PDA

View Full Version : Wasp

Redstar
3rd March 2004, 20:50
I have ben laid low by a wasp! it went into my helmet and under my balaclava
then did procede to sting me about six time before I stopped and squate it.
I was sort of OK but next day swelled up like a Pig.
I'll post a picture soon but I was really ugly(a relative statement)
I was advised that a wasp can sting up to 800 times before it expires its venom? bit like me and (never mind)
anyway if you get stung stop and kill it a bee will do one but a wasp..is a real killer.Thank God I had good Gogs under my visor. :angry:

Two Smoker
3rd March 2004, 20:55
Gutted about the stings. That happened to me the other day on Tamiki Drive, luckily i stopped in time ripped my helmet of and chucked the wasp out in time before it stung me:eek5: .

Has anyone else had similar stories to what happened to Redstar????

Redstar can u get your helmet on still???:D

Kickaha
3rd March 2004, 21:23
My brother got one in his helmet and got stung on his cheek,stopped in Blenheim because he was starting to have a bit of a reaction.

Drop your pants says the nurse and shoves a needle in his bum,glad it was him that got stung.

White trash
4th March 2004, 06:33
Oh I dont know? What did the nurse look like? :bleh:

ching_ching
4th March 2004, 07:25
Have been through a small swarm of bees that must've been close to those hives that you find in the bush on the side of the road sometimes. Luckily none got into the helmet but did a bit of cleaning when I got home. Looked like someone smeared honey on my helmet and visor.

ching

James Deuce
4th March 2004, 07:51
Had one that looked like it was crawling on the outside of my visor whilst travelling along the Himitangi straights. I was slightly upset to realise that if its walking around like that its on the inside.

I was just thinking about panicking when it jumped off the visor onto my lip.

I bit the f__ker in half.

No sting and a strangely pleasant acrid taste.

Wenier
4th March 2004, 10:05
lol ill remember they taste good for when it happens to me :D

Jackrat
4th March 2004, 11:28
Yeah,I got stung by a wasp one time,it got down the back of my shirt an stung me in a line down my spine.I didn,t swell up but I had a line of blood blisters down my back and crashed into the road side ditch.
Another time I got stung on the ear by a bee,I grabbed him an chucked him away,I then tryed to carry on riding but had to stop after only a short time,to have a good swear an give me ear a good rub.Riding with an open face Iv'e found I can normaly handle a bee in the moosh up to about 120Km
but any more than that and they really hurt.Kind of like a natural speed govenor.In my emergeny kit I carry when I go bush I carry a few antihistimne tablets,That wouldn't go a miss for bikers that are wasp sensitive I reckon.
just keep em' in your tool kit. :doctor:

mangell6
4th March 2004, 17:54
I've had three events with wasps and I am allergic to them as well.

The first was back in the seventies when it was cool to have sideburns, got stung between the sidburn and the ear, swelled up like you wouldn't believe.

Second was north og Taupo heading west at a great rate of knots and a wasp was sucked up into my helmet and started walking around on top of the padding by the visor. I stopped so fast that my mate on a Daytona nearly rear ended me at 80+. :eek5:

The latest was last year heading to CastlePoint came over a hill and noticed a funny 'cloud' got closer and realised that it was a swarm of bees about four metres high!! As 'luck' would have it the swam moved down toward the road as I ducked to go through it. Not much fun at all, all covered in yellow, dead, half dead and stunned bees all over me and the bike.

My Uncle was a Policeman in the seventies and had to tail a motorcycle gang (real band dudes) around the south island and he reckons that he only felt sorry for them once when they went through a swarm on the west coast and the riders had half and full face helmets with NO visors! He said they were taking there helmets off before they had stopped.

MIke

Two Smoker
4th March 2004, 18:18
Man theres some mean stories there....... i hope i don't get stung the next time it happens (im sure there will b a next time lol)

DEATH_INC.
4th March 2004, 18:48
I been through a swarm too,no stings either.
Had a wasp attack in the S/I a few years back.....the little f****r got under my helmet strap and stung me 1/2 dozen times.Made my throat swell up heaps,and I had to ride back home to Jafaland with my helmet strap loose or I couldn't breath....