PDA

View Full Version : Tourist Trophy game; Could be a bit of fun.

Darryboy
13th December 2005, 16:37
Game by Polyphony Digital (makers of the Gran Turismo series).

Haven't had much of a chance to check it over but it looks pretty good

http://www.us.playstation.com/Content/OGS/SCUS-97502/Site/

onearmedbandit
13th December 2005, 16:44
Oh fuck yeah, looks grouse. Seeing as I buy a new game almost every week I can see this one being in my collection very soon.

Ivan
13th December 2005, 16:46
yeah does look like a lot of fun I wonder if you can ghost rider that Busa?:blip:

onearmedbandit
13th December 2005, 16:47
Oh dear, looks like we won't be seeing it until late next year, in which case the PS3 will be probably out and my PS2 will become a door stop.

myvice
13th December 2005, 21:13
Was told that the PS3 was surfacing in March... Along with Halo 3!
Could be a load of bollix tho?:wait:

N4CR
13th December 2005, 21:58
Been posted before (just the vid). It uses the GT4 engine (note the similarities in graphics... rather nice ;) ) and is produced by the same people afaik.

By using the GT4 engine it should be a PS2 release.

If it is kept to the same standard, be prepared for a game that redefines motorcycle games - the GT series did that for realism with cars. Hell... automotive companies tested virtual prototypes with the game engine O_o.

Wtf... a suzuki burgman...

Kornholio
13th December 2005, 22:23
Did anyone use to play Microproses GP500 on the PC?.... that had the best bike/game physics I have seen in a game on any platform....The helmet view was pretty freaky and I use to use my Logitech Momo steering wheel to ride them. Use to be able to update bikesets from Streetbikes to MotoGP, WSBK, 125, 600, BSBK and shitloads of others...played it lots when I didnt have a bike :/

onearmedbandit
13th December 2005, 22:32
GP500, still one of the best motorcycle games ever. Did you know their is a GP500 site with track updates, MotoGP skins, Superbike skins, the Britten. Sound file updates, the works.

Kornholio
13th December 2005, 22:37
Yup there was some goood addons and there was duds but overall YEEHA... use to race chaps online too, 56k was bearable :)

nudemetalz
13th December 2005, 22:37
On that intro,...did I see an XN-85 Turbo ??

John
13th December 2005, 22:41
I've been waiting for a decent PS2 motobike game - and have been waiting on this since they announced it - will be released early so they can work on porting/making next versions for PS3 and completeing the new gt game.

Krayy
14th December 2005, 07:25
This may take a bit to master. I'm pretty sure its going to use both joysticks to control it, one for bike speed/direction and the other to adjust rider position to balance the bikes.

The question is, will they model in counter-steering, so you have to push the joystick to the left to turn right while adjusting rider position to right?

That could leave me smacked down by some 6 year old who can pat his head and rub his tummy at the same time :bash:

I'm un-co, and proud of it :2thumbsup

SimJen
14th December 2005, 07:33
Downloadable movies of Tourist Trophy

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/driving/touristtrophy/media.html

Also rumours of a version for the PSP :)