PDA

View Full Version : Hawkes bay to trackday?

froggyfrenchman
15th December 2005, 17:37
Anyone from the bay riding up to the track day on sunday?

hXc
15th December 2005, 17:39
Thinking about it aye. Not sure whether we're going up on Sunday or Saturday though so not too sure as of yet.

froggyfrenchman
15th December 2005, 18:09
fast slow or med ride? are you takin youre bike? im plannin on headin up sunday. Wont be fast though, ridin my hoonda gb400 two up. But if theres another learner ridin up i might let the missis ride her gn up...

skelstar
15th December 2005, 18:47
You might be aware but some of us are heading up your way on Sat, and carrying on through to Taupo if youre keen.

froggyfrenchman
15th December 2005, 18:49
You might be aware but some of us are heading up your way on Sat, and carrying on through to Taupo if youre keen.

You doin the last leg from here to taupo on sat or sun?

MSTRS
15th December 2005, 19:01
We are going Sat for what it's worth.

froggyfrenchman
15th December 2005, 19:04
Cheers amte. Would beup forit, but she who must obey is workn sat nite. Guess ill catch ya sunday.

MSTRS
15th December 2005, 19:05
Guess ill catch ya sunday.
If you're quick enough:msn-wink:

Quasievil
15th December 2005, 19:05
Did that road yesterday in the car, on the tops just after the summit there was a couple of spots of unmarked gravel and mud so take it with care, it was on the exit of a sharp corner, caught me a bit would not want to have been on the bike, so take care.

skelstar
15th December 2005, 19:07
Going to be leaving the Bay at around 3ish on Sat...getting to Taupo late Sat avo.

hXc
15th December 2005, 19:11
Did that road yesterday in the car, on the tops just after the summit there was a couple of spots of unmarked gravel and mud so take it with care, it was on the exit of a sharp corner, caught me a bit would not want to have been on the bike, so take care.

Thanks for the heads up mate. See ya there

froggyfrenchman
15th December 2005, 19:13

Cheers for the warning mate! im normally all balls by that stage of the road!

MSTRS
15th December 2005, 19:14
Going to be leaving the Bay at around 3ish on Sat...getting to Taupo late Sat avo.
What do you call late?? It's only an hour and a half trip, cruising.

skelstar
15th December 2005, 20:25
What do you call late?? It's only an hour and a half trip, cruising.
Fair enough. Been ten years since I have been over that road.

froggyfrenchman
15th December 2005, 20:29
That road is more bout horsepower than riding skill. Give the napier/wairoa road a shot one day if you get the chance..

skelstar
15th December 2005, 20:30
That road is more bout horsepower than riding skill. Give the napier/wairoa road a shot one day if you get the chance..
Yeah I remember that road. Same year Challenger blew up...:)

froggyfrenchman
15th December 2005, 20:38
Wairoa rd is fun, and levels the playing field . I beat me mate to wairoa by bout 12 mins a few weeks ago, me riding gb400 and him on fzr750!

skelstar
15th December 2005, 20:50
Nice one. Theres so many roads Ive gotta try eh.

froggyfrenchman
15th December 2005, 20:54
same here. so many roads, so little time...