PDA

View Full Version : all attending track day please read

FROSTY
16th December 2005, 08:41
This is basicly a cut n paste from the main track day thread but PLEASE reread it to be sure of the rules of the day.

Im sorry to sound like a right mr Hitler here but please read through this carefully.
I want one and all to have a bloody good time so there are some points that are NON negotiable.
1) Bike setup/gear setup.
ANY BIKE going on the track will be scrutineered.
basicly bike needs to be able to pass a WOF but below are some specifics.
No sharp/edges/loose parts
Tyres must be road legal for road bikes.
ball ends on all levers to be in place.
.Mirrors removed or taped up.
No leaking fluids.
headlights will be checked and GLASS headlights to be taped up.
Pack rack uppers to be removed -L arms to be taped over-preferably plugged.
No open tube ends on handlebars.
Brakes to work prpperly front and rear.
Its preferable to have you tape over your speeedo. .
Riding gear-A full face helmet good fitting with no damage into the shell.
WE HAVE COVERED THE HELMET THING OFF BEFORE--SCRATCHES ARE OK DAMAGE TO THE HELMET STRUCTURE ARENT--IF IN DOUBT SHOW A MORE EXPERIENCED kbER
gloves,bike boots,cudura 2 piece,leather one piece or two piece. Jeans /work boots are NOT acceptable even if they are "draggin" brand
Pillions will have a gear check on the line before going out. Please note pillions also need to sighn in
THE ONUS IS ON YOU TO MAKE SURE YOUR BIKE/GEAR IS UP TO SCRATCH
-Blown fork seals (oil not running down the fork leg) ,worn swing arm bearings and similar may not stop you getting on the track -BUT as a couple of members have discovered it really mucks up your handling and spoils your enjoyment of the day.Its a great excuse to get those niggly little issues sorted.
-2 Rules for the day
1 Show concideration for everybody else out there
2 Stick to your line -Dont try to get out of anybodys way or deliberately block.
3 when overtaking make sure you can do so safely.If in doubt -DON'T
4 should the front or back wheel come off the ground by "accident" make sure noones around you when you're doing it.
5 slow group riders are only to pass on the back straight before the braking cones
6 Touring group riders -no passing between hairpin and the right hander.-cones will be out to mark these points.
7 Fast group ref rule 3 also first session overtaking on the outside except on the straight --for first session.
8 if you see a flag waving anywhere on the track pull into the pits straight away -the clock will be stopped on your session so ya aint gonna miss out on laps. ANYONE trying to sneak an extra lap will miss out on the rest of that session.
9 If a slower rider is holding you up either rule 3 or ride slowly through the pits and let em get ahead. -again--it aint a race.
10 when leaving the track hold your left hand up to let other riders know.
11 if you are unlucky enough to run off the track raise your hand in the air to let us know you're ok.
12)dont look back
13) if you are unfortunate enough to crash (it wont happen but just in case)
Your bike and gear needs to be rescrutineered before you can go back on the track.
14) NOOONE is to go near the NEW track under any circumstances-a possible concequence is us ALL being thrown off the track.
15) NOONE EXcept martials recovering crashed bikes goes onto the OUTSIDE of any corner --photographers please note this rule--FROM the right hander to the beginning of the sweeper opposite the pits is strictly out of bounds
Also NOONE Trackside without marshals permission and wearing a fluro vest
16--HAVE FUN-- LOTS N LOTS OF FUN

If you disobey these rules for first offence you may miss your next session and be a flag marshal at lunch time.
Second offence and potentially thats ya day finished.

Blatantly dangerous riding or riding under the influence of Alchohol or non medicinal drugs will not be allowed. Zero tolerance.You will be sitting out the rest of the day. ILL PUT IT BLUNTLY--IF I CAN SMELL BOOZE ON YA BREATH IN THE AM YA WONT BE RIDING AT THE EARLIEST TILL THE PM
Again guys N gals I really want one and all to have a good time so these rules are to protect us all.

Photographers/spectators.-nobody will be trackside unless cleared by marshalls and they MUST wear a fluro vest (except during the braking session) and there will be some areas that are out of bounds -this is strictly in the interest of safety

Track day timetable this is the order riders need to do stuff
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
7.30am --gates open /pits open.
8.00am sighn is starts -pay ya money and sighn the indemnity form.also decide on ya choice of lunch

8.05 -Scrutineering starts-bring ya bike and be wearing all ya gear.

Ill be sorting the groups as we do the scrutineering.
9.00am marshalls brief--a quick run through on what theyll be doing.(marshal scrutineering will take precidence over normal riders)
9.15 -Track day brief --a runthrough of what we'll be doing during the day and the track rules.EVERYBODY including spectators/photograhers to attend
9.35 -everybody taken on a SLOW -read VERY SLOW 4 lap session on the track. I would like to make this a bit of a photo session so I wanna keep it dead slow
9.45 -First group out on the track.
9.45-12.30 --4 track sessions per group.
12.30-1.15 lunch break --also marshalls track session.and a pillion session.
1.00pm -"emergency accelleration/braking" session.
Everyone needs to be in the center of the track to watch this one.
1.20 Very short rebriefing. please be there it may be important to YOU
1.25 -4.30 -more riding.
4.30 --4.45 --second marshalls session.pluss pillion session
4.45---WE ALL help pack up/clean up the place.Please folks --even If ya pick up ya own rubbish It makes our lives easier.
5.00--barby and beer time

jahrasti
16th December 2005, 09:04
if we start in one group can we move up or is that for the day?

Test Pilot
16th December 2005, 09:16
if we start in one group can we move up or is that for the day?

ditto to that ??

