PDA

View Full Version : ONE SERIOUS BIKE

SILVER SUZI
4th March 2004, 11:50
Check out the following site, feel free to comment.
WWW.dodgetomahawk.com

Personally :rockon: "I WANT ONE"

riffer
4th March 2004, 12:41
Hmmmmm. Four wheels. Doesn't really qualify as a motorcycle does it.

Personally - I think I'll file this one under "ridiculous american cars" :msn-wink:

Hitcher
4th March 2004, 12:46
Words fail me (well, almost)... It must be fun to corner on, particularly through twisties -- there would be a big flat spot between right and left turns (when both wheels were on the ground) that would make it very snatchy on the steering. It would also be fun to pick up if you dropped it!

White trash
4th March 2004, 13:02
It actually leans with both pairs of wheels in contact with the ground at all times.

The only time it was riden, the leaning mechanism was locked. Then the test rider dropped it on its side doing a U turn at 5kph.

I'd still have one simply for what it is. :eek:

James Deuce
4th March 2004, 13:23
I think Kevin Cameron calculated it's fuel tank range at 23 miles.

I can see it now. Home-----> Upper Hutt Caltex -----> Kaitoke Gardens (wait for support crew to turn up with gas)----->Featherston Mobil-----> Martinborough(beg someone to open a gas station)---> etc, etc, etc

Motoracer
4th March 2004, 13:43
I'd love to see some wheelies, stoppies and knee scrapin action going on with that bike!

Motu
4th March 2004, 13:59
Finally! a bike worthy of my talents,every single bike I ridden - and I've ridden every bike made,even those not thought of yet - has been under powered and lacking in handling...there is just not enough grip on two wheels to hold up to my aggressive approach.The Viper V10 goes a long way to satisfy my hunger for power,although I find them lacking somewhat in top end...the 4 wheels should be able to give enough grip to get corner speeds up to where I want to be.I find out tomorrow whether my generous offer has been accepted.

SILVER SUZI
4th March 2004, 14:01
Wheelies it may do. Stoppies and knee scraping I think may require some digital assistance.
When I saw it I could't believe someone actually made it! Typical yanks.
But I thought you all might enjoy seeing something different.

Ciao

Wenier
4th March 2004, 14:56
personally i think thats the most ridiculous hunk of S#$T i have ever seen in my life and yes typical F#$$%N yanks wouldnt no a piece of S#$T if it hit them in the face.

No offence to any yanks reading this. (U no its true thou) :)

k14
4th March 2004, 16:23
personally i think thats the most ridiculous hunk of S#$T i have ever seen in my life and yes typical F#$$%N yanks wouldnt no a piece of S#$T if it hit them in the face.

Totally agree with you there.

It isnt even a motorcycle, it has 4 wheels!!!!! :argh:

Coldkiwi
4th March 2004, 16:23

that pretty much echoes all the bike mag reviews I saw on this particular mechanical travesty. it doesn't do anything any other hypertourer bike can't already do... except cost far too much and make the rider look stupid without even needing to drop the bike

riffer
4th March 2004, 16:44
that pretty much echoes all the bike mag reviews I saw on this particular mechanical travesty. it doesn't do anything any other hypertourer bike can't already do... except cost far too much and make the rider look stupid without even needing to drop the bike
And I recall that the price was something astronomical too.

Better off spending that money on a new GSXR1000, a Ducati 999, and throw in an R1 and Brutale.

and still have money left over for fully comp insurance on all and petrol for a year!

Wonko
4th March 2004, 19:35
I wouldn't mind taking it for a blat along the north western, but I wouldnt ride it around town, or take it through to many twisties. I don't think it would tip over in a courner, but it dosen't look likt you could throw it around at all

Timber020
4th March 2004, 22:40
They have proved it once again, america couldnt design and build a decent bike, only dream up pretty ones. And to think how much money they spent to get it this far? I think you could get judge dredd to design something simular.

pete376403
5th March 2004, 19:58
Nothing new under the sun - Brough Superior Golden Dream had paired wheels and a car engine back in 1937. Was intended to be a side car hauler, hence no need to lean.
http://www.classicbikes.netfirms.com/brough_superior.htm