PDA

View Full Version : cop stop on Quay st - 8pm tuesday night

Mattyc
6th December 2005, 19:35
Yip , on quay st city end just before the mobil heading to misson bay theres a cop standing in the road like a target waving ppl off to the side for wof and reg checks i assume, maybe a breathtest .. didn't get stopped just a THUMBS UP and waved thru, i returned the gesture. fuck, and i was all legal too (sort of like it when they cant do anything cause yer all legals)

Anyone heading that way steer clear if your not legal, they normally set up camp for a few hours so be warned

Mattyc
6th December 2005, 19:51
what was it , breath or wof/reg ? interested to know.

They were setting up at 2:30 when I rolled through there this morning... figured it was speed checks thou.

Mattyc
6th December 2005, 20:05
2 marked cars and 2 semi marked cars (unmarked but they still stand out like the dogs balls) about 6 uniformed cops

sAsLEX
6th December 2005, 20:21
Breath...wof & rego we rarely do checkpoints on, but if we do its normally during the day.

yeah rolled through a wofrg the other day, copper went behind me then came round and gave me a "ok" sign, must of been cause it only expired a week or so ago and the semi slick front tyre had a few ks left in it!

Zapf
6th December 2005, 22:45
was a speed check this avo... laser and all.

texmo
6th December 2005, 22:47
There is often a check point on beach road, parnell end.

kro
7th December 2005, 05:30
I lived on Mercury lane just off K-Road, for 8 months before shifting to Nelson, and the cops would set up checkpoints there every 2 weeks, and the amount of pissed drivers was staggering, basically 1 in 4 on the bad days, would be over the limit. Some were taken away in handcuffs after their cars were searched, it was that bad.

I lived on Mercury lane just off K-Road, for 8 months before shifting to Nelson, and the cops would set up checkpoints there every 2 weeks, and the amount of pissed drivers was staggering, basically 1 in 4 on the bad days, would be over the limit. Some were taken away in handcuffs after their cars were searched, it was that bad.

Good on the cops man... drink driving can never be accepted, and if a car hasn't got a WOF then it's usually because it's a rustbucket piece of shit that'll end up killing someone sooner or later.

judgeshock
7th December 2005, 11:00
Good on the cops man... drink driving can never be accepted, and if a car hasn't got a WOF then it's usually because it's a rustbucket piece of shit that'll end up killing someone sooner or later.

Agreed, we all have to keep our vehicles upto scratch. :rockon:

ManDownUnder
7th December 2005, 11:14

That's a sight I've always enjoyed...

:Police:"Sorry son - you're over the limit AND nicked":Police:

:niceone:

WRT
7th December 2005, 11:21
. . . the amount of pissed drivers was staggering . . .

Yep, drunk people will do that! I'm glad to see them targeting the drunk drivers tho. While it sucks that its getting to the point that you cant have a beer or wine with dinner, its good to see the people who go over the top with it getting caught. Just wish the lesson would sink in . . .

Still, better to see them targetting drink drivers than speeders, IMO.