PDA

View Full Version : Helmet security bag.

Big Dave
9th December 2005, 21:26
Was over at Motomail while Kerry was doing me a tyre next door and was fossicking around in their new stock, (hey - i ride right inside and park at the counter some days. what's the hippie going to do - bounce me?) and I was pretty taken with this idea.
The XB12X has a very good helmet lock. singular.
buuuuut co-pilot *and* i have been heading out to the boonies dirt roading lately and then sometimes take in a bit of - i say bushwalking - you say tramping - to assorted waterfalls, lookouts and places once removed from the beaten track.
Lugging a helmet really does detract from a stomp so she has sort of stashed hers, tucked it away in on the hugger as i've secured the lockable hook for the X-Spirit or Davida.
Even in the Nowheresville car park, I just felt uncomfortable walking away and leaving a few hundy's worth, just....sitting there, not to mention the PITA of having to come home and get a spare etc if it was nicked.

Solution.
One of these things. Looks really good I reckon - will stash under the seat of the Buell when rolled up and I'll relax and enjoy the bush even more. Waterproof protection. I can see city applications too.

Sure, some nutter with bolt cutters and it's bye bye household no claim bonus, but I think this negates the 'opportunist' scum.

The packaging says 'when you gear's secure, you can do more.' They are prolly right.
There are also tank bag and rack bags with the same security mesh system.
Check it out.

dc

James Deuce
9th December 2005, 21:43
Talked with these guys when they were out, and they really have done a great job with their research. Their stuff is expensive for a reason. The research they've done has been really motorcycle oriented, not focus groups, but guys using and testing their prototypes on a couple of continent in all conditions.

Motu
9th December 2005, 21:43
The packaging says 'when you gear's secure, you can do more.'

I presume the add copy writer is from the southern states - that's 3 sylables in ''more''

Big Dave
9th December 2005, 21:59
I presume the add copy writer is from the southern states - that's 3 sylables in ''more''

'Patents pending worldwide - Fabriqué en Chine.'

Lou Girardin
13th December 2005, 07:04
Was over at Motomail while Kerry was doing me a tyre next door and was fossicking around in their new stock, (hey - i ride right inside and park at the counter some days. what's the hippie going to do - bounce me?) and I was pretty taken with this idea.
The XB12X has a very good helmet lock. singular.
buuuuut co-pilot *and* i have been heading out to the boonies dirt roading lately and then sometimes take in a bit of - i say bushwalking - you say tramping - to assorted waterfalls, lookouts and places once removed from the beaten track.
Lugging a helmet really does detract from a stomp so she has sort of stashed hers, tucked it away in on the hugger as i've secured the lockable hook for the X-Spirit or Davida.
Even in the Nowheresville car park, I just felt uncomfortable walking away and leaving a few hundy's worth, just....sitting there, not to mention the PITA of having to come home and get a spare etc if it was nicked.

Solution.
One of these things. Looks really good I reckon - will stash under the seat of the Buell when rolled up and I'll relax and enjoy the bush even more. Waterproof protection. I can see city applications too.

Sure, some nutter with bolt cutters and it's bye bye household no claim bonus, but I think this negates the 'opportunist' scum.

The packaging says 'when you gear's secure, you can do more.' They are prolly right.
There are also tank bag and rack bags with the same security mesh system.
Check it out.

dc

Beat ya to it. Check 'shop sales'. What did you pay?

T.I.E
13th December 2005, 07:19
what would jo blog pay for it?

Lou Girardin
13th December 2005, 13:44
what would jo blog pay for it?

Joe Blogg and everyone else pays $99.00 at AMPS.

Big Dave
13th December 2005, 15:46
Beat ya to it. Check 'shop sales'. What did you pay?

Pay? I told you yesterday I *AM* the media, dahlink.
:slap:
(dunno, haven't got the invoice yet)

warewolf
16th December 2005, 16:32
After seeing the helmet lock wire on the BMW K1200LT (IIRC) I had some made up - mainly for the Tiger 900 which had such wide side panels that the helmet straps wouldn't reach in to the lock rail. I used them in that case as an extension.

"They" are simply some wire rope in appropriate lengths with an eye crimped into each end. Feed it through your helmet buckle/holder, both eye ends in the helmet lock, voila!

Cost: ooh, a couple of bucks (complete with crimps) from any marine fittings shop.

Also had a longer one made up to feed through the sleeve of a jacket, so it too could be locked to the bike.

(This is also one good reason for ugly 65L hard panniers! :slap: )

Lou Girardin
19th December 2005, 07:18
"They" are simply some wire rope in appropriate lengths with an eye crimped into each end. Feed it through your helmet buckle/holder, both eye ends in the helmet lock, voila!

Cost: ooh, a couple of bucks (complete with crimps) from any marine fittings shop.
:slap: )

Except that won't keep your helmet dry/stop people gobbing in it. You can't secure gloves etc.
Otherwise it sounds identical.:doh: