PDA

View Full Version : Boorman ready for Dakar

Bob
16th December 2005, 00:45
The ‘Race to Dakar’ team of Charley Boorman, Simon Pavey and Matt Hall have been issued with their official F650 GS Dakar race bikes and X5 support vehicle.

Boorman said “It's great to finally see the bike with my name on it. It looks so different to the prototype I’ve been riding for the past few weeks and makes the whole project seem so much more real now. The BMW X5 support vehicle also looks amazing with the Race to Dakar team logo splashed all over it. We started it up outside BMW Park Lane and it caused quite a stir.”

Six-times Dakar rally competitor and BMW Motorrad Off-Road Skills Chief Instructor, Simon Pavey, added “It’s going to be great for me to compete in this year’s Dakar from a different perspective. Before, I have always been there as a serious racer and now I am involved in a project to help Charley go as far as he possibly can,” he said. “I do really believe Charley has what it takes to be a true Dakar competitor.”

Final Race to Dakar team-mate, Matt Hall, who is tasked with not only riding, but also filming the entire project for a forthcoming television series is also ready for the challenge “I’ve been riding as much as I possibly can over the last few months. I’m loving every minute of riding the F650 GS Dakar and can’t wait to get out and ride for real in Lisbon.”

The rally takes place from the 31st December 2005 to 15th January 2006

tracyprier
16th December 2005, 07:31
Charlie Boorman you lucky, lucky, lucky.... Best wishes for them, will be looking forward to watching it on the telly :)

Test Pilot
16th December 2005, 10:05
should be worth a watch, wonder if it will get the same hype without old ewan mcgregor

Gasman
23rd December 2005, 15:31
I really hope they take some decent footage of the race and of Charlie. Usually we get to see a few seconds and a few crashes, and mostly of cars. It's the same old story, cheque book journalism.................and no cheque book!:spudguita