PDA

View Full Version : Happy birthday Jim2 (and it's a BIG one)...

Krayy
6th December 2005, 22:41
Okay, so it's 11:30pm and I'm a half hour early, but I feel obligated to start the thread since he did the same for me and we go back a ways.

Jim, I've always looked up to you, and I want to wish you the very best of love, life and happiness, mate.

And now you can start to "Grow old disgracefully", and heres the link: http://www.ulysses.org.nz/ :nya:

HAPPY 40th BIRTHDAY JIM2!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Time for a :drinknsin (well, I'll buy you one next time you're in Jafa-land anyways).

Zed
6th December 2005, 22:56
Wishing you the very best on your special day Jim. Happy birthday to you. :2thumbsup

Now, pleeease tell us why you're selling your bikes?? :sherlock:

inlinefour
6th December 2005, 22:57
Your secret is safe with me...:yes:

John
6th December 2005, 23:00
Jim, I will never forget that night we had together... it changed me.

Love ya! (now go buy that new bike today!)

SPORK
6th December 2005, 23:25
Happy Birthday, ya wee lad!

texmo
7th December 2005, 00:04
Happy Birthday, ya wee lad!
what he said:2thumbsup

Biff
7th December 2005, 00:39
Happy Biffday Jimbo - from all the way over here.

Do you think you'll mellow with age?

Highlander
7th December 2005, 00:44
Happy Birthday Jim2.

Take the day off and go for a ride. :scooter: :2thumbsup :ride:

mstriumph
7th December 2005, 01:00
nahhhhhhhhhh - take the WEEK off and go for a RIDE!!!

have a great one, oh great one! :first:

scumdog
7th December 2005, 01:18
Jim2, I'm shattered, I always thought you were equal to me age-wise (not 12+ years younger!!:bleh: )

40? - pish-tosh, it's nothing, wait 'til 50!! :yes:

Just kidding, glad you got there, keep the sage utterings coming on KB and Happy Birthday!!

LB
7th December 2005, 02:55
Happy birthday Jim2 - hope you have a great day. Congrats on the milestone b/day - I wish you all the best.

dangerous
7th December 2005, 05:39
And now you can start to "Grow old disgracefully", and heres the link: http://www.ulysses.org.nz/ :nya:

HAPPY 40th BIRTHDAY JIM2!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

LOL.... less than 2yrs and you will be alowed in that eleit riders club aswell :killingme

Jim.... as all have said HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Kwaka-Kid
7th December 2005, 05:48
yeah happy birthday jim2! :)
Enjoy it

Str8 Jacket
7th December 2005, 05:58
Happy Birthday Jim!! Well done on reaching a milestone, I hope that you have a great day you definately deserve it! :banana:

MrMelon
7th December 2005, 06:23
Happy birthday!

The zimmer frame's in the mail

DemonWolf
7th December 2005, 06:44
Happy Birthday.. have a great one! =)

merv
7th December 2005, 07:05
Happy Birthday Jim2 hope its a good one. When you going to tell us what's happening in the bike department?

Uncle B
7th December 2005, 07:06
Happy Birthday Jim
Sneaks up on you faster than you think....have a great day.

skelstar
7th December 2005, 07:20
Dude,
Happy Birthday...hope to see you out on the road soon....maybe on the TRTNR or Coast2Coast.
Have an awesome day.

Badcat
7th December 2005, 07:25
happy birthday mate.
hope it's all good for you..

Ken

Hitcher
7th December 2005, 07:32
Happy birthday Jim. From the both of us. Enjoy the landmark...

spudchucka
7th December 2005, 07:34
Enjoy your day.

Jonty
7th December 2005, 07:37
hey Jim have a great day

Colapop
7th December 2005, 07:41
40!! It's time to get norty. Have a cracker day Jimbo. (and a few more besides)

Yokai
7th December 2005, 07:43
yeah Jim - Have a great day - now that you are 40 and all grown up do we have to call you James?

White trash
7th December 2005, 07:45
Happy birthday round boy.

We'll catch up next time I'm down.

Coyote
7th December 2005, 07:50
Happy Birthday ya old bastard :bleh:
Nah, just joshin ya, just joshin

Firefight
7th December 2005, 09:32
hey Jim, all the best, hope you have a great day.

F/F

James Deuce
7th December 2005, 09:42
Thank you very much everyone.

Thanks for the gift too Krayy, very thoughtful, and nicely targeted.

I'd like to share the Rhyme that was on one of the Cards I received yesterday - see if you can guess who it was that sent it to me:

"Mary had a little lamb
And tied it to a pylon
10,000 volts went up its bum
And turned its wool to nylon."

I laughed.

On the bike front, I'm dropping to one so I've had to think hard on how I can get one bike that will do scratching, touring, and commuting. I'm going to get a Kawasaki Z750S (in that lovely Tangerine pearl colour, or shiny orange for pillocks), and I've been talking to Shaun Harris about suspension mods, so it will be getting an Ohlins rear shock, Traxxion constant rate fork springs and some Ohlins fork oil.

The 750 has almost the same HP as the R6, 20% more torque, and the riding position of the CB400, which I have found an absolute joy to ride. Ego and body are finally in line, so to speak. The only thing about the 750 is that I don't like is the crap suspension, and as I said above, there is a plan to sort that.

I need to sell my current bikes though to begin the process, so it will take some time I guess.

Thanks again for the birthday wishes folks.

phoenixgtr
7th December 2005, 09:47
Happy Birthday Jim. Have an awesome day

ManDownUnder
7th December 2005, 09:56
HAppy Birthday Mate.

Have a good one... hell - have two!

sels1
7th December 2005, 09:58
The big four - oh, eh Jim? Have a good one from both of us.

vifferman
7th December 2005, 09:59
Hiya Jim, and Hoppity Bingder.
I was going to hassle you for being an Old Bastidge, but then I realised (by looking in your profile) that you're just a Young Nipper.

Anywayz, I hope it's a goodun. Don't get too pissed tonight, unless of course you have copious sick leave, then it's OK. SHould I pour you a single malt, or just drink it myself? :spudwhat:
And waht's all this nonsense about a New Bike(TM)? I thought you'd only just got the ArseSex run in, and that it was the Bee'sBendingBits? You're turning into a BikeWhore.:nono:

Go for it. :niceone:

oldrider
7th December 2005, 10:37
Hey man your just over halfway!! Three score and Ten (70yrs) thats the male quota. :eyepoke: Cheers John.

Grahameeboy
7th December 2005, 10:44
Happy Birthday Jim and catch up when you are up here with Alex.......you know my number.

2_SL0
7th December 2005, 11:28
Happy Birthday Jim2.:banana:

manuboy
7th December 2005, 11:34
Hiya Jim, and Hoppity Bingder.
I was going to hassle you for being an Old Bastidge, but then I realised (by looking in your profile) that you're just a Young Nipper.

Anywayz, I hope it's a goodun. Don't get too pissed tonight, unless of course you have copious sick leave, then it's OK. SHould I pour you a single malt, or just drink it myself? :spudwhat:
And waht's all this nonsense about a New Bike(TM)? I thought you'd only just got the ArseSex run in, and that it was the Bee'sBendingBits? You're turning into a BikeWhore.:nono:

Go for it. :niceone:

After that whatever i say would be a bit of a letdown.

Congrats. Enjoy your eeeeveink!

Skunk
7th December 2005, 12:07
Happy Birthday Jim.

I always took you for someone older... :lol:

Have a good one.

Sniper
7th December 2005, 12:10
Happy birthday you old bugger. Have a happy day and look after yaself

madboy
7th December 2005, 12:55
Jim, I've always looked up to you, You look up to him? How the hell do you fit on a full-sized bike?

Happy b'day old boy, we'll save a spot at the back of the TRTNR for ya when the new machine arrives.

