PDA

View Full Version : Another custom bike thread (but so cool)

HenryDorsetCase
13th December 2005, 08:26
Roger Goldammer deserves to be worshipped by us as a god !!!

984cc SINGLE cylinder SUPERCHARGED !!!

And it is GORGEOUS.....

I love this thing, the more you look, the more there is to see.

None of this West Coast extended fork cartoon bike stuff, THIS YOU COULD RIDE!!

http://www.goldammercycle.com/hispeed/gallery.php?g=0

Eurodave
13th December 2005, 08:33
Wicked, :2thumbsup looks like a Schwinn pushbike on steroids! Pity we cant hear it run.......THUMP........THUMP....every lamp post Id expect.Very informative rake trail calc on his website too

Colapop
13th December 2005, 08:36
Sweet - very understated. Not sure about the green though?

White trash
13th December 2005, 09:17
Well, you can get fucked if ya want someone to start it for ya outside the pub.

Waylander
13th December 2005, 09:27
Nah don't like it. Too much open space. Keep thinking there is something missing. And the puke Army green was never a good idea. Not even on the uniforms.

HenryDorsetCase
13th December 2005, 09:50
Well, you can get fucked if ya want someone to start it for ya outside the pub.

according to the blurb, it has the same starter system as a WW1 aircraft... some sort of impulse starter or something. I want video of it going. I reckon it would sound awesome!

Motu
13th December 2005, 11:15
Well I kinda like it in an engineering and artistic way - but I'm a practical person,and that bike has no function I can see.....except for people to look at.

What I can't get over is where do people get the time and money to do this sort of thing - oh,for 70hrs a week,no worries about money and a fully equiped machine shop....I reckon I could turn out some kick arse bikes if I had that behind me...

flash
15th December 2005, 20:55
its looks just like a chopper version of this, but ild have the orriginal anyday...

froggyfrenchman
15th December 2005, 20:58
so simple looking its sexy! always been a sucker for big singles

flash
15th December 2005, 21:04
just imagine the back and arse pain, the bike has no suspension!!!!!!!

skidMark
15th December 2005, 22:41
can i throw up or wouldnt you notice it.....that looks like peewee hermans bike with a motor and it's been through a green swamp....

heres what we all need...

http://www.martinbrosbikes.com

go there and click on creations..... now were talking

skidMark
15th December 2005, 22:43
wtf the tank is under the upper rail of the frame...

hmm i thinks i has an idea......(runs to garage and gets out the old drawing board)

interesting but ...random:blink:

ezinnz
16th December 2005, 06:30
Yeah, it's very well done but he wasn't the first to do a bike like this. Jesse Rooke was and it looked a lot nicer.

Maybe not everyones ideal style but the skill involved in building something like that is hard to argue with.

Troll
16th December 2005, 08:26
bloody ugly and impractical

TLDV8
16th December 2005, 11:34
I like it,it follows the lines of many bikes from early part of the last century as it was mean't to i guess...... the main difference being it is welded tube instead of tube bronzed into castings..so it gets the smooth look... it looks a bit like a HD Peashooter that has been squashed down to me.A lot of the new stuff is based on the old but with the added bonus of todays advances in engineering and materials.I would like to do something with a TL engine but the angle of the cylinders makes it hard to set up cosmetic wise.

HenryDorsetCase
17th December 2005, 22:38
just imagine the back and arse pain, the bike has no suspension!!!!!!!

its rigid rear true, but the fork is a girder fork: the top link acts on a spring and damper inside the steering head. It may also have a sprung or cantilevered seat.

like i said, the more you look, the more there is to see. the wheels are 21 inch front and 20 inch rear.

He is inspired by early 20th century board track racers. apparently common in those days to plate off a cylinder to make a twin into a single. Goldammer decided to do that, but then mounted the supercharger on the plate.

HenryDorsetCase
17th December 2005, 22:39
I like it,it follows the lines of many bikes from early part of the last century as it was mean't to i guess...... the main difference being it is welded tube instead of tube bronzed into castings..so it gets the smooth look... it looks a bit like a HD Peashooter that has been squashed down to me.A lot of the new stuff is based on the old but with the added bonus of todays advances in engineering and materials.I would like to do something with a TL engine but the angle of the cylinders makes it hard to set up cosmetic wise.

www.mptracing.com then click on street rods, he uses a hotted TL motor. damn cool (IMO)

oldrider
17th December 2005, 23:03
its looks just like a chopper version of this, but ild have the orriginal anyday...
My son in law has got one just like that! (Royal Enfield) Cheers John.

Colapop
18th December 2005, 06:36
www.mptracing.com then click on street rods, he uses a hotted TL motor. damn cool (IMO)
I like that better. The matt black is a nice finish too. Kinda similar to excile (sp) cycles.