PDA

View Full Version : What do you pay$$$???

DJ DOOWOP
9th December 2005, 10:06
Wassup!~~
I used Coleman Suzuki a few times, they do an alright job but a bit pricy and distant for me. Any good shops on the shore? Those ones on Barry's Point road any good?
What do you pay for a regular service?

What does it include?
Every 6 months? 3 months?
- By the way to save cost what sort of maintenance you carry out by yourself??

Much appreciated:stupid: :banana:

by the way, Font changed....happy now?

Devil
9th December 2005, 10:21
Go talk to Spectrum on the corner of Des Swann drive and Barry's Pt rd. Not too expensive and I've had nothing but excellent service from them.

Greg has helped out plenty of times showing me how to do bits of maintenance so I can do it myself. You should be able to do your own oil/filter after a brief lesson.

Bartman10
9th December 2005, 10:22
Wassup!~~
I used Coleman Suzuki a few times, they do an alright job but a bit pricy and distant for me. Any good shops on the shore? Those ones on Barry's Point road any good?
What do you pay for a regular service? What does it include?
Every 6 months? 3 months?
- By the way to save cost what sort of maintenance you carry out by yourself??

Much appreciated:stupid: :banana:

Is your bike still under warranty? If so get it serviced at a Suzuki dealer or you will void the warranty.

If it's not under warranty anymore you should be able to do most things yourself. Oil and filter is piece of cake, so is bleeding the brakes, changing brake pads, changing wheel bearings, fitting a new fuel filter and fitting a new chain and sprokets.

But, as always use, the right tools for the job, observe correct torque settings and find yourself a garage or workshop to work in if you don't have one.

Good luck

MOTOXXX
9th December 2005, 10:25
dude that font is just nasty

clint640
9th December 2005, 11:30
I paid about $200 to get the KTM serviced - oil change, valve check & look over, when it was under warranty & I had to. Now I do it myself. Your library will have books on basic bike maintenance.

BTW you should service your bike on a distance - eg 5000km basis rather than just every X months.

Cheers
Clint

JohnBoy
9th December 2005, 11:38
last service i had on my suzuki i did it myself and it cost me $300... but thats oil (4L Motul 10/50 synth) + filter and air filter (DNA type - very cool, cheaper than standard) and new plugs (NGK irridium). and it took me about 2hours to do so, probably overall looking at $400 to $450 at a shop (depending on Labor costs)

i try to put my bike in the shop for every second or third service just to check smaller things and just for some piece of mind.