PDA

View Full Version : how many xv1100's

sheddy
12th December 2005, 17:50
How many of these beasts would be registered in NZ. Anyone have access to that info?

Cookie
12th December 2005, 20:49
Welcome sheddy. Nice to meet another newbie with an interest in cruisers. :niceone:

Lord Alster recently found out how many VTX1800's there were in the country. Maybe worth contacting him if he doesn't read this.

Are you are interesed in maybe buying one?

Waylander
12th December 2005, 22:13
There are a good number. I know of atleast one other here in Hamilton but he's not a member of the site. Also saw another one when I was up on the coromandle sunday before last.(also not a member) and there are several on the south island. Only know about these becouse either I've seen them or someone from here told me about them.

I don't have the exact number becouse I don't know how to find it. Would be interested to know though.:2thumbsup

Virago
12th December 2005, 22:17
I'm guessing several hundred at least. Lots are brought in as second-hand imports, and don't sit in the shops for long.

sheddy
13th December 2005, 14:03
There is a document available from the dept of statistics that tells us all the make and model details. But its $50. Having said that someone on this forum will have access to this document surely??. Yep I'm in the market for one of these Virago 1100 or an Intruder.:yes:

Waylander
22nd December 2005, 19:28
I see you've found another XV to look at. Could see if any of our south island brothers can check it out for ya.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/structure/auction_detail.asp?id=43526634&key=162907

Virago
22nd December 2005, 21:17
I see you've found another XV to look at. Could see if any of our south island brothers can check it out for ya.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/structure/auction_detail.asp?id=43526634&key=162907
Alexandra - that's Jantar's patch.

Virago
22nd December 2005, 21:41
Alexandra - that's Jantar's patch.
.........and I should hopefully be up that way myself before the auction closes. Let me know if I can help Sheddy.

sheddy
23rd December 2005, 05:09
cheers guys.
I have a minor problem with this one. They havn't paid it off yet so it could be a pain with title. I have provisionally withdrawn from the auction but will keep an eye on it just in case they get it sorted. If anyone tracks it down though let me know.
I've also put an ad in the loot [sellmefree ?] to see what may be around.:niceone: