PDA

View Full Version : INFO REQUIRED : North Island Trail Rides

CR Chick
15th December 2005, 15:27
Hey, i live in welly and some m8's and i r doing a mish up the North island to Woodhill but we are hoping to do some riding in between wellington and Auckland. Any info on trails or MX tracks would be appreciated.

Thanks

Firefight
15th December 2005, 15:30
Hey, i live in welly and some m8's and i r doing a mish up the North island to Woodhill but we are hoping to do some riding in between wellington and Auckland. Any info on trails or MX tracks would be appreciated.

Thanks

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=7804

F/F

CR Chick
15th December 2005, 15:31
I have heard of somewhere near taupo but am struggling to find more info

Firefight
15th December 2005, 15:35
I have heard of somewhere near taupo but am struggling to find more info

there was on at Reparoa(on the Taupo to Rotovagas Rd), but its closed, there have been heaps of Cross country events into Forest few ks out of taupo on the Naiper Rd, but they are one off events, you can;t legally ride in there, thou heaps still do, just don,t get caught.

Best to go to Kimmys Farm (west of Huntly)

Thunder Valley (H/Way 22) Glen Murray

Woodhill S/Hway 16

Need more info pm me.

F/F

WRT
15th December 2005, 15:55
And sing out when you make it to any of the tracks near auckland, I'm sure a few of us will come along for a ride.

CR Chick
15th December 2005, 16:05
And sing out when you make it to any of the tracks near auckland, I'm sure a few of us will come along for a ride.

4sure dude, the more the merrier.. it would be good to meet up with some locals who know the tracks etc

flash
15th December 2005, 19:44
theres one in matata around every second Sunday, highly recommended

Hambo45
16th December 2005, 20:50
I seriously suggest harrisville, brilliant track, groomed so well, need a bit of experience riding though, or sum big nuts

trumpy
16th December 2005, 21:07
CR Chick, if you are passing thru Taupo give me a call, a small group of us here are usually keen for a ride out at Rangitaiki. More than happy to take you out there. Pm me for contact info if interested - good fun spot and better still its free!!

crazyxr250rider
19th December 2005, 15:39
Atiamuri Forests and fire breaks are a lot of fun. last holidays me and my cousin went for a ride round there to try out his new rm250

Wellyman
19th December 2005, 20:10

I agree.Me and my old man is always up for a ride anywhere in the auckland area. so if your in the area maybe a group of KB'ers can go for a ride.
WM

tlronny
20th December 2005, 05:40
CR Chick, if you are passing thru Taupo give me a call, a small group of us here are usually keen for a ride out at Rangitaiki. More than happy to take you out there. Pm me for contact info if interested - good fun spot and better still its free!!

This area is pretty vast and open but as he says its free !
Just go up the Napier - Taupo Rd for 20 mins and park up at the Cafe on the left. Then cross the road and away you go - all the way to the Rangataiki pub !

:niceone:

clint640
22nd December 2005, 12:13
This area is pretty vast and open but as he says its free !
Just go up the Napier - Taupo Rd for 20 mins and park up at the Cafe on the left. Then cross the road and away you go - all the way to the Rangataiki pub !

:niceone:

'e prolly means SF70, ya go in near Matea Rd on the southern side - good playground with a few good hillclimbs. A local guide is a good idea.

Cheers
Clint