PDA

View Full Version : Bikers to the Rescue

mangell6
4th March 2004, 16:46
Travelling home tonight coming past Ngaraunga Gorge noticed NO TRAFFIC in the South Bound lane of SH2. Most unusual and started looking for the 'accident'.

UP ahead I see two bikes parked on the side of the road and to there right a bunch of vehicles. A car had skidded from the left lane to the right hitting the concrete barrier, looks like it might have been sideswipped looking at the skid marks.

But the Ride on the ST1100 was hurrying the traffic through trying to keep people moving and the army dude on the FJ1200 (I think) was cleaning things as he walked back to the crashed vehicle. There were other vehiclesbut the drivers were not to be seen so must have been assisting the others. No HP either, unless it was a mufti.

Mike

James Deuce
4th March 2004, 17:42
HP x 6, Ambulance (which wasn't in a hurry leaving - very bad sign), 2 fire tenders, traffic blocked still when Iwent past about the time mangell posted this. Bad scene.

2 Bikers leaving as I went past. No obvious thanks from the 12 year old HP officers.

Moral of the story? - don't stop to help HP officers in trouble.

mangell6
4th March 2004, 17:57
Ambulance would have been there first, saw it go past followed a minute later by a HP coming through traffic at Melling.