "Limited edition" is not so limited. But if you want to come for a ride, Im heading up to Blenheim on friday. Come for a cruise to Kiakoura.

S

JWALKER
7th December 2005, 09:19
thanks man. its nice to finally have a big bike and now just to meet other people to ride with

Drunken Monkey
7th December 2005, 11:14
... Kumandsukmes. .

Don't you mean the Krapasucky?

R6_kid
7th December 2005, 13:41
what in particular makes it a special/limited edition?

not particularly clued up on them but the only 'limited' edition 2003 model GSXR600s i have seen are either alstare corona or telefonica/movistar paint jobs, and they arent particularly ltd edition though they do look quite nice.

Other than that i only know of the 2005 '20 years of GSXR' limited edition bikes. With the new 'old' paint job, blue chain, special plaque and a few other 'nice bits'

JWALKER
7th December 2005, 14:21
what in particular makes it a special/limited edition?

not particularly clued up on them but the only 'limited' edition 2003 model GSXR600s i have seen are either alstare corona or telefonica/movistar paint jobs, and they arent particularly ltd edition though they do look quite nice.

Other than that i only know of the 2005 '20 years of GSXR' limited edition bikes. With the new 'old' paint job, blue chain, special plaque and a few other 'nice bits'

i'm not sure. it is the corona bike. the guy siad to me the onle bought about 15 of them into the country in 2003 and about 10 of them were scraped on the track, so there were only about 4 or 5 left in new zealand, and they had been realesed as a "limited edition" bike.
Now after talking to you guys on here, i get the impression, i was mislead a
bit, which doesnt make me to happy

Drunken Monkey
7th December 2005, 14:25
...and about 10 of them were scraped on the track...

We know someone here who was responsible for at least one of them :whistle: (not mentioning any names, eh, "not-warm flightless-bird-and-national-symbol" type person...)

Kornholio
7th December 2005, 15:01

Lol you would be surprised :spudbooge

Sensei
7th December 2005, 21:29
Lol you would be surprised :spudbooge

Been hearing that for the last 25y's Dude no one has yet backed it up !

White trash
7th December 2005, 21:31
Been hearing that for the last 25y's Dude no one has yet backed it up !

See ya at the track day then?

Sensei
7th December 2005, 21:32
Why I do road not Track !

loosebruce
7th December 2005, 22:38
i'm not sure. it is the corona bike. the guy siad to me the onle bought about 15 of them into the country in 2003 and about 10 of them were scraped on the track, so there were only about 4 or 5 left in new zealand, and they had been realesed as a "limited edition" bike.
Now after talking to you guys on here, i get the impression, i was mislead a
bit, which doesnt make me to happy

Chances are he was talking bout the telefonica reps, i toasted one of them brand new :doh: still lives though, sort of will until next sunday when i get a hold of it again.
Suzuki brought a shitload of Corona reps from Canada and sold them in summer feast for $15K or near that, next thing you know every man and his dog had one, still a bloody choice bike and good looking, dont stress bout the sales men they dont have a fucken clue what they are on about half the time ask Whitetrash.

Kickaha
13th December 2005, 11:17
Why I do road not Track !

cause you always get smoked at the track? :lol: