PDA

View Full Version : Where do I buy a new rectifier?

Vegan
7th December 2005, 10:38
?where? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Colapop
7th December 2005, 10:41
A rectal what??!!???

vifferman
7th December 2005, 10:43
You can buy a new wReck-you-later/Rectumfrier from Mt Eden Motorcycles.

Like I told you.

Or you can go somewhere else, and they can get you one from Eurobike.
Or you can go to AMPS or ThatOtherShopINeverMention, and get a genuine Honda one, actually made by Shindengen, for more than the Shindengen one Mt Eden M/C will sell you.

OR you can go to a wrecker, and buy a Kawasaki/Suzuki/Yamaha/Honda one.

Eurodave
7th December 2005, 10:44
Oh, you want a rectum fryer? just ask The Dover:lol:

FROSTY
7th December 2005, 10:45
Give alex at norwest a yeodle--he used a yamaha reg/rec unit on my viffer700 and it worked a treat---4168932

vifferman
7th December 2005, 10:48
Give alex at norwest a yeodle--he used a yamaha reg/rec unit on my viffer700 and it worked a treat---4168932
True.
They're just BlackVoodooMagic; it's not like they're RocketScience or anything.
All they do is convert AlternativeCuntiness into DomesticComfort and heat. And Positive Mojo.

judgeshock
7th December 2005, 10:50
Peaches & Cream:killingme

Eurodave
7th December 2005, 10:51
True.
They're just BlackVoodooMagic; it's not like they're RocketScience or anything.
All they do is convert AlternativeCuntiness into DomesticComfort and heat. And Positive Mojo.

God I love it when you talk dirty!

vifferman
7th December 2005, 10:52
Peaches & Cream:killingme
You can laugh.

Go on - laugh!!
VTRs are worse for eating those Wreck-u-laterer/Rectumfriers than VFRs are. :nya:

vifferman
7th December 2005, 10:53
God I love it when you talk dirty!
:spudwhat:

You accusing me of talking shit?

Quite right, quite right.:doh:

Eurodave
7th December 2005, 10:55
A few years ago I had a Ducati Paso [remember them, the ones with the Dellorto downdraught car carb] parked in the garage being stored for a mate.
Anyway he finally came over to pick it up, it wouldnt start ,so we whipped the seat off & there was the reg/rect smoking it up before our very eyes!!! BLOODY ITALIAN ELECTRICS!!!

vifferman
7th December 2005, 10:58
A few years ago I had a Ducati Paso [remember them, the ones with the Dellorto downdraught car carb] parked in the garage being stored for a mate.
Anyway he finally came over to pick it up, it wouldnt start ,so we whipped the seat off & there was the reg/rect smoking it up before our very eyes!!! BLOODY ITALIAN ELECTRICS!!!
The Shindengen R/R/R/R I fitted to my VFR750, and the R/R/R/R/r/r/r/b I fitted to the VTR1000 are apparently (so they say, but they could be lying) the same ones for sticking in Ducatis.
I suspect that nearly all bikes have dodgy R/Rs, apart from later model Hondas, and those Yamahas with proper alternators.

TLDV8
7th December 2005, 11:05
?where? ? ? ? ? ? ?

You could try Henry at Takanini Wreckers,he has a couple of NC30/35's..so there may be the option of new or used. (fwiw)

FROSTY
7th December 2005, 11:06
AHA--finally--vifferman says summat good about the mighty yamahaha

Vegan
7th December 2005, 11:50
I just wanted one which will do the job better than the Honda one on there atm.

bungbung
7th December 2005, 11:58
You can laugh.

Go on - laugh!!
VTRs are worse for eating those Wreck-u-laterer/Rectumfriers than VFRs are. :nya:

I replaced the RR in my VTR with the jobby from an '02 GSXR600/750. Big munty heat sink fins.

merv
7th December 2005, 17:41
If you have no luck with the wreckers try Malcolm Kirkby at Econohonda http://www.econohonda.co.nz/

skidMark
7th December 2005, 18:10
whats wrong with your standard honda one :S they either go or they don't they can't go crap...(unless they are rubbish stock ones) maybe something wrong with your charging...care to explain a little more?

if you have a volt meter check how many volts maximum are coming out when you are revving it it shouldnt go over 14.8 but should be at 14.8 at reasonably low revs you shouldnt need to rev the crap out of it lol

tell us how that goes

Cheers: MA

Vegan
7th December 2005, 18:20
Got a new battery today. I plug it in and press start - it goes click. Not click click click your battery's flat...just click and then i have to disconnect the battery and reconnect before it goes again....so at the moment it is not starting - so fuck it I'm going to get a shop to take a look at it.

skidMark
7th December 2005, 18:25
hang onnnn.....

your rectifier is fuc**d

where in auckland are you i may be able to bring one of my spare ones over for you is it one of the four pin square block connectors???
..;;
|--|
|--|

like that ^^^ ;;= where the clip thingy is ..... - = a pin ...... | sides of plug ...(meant to be one long side)

skidMark
7th December 2005, 18:36
just outta interest check your fuse isnt only just clippid in or has come lose and isnt sitting properly or worse blown mind you that wouldnt explain why you still get a click i mean it's a brand new battery try your fuse...but does horn and all that work ...or is it just when u try and start it that it goes funny?

skidMark
7th December 2005, 18:49
tick tock aint got all night my tail light bulb won't go atm for some reason it's a race against the earths rotation lol

Vegan
7th December 2005, 19:01
lol.....ok well basically the rectifier is in there and I cant pull it out - should it detach fairly easily?
hmmm - yeah all the electrics work when i plug it in etc - it's just when i press start that the click goes and all shuts down....

Vegan
7th December 2005, 20:27
Mark seems to be a legend - he came over and helped isolate (and by help I mean HE did it) the problem - which hopefully was just a loose connection!. So tmorrow I should know if i just had a loose connection or if something more sinister is is the cause.
CHEERS MARK:2thumbsup

skidMark
7th December 2005, 20:31
no worries tell me how it goes it should be fine now though the only problem was that plug shouldnt have stuffed the regulator looking at the wiring the plug was the cause

(plug that joined the handlebar switch with kill switch and start button was almost unplugged)

tricky one but hope all goes well mate :2thumbsup