PDA

View Full Version : Evening All

Marknz
4th March 2004, 20:34
I've not long been back in Wgtn after spending three years in Oz (Canberra). On the road I was riding a '03 Matt Black Firestorm with all the trick stuff and on the track and even trickier '77 CB150T Bucket racer.

Now that all my riding gear has arrived I'm just waiting for some decent Saturday weather to go test ride a SV1000S and see if it compares with the VTR. If not, then Mr Honda gets my money again.

I've also just joined the Victoria Club and while it's not likely that I'll get a race bike for this season (my race bike is still in a shed in Canberra) i'll be looking to help out with flag marshall duties.

Cheers
Marknz

Ms Piggy
4th March 2004, 20:43
Welcome back Mark - to N.Z & Wgtn! :niceone:

I'm not quite in your league but, there are lotsa cool and slightly odd people here - enjoy! :cool:

Two Smoker
4th March 2004, 20:46
If you want odd you dont need to look past KK LOL,you will quickly learn his reputation lol
An all round gr8 guy lol

Welcome to the site and im sure you have heaps of tips about riding for me

Marknz
4th March 2004, 20:53
Welcome back Mark - to N.Z & Wgtn! :niceone:

I'm not quite in your league but, there are lotsa cool and slightly odd people here - enjoy! :cool:

We all ride bikes.... that is a league of it's own!

Thanks CSL

Zed
4th March 2004, 21:15
I've not long been back in Wgtn after spending three years in Oz (Canberra). On the road I was riding a '03 Matt Black Firestorm with all the trick stuff and on the track and even trickier '77 CB150T Bucket racer.

Now that all my riding gear has arrived I'm just waiting for some decent Saturday weather to go test ride a SV1000S and see if it compares with the VTR. If not, then Mr Honda gets my money again.

I've also just joined the Victoria Club and while it's not likely that I'll get a race bike for this season (my race bike is still in a shed in Canberra) i'll be looking to help out with flag marshall duties.

Cheers
Marknz
Evening Marknz,

Glad you could join us! :wacko:

What are the Aussie roads like in comparison to ours to ride on?

Zed

LB
5th March 2004, 05:00
Hi Marknz - welcome. Hope you get the new bike soonest.

I'll be going to all the Vic club race rounds, so will have to catch up with you there. (spectating, not riding!) I think the first one's 17th April, it's posted on their website.

Marknz
6th March 2004, 18:54
What are the Aussie roads like in comparison to ours to ride on?

To be honest the only riding I've done in NZ was a 5km daily commute from Bayswater to Devonport in the mid 80's on a ER185.

It was only when I got to Canberra that I chose to get back into riding and stepped up to a VTR250 for 6 months then the VTR1000F3.

Wgtn roads look okay but I doubt there are too many places close to town where I could have a good scratch without worrying about any cagers being on the wrong side of the road. Of course the motorway would be good for a 200+ blat but there's no fun in that is there. But I do have one or to fellas on here already tempting me into the new bike market and I'm sure they'll show me where and when to find the right roads.

Australia on the other hand had some fantastic roads to ride on, especially around Canberra and Sydney, but not in the suburbs. Putty Road, the Old Road, up "The Hill", "Church", Cotter Road, Tidbinbilla, Bungendore to Batemans Bay down the Clyde Mountain and then back up again... they just go on and on. The Snowy Mountains area, one hour south of Canberra, is bloody fantastic and those of you that read AMCN will be familiar with that area. And of course there is the annual pilgrimage from Canberra to Phillip Island for the MotoGP (twice a year if you want the WSB meet of course) which you can turn into 2 days and 800km of scratching if you take the right route. Bloody fantastic!

The biggest danger over there is the wildlife. Emus and kangaroos that will run or jump at you as you ride past at what ever speed you like, snakes that will coil up around your engine or belly pan if you ride over them and then scare the shite out of you when you come to a stop. Or of course theres always the household huntsmen spider that chooses to sleep within the confines of your nice warm frames over night and then surprise you with a walk acroos your dash or screen in the middle of a run. Then of course there are the cagers and faaaarkin huge trucks, and the cops who force you to ride quicker to get away from them :bleh:

Anyway, I'm sure it won't be too long before I'm on the roads with the Wgtonions, and when it's all sorted and run in I'll be looking for some weekends away so will surely catch up with a few others too. And of course some track days at Manfield :spudbooge I'll just need to befriend someone with a dual trailer or van, 'cause recent experiences have taught me that riding to and from a track day is no fun at all :eek5:

Marknz
6th March 2004, 18:56
Hi Marknz - welcome. Hope you get the new bike soonest.

I'll be going to all the Vic club race rounds, so will have to catch up with you there. (spectating, not riding!) I think the first one's 17th April, it's posted on their website.

Thanks Lynda,

Should I be up and running by then I'd be keen on a group ride up to the track if one is organised.

Just waiting for my Vic membership 'stuff' to get back to me so I can find out who to contact about marshalling.

LB
7th March 2004, 04:08
Thanks Lynda,

Should I be up and running by then I'd be keen on a group ride up to the track if one is organised.

Just waiting for my Vic membership 'stuff' to get back to me so I can find out who to contact about marshalling.
we tend to take the car to the track (yeah, yeah, I know.....) because we usually pitcrew for one of our mates, and it's easier to not be in all our bike gear. But there will be people riding up - pm me so we can touch base about it.

You can always contact Barry New at Sawyers for info re marshalling, he's a Vic Club official and is often clerk of course.

Keep us posted on the new bike developments!