PDA

View Full Version : New Suzook dealer.

Lou Girardin
4th March 2004, 05:44
You all probably know already, but Haldanes have dropped Yamaha and taken on Suzuki. Can't say I blame them, it sounds like Yamaha Aust was not very interested in our market. What with Fazer thou's being up to $6000 more than a Bandit. I guess that only leaves one Yamaha dealer in Auck.
Lou

erik
4th March 2004, 06:40
2 Yamaha dealers, Henderson Motorcycles and Red Baron, I think.

moko
4th March 2004, 08:14
What with Fazer thou's being up to $6000 more than a Bandit.

That`s steep,price difference here is equivalent of $3900,still a lot but Yamaha is reckoned to be a better machine ,still considered expensive here though.Yamaha cut the price by quite a lot this year,new Fazer 600 is expensive as well while Suzuki are cutting prices on all their top-selling bikes.

Motu
4th March 2004, 09:29
That's a pity,when I want Yamaha parts I prefer to deal with Haldanes,a small and personal company who are prepard to spend the time looking for silly things and can use their imagination - something lacking in ''the other'' Yamaha dealer,they will duck and dive and do anything other than find a part.They have no ''too hard'' box - no time wasters please.

About 5 yrs ago when doing the rings on my XS1 the piston rings were unavailable,even from Haldanes - but they rung back later and said they found some in the old stock in a back room and let me have them for about half list price.I wouldn't say they are above average,just that others are below average.

Hitcher
4th March 2004, 10:09
IMHO Suzuki is at risk of buggering the new bike market in New Zealand by its aggressive discounting tactics. This is a very short-term view. They potentially undermine themselves because new Suzuki buyers get pissed off when their pride and joy is undercut either by lower priced new models or higher speced same models; and other manufacturers find they can't compete and either exit New Zealand or significantly limit their model offerings. And I hope that Suzuki NZ doesn't want every new bike sold in New Zealand to be a Suzuki??

Motu
4th March 2004, 11:07
Well,they don't mind if a few of them are Kawasaki's.

Lou Girardin
4th March 2004, 11:45
IMHO Suzuki is at risk of buggering the new bike market in New Zealand by its aggressive discounting tactics. This is a very short-term view. They potentially undermine themselves because new Suzuki buyers get pissed off when their pride and joy is undercut either by lower priced new models or higher speced same models; and other manufacturers find they can't compete and either exit New Zealand or significantly limit their model offerings. And I hope that Suzuki NZ doesn't want every new bike sold in New Zealand to be a Suzuki??

True, but I'd wait for the Summer fest to buy anyway. And if the others want to compete, like Honda, it can only be good for us.
Lou

Coldkiwi
4th March 2004, 11:48
. And I hope that Suzuki NZ doesn't want every new bike sold in New Zealand to be a Suzuki??

umm.. why would that bother them?? its every companies dream to have a monopoly on their market. the only way it won't happen is if their bikes turn out to be significantly worse than their more expensive competitors. And at the moment, their sports bikes at least are right up there in go but right down there on dough!

White trash
4th March 2004, 12:36

I beg to differ.

Had a look at the value of a '98 RF900? They were only 10K brand new.

You want real kick to the teath material, ask any of the lucky few who bought an SP1 when they were first released and find out what they think of Honda. nice!

duckman
4th March 2004, 13:00
They only changed because I sold my Ducati and bought a TL1000R!! :eek:

mangell6
4th March 2004, 21:22
Suzuki have a made a practice of using NZ as a 'dumping ground' for North American models over the last few years. Know several people who have had "Brand new Suzukis bikes" fail warrants due to the headlight dipping the wrong way!!

So will you buy a Suzaki or Kawasuki in the future?

Timber020
4th March 2004, 22:34
Buying new is so completely out of the question for me but I would stick to suzukis. I am kicking myself for not buying an rf900 when they were at 9995, Hell they are STILL selling for that at times second hand. And they say harleys hold there value. (the alternative sales as boat anchors help the hogs)

Lou Girardin
5th March 2004, 05:43

In a heartbeat, the importers have to ensure it's NZ legal. So probs like that are on them.
Lou

White trash
5th March 2004, 06:40
Suzuki have a made a practice of using NZ as a 'dumping ground' for North American models over the last few years. Know several people who have had "Brand new Suzukis bikes" fail warrants due to the headlight dipping the wrong way!!

All new Suzuki motorcycles have a neautral dip head light now.

I'd buy a Suzuki over any other manufacturer simply for the parts back up and pricing. Suzuki NZ is a subsidary of Suzuki Japan and I can't see them leaving NZ any time soon.

Grumpy
5th March 2004, 09:11
Buying new is so completely out of the question for me but I would stick to suzukis. I am kicking myself for not buying an rf900 when they were at 9995, Hell they are STILL selling for that at times second hand. And they say harleys hold there value. (the alternative sales as boat anchors help the hogs)
The RF's would have to be the exception.I was lucky enough to get one of those RF's and got a good trade in on it but Suzuki have an annoying habit discounting their bikes when they have a new model coming out. Not good if you are wanting to sell.
I bought my TLS for 18k and a few months later they discounted them to 16k new. The same has happened to my 1400. 18k new, I paid 16k new, feeling pleased with myself for getting a good deal, then summerfeast comes out and they are 15K :angry:
You'd think I'd learn eh :o
Still, at this stage, I don't think I'd buy any other brand.

merv
5th March 2004, 20:16
All new Suzuki motorcycles have a neautral dip head light now.

The warrant man is not meant to be too happy about that - lights are meant to have the top of the beam cut off and angled towards the left. Motu can probably give us the details but if they are neutral I suspect that doesn't meet NZ standards.