PDA

View Full Version : SVS - yet another Nationals write up

svs
13th December 2005, 15:29
I'm getting to do a few more of the nationals this year. Starting with Pukekohe.

Got there around 9:30 on the friday for practice, set up the pits and went out for a play. Times were fairly uninspiring, starting out around 1:15, getting down to constant 1:13s later in the day. I knew this really wouldn't be on the pace so I was a bit disappointed, this was a bit slower than than the other time I'd been to puke over a year ago.

That evening, we messed with the gearing on the old SV....

...and first thing saturday I was running 1:11's. I'd set a target of getting 1:10's this weekend, so things were looking up. Anyway, I'm still quite a bit slower than the fast guys, so qualifying I ended up down in 13th.

Race 1 (Sat): Got a bit of a naff start, loosing another place or two before managing to find myself circulating in a bit of empty track, ended up finishing 14th.

Race 2 (Sun): A bit better start, not loosing out too much. Good fun battling with another SV that had heaps more power than me. Got passed him on the last lap to finish 11th. Had a few laps in the high 1:10's so I'd met that goal.

Race 3 (TT - Sun): A cool race with anthony on the SV, and logan (KK) on the 400. Lap times down again to the low 1:10's, had a ball, ended up 11th again. Still not getting the laps quite right. I'm sure I can go faster. Just need bigger nuts at puke.

Overall. Reasonably pleased that I'd done what I set out to do. A bit disappointed that I didn't finish a little bit higher, or crack the 1:09 times, but good fun none the less. Good to see a bundle of other KBers out there, shame about the 450 logan....

On the way back home, took the bike to GP Motorcycles in Mt. Manganui. Dyno showed it was running like a dog. Hopefully it'll be much better at Manfeild this weekend.

Thanks to Blondie, Derek and Jeremy. Also to Actrix Internet (http://www.actrix.co.nz) for sponsoring me, and a big thanks to Gary at GP Motorcycles for making my bike go faster - even though he also competes in F3.

See you next weekend.......

k14
13th December 2005, 15:33
Damn, another kber i missed out on meeting. I'll be sure to come and say hi this weekend down a manfeild.

Good writeup too.

Hoon
13th December 2005, 15:43
Good one Phil, didn't get to say hi this time as I was flag marshalling but saw you flying around. Good work on the 1:10's!

Two Smoker
13th December 2005, 17:39
Like i said at the track Phil, top effort on the 1:10's :niceone: Cant wait to see how you go at Manfield :niceone:

Kwaka-Kid
13th December 2005, 22:06
Good to read Phil, was even better to watch from the best seat on the day though! Ill catchya this weekend dude, sadly not likly on the track but any/all pointers you can give me on your track down there when im there would be much appreciated! :)

logan

FROSTY
16th December 2005, 06:45
good effort phil---Im gutted I wasn't able to make it.
actually gutted isn't the word -I've been totally depressed for weeks