PDA

View Full Version : The Sawyer Winter Series:

denill
14th February 2003, 12:00
There has been some discussion regarding a Winter Road Race programme.

Go here for info on the Sawyer Winter Series.
http://www.silver-bullet.co.nz/news.php3?id=2126

I post on Silver Bullet - Bill W. - and if any on this list have items of news that they would like published on that site I am @ denill@xtra.co.nz

Cheers
Bill :done:

bluninja
8th March 2003, 21:12
I was looking forward to having a go at the winter series; but here we go again with a winter series not aligned with the classes of MNZ. Last year there was a dedicated SV650 production class, but the SV650 is now within F3 according to MNZ. But not for the winter series! Amazingly as the weather gets colder and wetter it becomes an F2 bike. When is motorcycle racing in NZ going to get it's act together? If you have a national body setting the classes and the rules it would make sense that all club competitions ran with the same classes.....wouldn't it? 

Yes I'm parochial here as an SV650 owner, but surely the forum for deciding the classes is at the national level and the clubs should be backing them by running the classes and getting them amended as needed.

TTFN

Mitch
8th April 2003, 10:54
Hey Si

In some ways I agree with you BUTT............  MNZ make decisions, change rules and basically do whatever the hell they like with little to no contact or discussion with anyone.  They didn't even have the courtacy to get in contact with Tim Gibbs before they changed rules regarding a class of racing that he had introduced (SV650's).  I would have thought at the very least a phone call to say "Hello Mr Gibbs, please bend over as we are about to shaft you for all the hard work you have done for so many years"  All the time decisions are made by MNZ office dwellers that don't even bother to go to events to watch, let alone get involved clubs are going to continue to run their events how they choose fit.  The cost we pay for these mistakes is worse then just a few people not being catered for correctly at some events!!!!!  We lose people like Tim Gibbs who did SO much and got SO little thanks.

:done:

bluninja
8th April 2003, 12:08
Hmmm, so if I give you my proxy vote for MNZ, what would you do with it? Bigger can of worms than I thought. Remember I was being parochial about SV650....I would have been more than happy to race SV650 in it's own class. I guess my bigger concern (whinge) is that as things are, it seems road racing will not improve in leaps and bounds if everyone can set their own rules. I totally agree that Tim Gibbes did a fantastic job, and we are poorer from him stepping down from the winter series.

To be honest if everyone got together and agreed on the classes and ran them accordingly, then racers, and sponsors would know what was going on and be able to plan what they spent their money on.

Maybe I should trade my (not quite) mint SV650 for a 600 :p

TTFN

bluninja
8th April 2003, 13:41
Mitch just read through the entire F3/SV650 thread on Tim Gibbes site. Ho hum, I guess at least running at the rear I get a clear track:o

TTFN

Mitch
8th April 2003, 17:22
That post on SV's on Tim site was WAY toooo much for this girl, I thought I was pissed off about the whole thing until I read that :rolleyes:

Still at least there is plenty of racing to go to, even if it's not perfect it's better than nothing at all!!!!

:bigthumb:

Will I be seeing you @ Taupo this weekend Si??  You missed one damn wet meeting on Sunday at Pukekohe, was good fun though.