Coyote
7th December 2005, 13:09
Good choice on the Z750S, nice bike. I prefur the non-S model, the headlamp looks cooler

vifferman
7th December 2005, 13:11
Three score and Ten (70yrs) thats the male quota. :eyepoke:
What a horrible thought.

That's wrecked my day.:pinch:

MoFunthanmost
7th December 2005, 13:12
:banana: Happy Birthday Jim!

Marmoot
7th December 2005, 13:30
*phew*....

for a second 2 weeks ago I thought I was catching up, but now it seems you're pulling away from me again. :blip:

Happy B'day Old-Boy. Hope you have much better and better years coming up

bugjuice
7th December 2005, 13:32
hippy burfday Jim!! :hbd:
they say it begins now, so fuknose what you've been up to for the last few years..

justsomeguy
7th December 2005, 13:40
Ah - so you can now no longer be tried as a minor huh??:killingme

Happy birthday matey :2thumbsup

MacD
7th December 2005, 13:44
Happy Birthday Jim2! :drinkup:

Keystone19
7th December 2005, 14:40
Happy Birthday Jim!!

Motoracer
7th December 2005, 15:41
Happy birthday mate!! :banana:

F5 Dave
7th December 2005, 16:33
Cheers dude, just noticed this (must actually be working today), have a good one.

gunnyrob
7th December 2005, 19:38
Hiya Jim, Say gudday to Heather for me. Am starting to get my bike gear sorted again, strangely enough, all my leathers don't fit any more! Hard case that we're all klicking over the big 40 eh?!

Macktheknife
7th December 2005, 20:02
Happy birthday old chap! join the club, you are now officially an old fart! All the best.

Scorpygirl
7th December 2005, 20:04
Happy Birthday Jim2 and welcome to the roaring 40s!!! :2thumbsup

mangell6
7th December 2005, 20:12
Well done Jim, sir.

Now for that package you wanted . . . .

RiderInBlack
8th December 2005, 07:35
Belated HBD Jim. Only 40. Way too young for Use-less-lees. Rock-on and party hard dude (quick, before they drag you back to the Resthome):devil2:

et al
9th December 2005, 21:24
Belated Happy Birthday Jim - I only just found out about this, guess you had a shout and forgot to invite me? :angry: Anyway, hope you enjoyed your big day and no big deal - I seem to remember that I used to be 40 when I was your age!
PS: You could start acting your age and think about making a BMW your next bike. :lol:

James Deuce
9th December 2005, 21:30
PS: You could start acting your age and think about making a BMW your next bike. :lol:

Oddly enough:

http://bmwhp.org/IMG/INT/NEWS/F800S3.jpg

Quite tempting.

et al
9th December 2005, 21:40
Yeah - that is not too foul, wonder what true BMW officianados make of these new engine configs?

James Deuce
9th December 2005, 22:24
I bought half a dozen Sante bars for the shout. :) You didn't miss much.

I reckon the new engines show that BMW know that the flat air-cooled twin isn't going to make it through the Euro-5 emissions and noise tests. Shame really.

James Deuce
9th December 2005, 22:26
Hiya Jim, Say gudday to Heather for me. Am starting to get my bike gear sorted again, strangely enough, all my leathers don't fit any more! Hard case that we're all klicking over the big 40 eh?!

Blimey who let you on!! :)

Can't wait 'til you've got a bike again mate. It's like falling of a horse. Honest.

Can't say falling off a bike on here, they get grumpy.

Let us know when you've managed to cripple a Sea Sprite permanently, eh? :)

yungatart
10th December 2005, 14:19
Hey Jim, sorry I missed your burfday-hope it was a good one-I've been away from the computer resting my war wounds

Velox
11th December 2005, 23:05
Happy birthday lad! (I missed this thread when it started). Congrats for the old over-the-hill feat and hope you had a great day!

On another note - sad to hear the R6 is going! Sounds like a good enough reason though.