PDA

View Full Version : Cold Duck Rally

Pickle
3rd March 2004, 19:38
Does anyone know when this rally is on this year, normally around 10th May.
There will be a group of us going if others are interested. This is usually a good rally and worth going to.
And for those of you who are going to ask where is it held? its outside of Waipawa in Hawkes Bay. :beer: :scooter:

James Deuce
3rd March 2004, 19:50
And for those of you who are going to ask where is it held? its outside of Waipawa in Hawkes Bay. :beer: :scooter:

So there might be a vestige of heat still left????

Old bones don't do cold very well any more :)

Pickle
3rd March 2004, 19:55
Just found it on an unrelated site, its on from Fri 7th to Sun 9th May.

Just for you Jim the Bon fire is pretty good and if that dont work then there is always a well stocked bar :cool: :thud:

LB
4th March 2004, 05:10
umm....doesn't this involve camping in a tent? Sorry, I'll be washing my hair.

Pickle
13th April 2004, 20:20
OK is anyone else going to this rally :scooter:
If so let me know so we can catch up, ride up whatever

White trash
14th April 2004, 13:24
Doug. Ring Wellington motorcycles, ask for Steve in parts.

He and a buch of guys are all riding up, I'm sure he wouldn't mind an extra.

Hitcher
14th April 2004, 17:35
umm....doesn't this involve camping in a tent? Sorry, I'll be washing my hair.

Yeah, I think my hair will be in need of a wash about that weekend in May too...

Ms Piggy
14th April 2004, 17:44
Why do these rally's always seem to be on when I'm at Uni having to be a good little student :argh:

Does anyone know if there are any rally's between 16th June and the 11th of July? :)

Sorry a little bit :Offtopic:

What?
14th April 2004, 19:13
...its on from Fri 7th to Sun 9th May.
Coool! That's the week AFTER opening of the pheasant season.
Hmmmmmmmm...

merv
14th April 2004, 19:18
Yeah, I think my hair will be in need of a wash about that weekend in May too...

What, you'll wash your hair this year whether it needs it or not?

... but I'm with you and Lynda on this, at our age we don't do tents.

Motel with queensize bed and spa bath is OK though.

Hitcher
15th April 2004, 08:42
Motel with queensize bed and spa bath is OK though.

Now you're talking! Besides, in a tent, there's nowhere for Mrs H to plug in her hair-dryer...

vmx1200nz
30th April 2004, 21:59
7am leave on friday from the shore.
is justy about? someone should help him, he only has a scooter, but his nads are...... :whocares:

LB
14th May 2004, 05:37
I've been waiting with bated breath to hear horror stories of rain and wind lashing the tents, sodden ground, freezing temperatures, no power sockets for the electric blankets, tripping over tent ropes going to the loo etc etc etc.

But no-one has posted anything about the rally?

How did it go? Spoke briefly to a couple of people at Masterton on Sunday afternoon who said they'd enjoyed it.

I understand only one guy entered the "Wet Jocks" competition.

pete376403
14th May 2004, 08:39
Weather was great. Encountered a teeny bit of rain around Dannevirke on the way up on Saturday - that was as good a reason as any to stop for a late lunch/early dinner until the drizzle stopped. Didn't see a single cop until I got to Waipawa where there was one parked on the side of the road (no occupant). Got to rally site, met up with friends, setup camp, wandered around looking at bikes. Watched the barrel races, beer can races, and so on. I wasn't a prepaid so while the others were lining up for meal, bought beer and knocked them off in the main tent. Watched the horizontal bungee, went back into the tent & drank more beer. A band (who were pretty bloody good) started up and tried to kill off whats left of my hearing.
Continued drinking beer. Sometime later the stripper came out. She wasn't that attractive, so left the tent and wandered around the drum fires, talking to a few guys. Eventually ended up back at my tent, crashed for the night.
It may have rained a little during the night, tent was damp in the morning. Packed up, left for home, brekky at Dannevirke, home by 12:30. Weather on the way back lovely except for a hint of drizzle near Pahiatua.

White trash
14th May 2004, 08:59
I heard a rumour that some yahoo on an Alstare rep GSXR600 got the good burnout going at about 2am.

Someone must know who this legend was?

LB
15th May 2004, 05:54
Thanks Pete

Robbo
15th May 2004, 07:58
"Cold Duck Rally"

What a great weekend. Rode down on Friday, two up and very overloaded with gear, tent, sleeping bags etc. etc. Good ride though, a little drissle coming over the hills and very high winds through the back of Napier which gave a few interesting moments. Arrived on site around 3pm and set up camp.
This event is a credit to the Waipawa MC Club, great venue and facilities. Good turnout of motorcyclists from all walks of life on all types of bikes, trikes etc. Great atmosphere, food, drinks and live bands.
Thunder Ride through Waipawa on Saturday followed by a Poker Run around the District then back to the site for another nite of partying.
Met some great people and did'nt encounter any bad attitudes.
I will be back again next year and can recommend it to anyone thinking of giving it a go if they have'nt been to a Rally like this before.
Only change for me will be the bed rolls, (bloody uncomfortable) and these will be replaced by an air mattress or a lot more bourbon before bedtime.
Good ride home again on Sunday with just a little light rain.

See You there next year.

Cheers

Robbo :niceone: