PDA

View Full Version : Hyosung ? Whats your opinion ?

Lord Alster
6th December 2005, 16:57
Not thinking at all about buying one just curious about peoples opinions of the brand.:chase:

Macktheknife
6th December 2005, 16:59
They look like a lot of bike for the $.
I have heard that they are quite nice to ride but have not tried one myself yet, one day.

WINJA
6th December 2005, 17:04
KOREAN WOMAN YES , KOREAN BIKES MAYBE BUT NOT YET

skelstar
6th December 2005, 17:07
If i liked the ride of the Hyobag 650R and knew it was going to hold its value then I would buy another. Done 11,000kms on mine since July :).

Mattyc
6th December 2005, 17:13
A mate has a GT650, for a 650 vtwin it goes ok, would get smoked by a gixxer 600 or similar but for what it is its good, the one i have ridden has been customised a bit and had a ohlins shock and twin stainless cans so it handled and sounded better than std, on a whole the bike seems good, well balanced, the thing i didnt like was the gauges look cheap and nasty and it has no fairing....which is crap (to me anyway) the GT650r has a nice fairing and a nice set gauges so it may be fair bit better

Mattyc
6th December 2005, 18:32
I actually think there is nothing wrong with them....was it kawasaki nz bringing them in ?

The build quality seems fine, i have a kiwirider with a test between and f650 gaylord bmw, a sv650 and the GT650, the Hyosung faired quite well in the test

the only reason that i wouldnt buy one is
a. 650 is not enough cc for me, feels like riding a 250 after My 900 (well maybe not quite that gutless, but you get the drift)
b. resale is not the best due to them being so cheap to buy new
c. Id rather an inline 4, or v4, than a v twin

Krayy
6th December 2005, 18:40
I went for a test ride on the Kwaka ER6-N today (Check out review forum), and for a shade under $11k I'd spring for that over the Hyosung 650.

korowetere
6th December 2005, 20:22
Done 11,000kms on mine since July :).

Have you had any problems with in that 11,000kms?

I'm seriously looking at this model.

N4CR
6th December 2005, 20:32
I rode a gt250 and didn't like it one bit, build quality was shiet and it had some blatant issues. For example: when you turn the handlebars the wire sheathing for the headlamps/instruments etc rubs against a sharp plastic 'loop' retainer. The bike had barely done 1000kms and it had worn through the plastic loom surrounding the wire bunch.

I'm guessing they are making them a little better since them after hearing more positive thaughts about the bike. And yes they are affiliated with Kawasaki. Mt Eden don't like the gt250 as it ain't selling well. They have just made a large hardley lookalike cruiser which ain't to shabby looking if I may say.

My opinion - wait and see, could turn out to be the next 'jappers' on the block just like when the 'inferior' brit bikes got booted out :lol:

skelstar
6th December 2005, 20:32
Have you had any problems with in that 11,000kms?
I'm seriously looking at this model.
I had a problem with it doing some funny things that Hyosung have rectified by replacing the CDI unit. Apparently this hapened with every second bike. Hyobags inc seem to be quite keen to get things right. They asked the mechanics what they thought about the bike on a technical level etc. Quite proactive.

Still theres nothing wrong with being a bit nervous about an unknown brand. I have enough confidence to buy another (650R yummy) but maybe not the confidence in people wanting to buy the bike in a few years. No problem with the 250 as by the time someone buys it off me I would have done maybe 30,000kms and had not 'flicked it off' to get something better.

skelstar
6th December 2005, 20:34
...things like when you turn the handlebars the wire sheathing for the headlamps/instruments etc rubs against a sharp plastic 'loop' retainer. The bike had barely done 1000kms and it had worn through the plastic loom surrounding the wire bunch....
That IS true. I havent had any wear but it was one thing that the mechanics told Hyosung to fix.

korowetere
6th December 2005, 20:37
Good to hear the service is top-notch.

Now, if only they would bring out the GT250R over here, I think I would be sold... Anyone have any more news on this one? I read a while back they were expected in December?

skelstar
6th December 2005, 20:42
Good to hear the service is top-notch.

Now, if only they would bring out the GT250R over here, I think I would be sold... Anyone have any more news on this one? I read a while back they were expected in December?
They have one at TSS motorcycles in Lower Hutt (Wgtn). Same bits as 250GT, with the 650R farings. Just $899 more expensive (at $6899). Cant complain about that...

Zed
6th December 2005, 20:46
Can't speak from experience of owning or even riding one, but the GT650 as already mentioned is a good looking machine, however, when you get up close the inferiority of it compared to the Jap machines is evident.

I can't see myself parting with any cash over Hyosung. I'll wait until 2015 and then see if they've stepped up to the plate! :bleh:

korowetere
6th December 2005, 20:48
Well &^^% me. I'm going to Wellington next Monday for the week. I feel a visit to TSS is on the cards.

Thanks Skelstar!

robnz
6th December 2005, 20:50
talked to guy at uni who has one. He reckoned the brakes were alright but they could be better.

The_Dover
6th December 2005, 20:54
If Jesus were around now, he's ride a Hyosung. They are produced using only ethically sourced materials and no children are harmed during the making of their motamacycles.

They are good value for the coin, a little agricultural, but the power plants are good. The brakes are shite, mine pads were down to the metal after on 2000k's front and rear cos I was hard on the anchors but they throw around ok and for 6 large out of the factory??

I lost feck all on mine when I shifted it too!

sels1
6th December 2005, 20:59
I've only ridden the 650R with the fairings and an aftermarket pipe and thought it no better or worse than jap equivilents. The build quality seemed ok and they are well priced. I think the 250 would be a much nicer bike for an adult learner than a GN250.

Zed
6th December 2005, 21:07
If Jesus were around now, he's ride a Hyosung.Surely it's impossible to ride a motorcycle on water?

...The brakes are shite, mine pads were down to the metal after on 2000k's front and rear cos I was hard on the anchors but they throw around ok and for 6 large out of the factory??

I lost feck all on mine when I shifted it too!So when did you own this 250? Dover? Did you upgrade to the K5's from it?? :D

Lord Alster
6th December 2005, 21:17
Interesting comments thanks everyone, I haven 't looked closely at them to comment on build quality but the general appearance, styling of them looks ok. I to would be concerned about resale value I think.

The_Dover
6th December 2005, 21:30
Surely it's impossible to ride a motorcycle on water?

Don't you remember that pic of the dude on the MX bike a few months back??:2thumbsup

So when did you own this 250? Dover? Did you upgrade to the K5's from it?? :D
Nah, had a K5 in between them ;)