R6_kid
16th December 2005, 09:28
not sure, but i'd say no, unless you are too fast to be considered safe (eg a GSXR1000 in the slow group going around at warp 6 with 250's barely 180)

Im sure its possible but will most likely cause headaches for those organising the day. Keep in mind that there are approx 100 riders attending :gob:

FROSTY
16th December 2005, 09:43
The deal is simple -we/you will decide what group you're in for the first session at scrutinering
From there if I or the marshalls feel you need to move up or down a group then you will be --But to avoid someone sneaking two sessions there will be 4 opertunities during the day to change groups.
Incidently
I have made the decision there will be -1 very slow session of 4 laps --and I do mean VERY slow --we will all be behind baby bikie on his 50cc traillie --
This is your chance to look at the track surface and suss out the track or for experienced guys suss the changes
This will be followed by a NOVICE group ride at around the 55second per lap pace. Itll only be about 6 laps -which is still fairly slow but will give trackday newbees a feel for if they are in the right group or not.
After that session any NOVICE group rider who wants to change groups will be able to talk to me or Doogal about it.

FROSTY
16th December 2005, 14:41
PLEASE GUYS/GALS--MAKE SURE you ARE AWARE OF THE RULES

FROSTY
16th December 2005, 20:18
ok sorry to be pushy but pleasde read

GSVR
16th December 2005, 20:24
Don't stress out Tony if its organised anything like the last one everyone will go home happy and in one piece.

Except for that guy that tried doing a stoppie and lost the front end.

justsomeguy
16th December 2005, 20:31
This will be followed by a NOVICE group ride at around the 55second per lap pace.

Pardon??

Tony at the dinner that MR organised you said 55 secs was the touring pace.

You sure the novices will be doing 55 secs per lap????

FROSTY
16th December 2005, 20:33
NOT STRESSING just wanna be sure one and all know the rules

FROSTY
16th December 2005, 20:35
Pardon??

Tony at the dinner that MR organised you said 55 secs was the touring pace.

You sure the novices will be doing 55 secs per lap????
Well I times baby bikie on his 50cc quad doing 55 second laps--gee JSG ya mean you dont ride that fast??

GSVR
16th December 2005, 20:39
I've actually printed them off ( the rules) and will be ticking each requirement and I will not be turning up in draggin jeans expecting to be ok in the slow group this time.

BTW I still owe your or XJ for the lend of those leather pants.

justsomeguy
16th December 2005, 20:49
Well I times baby bikie on his 50cc quad doing 55 second laps--gee JSG ya mean you dont ride that fast??

You were doing 49 sec laps at one of the victoria club days as was the back of the F3 field- I know cos I timed you.

So you're saying Joe Novice on his little 2fiddy is only 6 secs a lap slower than a guy that's had more trackdays than most of us on KB???

My dream would be to crack a 55 lap. The road riders on 600's were doing around the 52-55 from what I can remember.

Anyway who cares - you and your marshalls decide on the day.

I'll be :woohoo: whatever happens.

OH YEAH - I ASSUME WE ARE GONNA BE ALLOWED OUT EVEN IF IT RAINS??

cowpoos
16th December 2005, 23:25
thanks tony....I know your probally stressing alittle....but we are all really thank full to you and babybikie for the work and scrafices you've put into this...and if anyone hasn't read the rules and sorted their gear/bike out by now...more full them.
eveyone has had plenty of oppertunity to get ready....and we're all looking forward to a awesome day on sunday...your a top man... undertaking such a huge operation....and many many people are going to have a blast doing what they love with the sort of people we love to be around...

can I shout you the first beer on sunday? :niceone:

FROSTY
17th December 2005, 06:03
Thanks Poos --
Its a case of lets be sure
Rather too much than too little

BLACKYOSHI1000
17th December 2005, 06:44
frosty im sure we will have a great weekend thank`s for your effort`s on bringing more k/b`s together
cheer`s jim

madboy
17th December 2005, 08:09
On his trailie? Can I bring the minimoto for the warmup?

Mental Trousers
17th December 2005, 10:52
thanks tony....I know your probally stressing alittle....but we are all really thank full to you and babybikie for the work and scrafices you've put into this...

Don't forget Lynda

FROSTY
17th December 2005, 11:18
Ok so lets all pray to the weather gods

Cibby
17th December 2005, 12:29
Ok so lets all pray to the weather gods

bloody hell i reckon

thunder storms forcast for tomorro frosty..

will we still ride??

This is arse!:drinknsin

curious george
17th December 2005, 12:37
Fuck this. I call 'BLOUSE'. Me brakes are dodgy, add water, and I'm a yellow bellied wuss.
Have fun ya'all

Mooch
18th December 2005, 13:28
This is basicly a cut n paste from the main track day thread but PLEASE reread it to be sure of the rules of the day.

Im sorry to sound like a right mr Hitler here but please read through this carefully.
I want one and all to have a bloody good time so there are some points that are NON negotiable.
1) Bike setup/gear setup.
ANY BIKE going on the track will be scrutineered.
basicly bike needs to be able to pass a WOF but below are some specifics.
No sharp/edges/loose parts
Tyres must be road legal for road bikes.
ball ends on all levers to be in place.
.Mirrors removed or taped up.
No leaking fluids.
headlights will be checked and GLASS headlights to be taped up.
Pack rack uppers to be removed -L arms to be taped over-preferably plugged.
No open tube ends on handlebars.
Brakes to work prpperly front and rear.
Its preferable to have you tape over your speeedo. .
Riding gear-A full face helmet good fitting with no damage into the shell.
WE HAVE COVERED THE HELMET THING OFF BEFORE--SCRATCHES ARE OK DAMAGE TO THE HELMET STRUCTURE ARENT--IF IN DOUBT SHOW A MORE EXPERIENCED kbER
gloves,bike boots,cudura 2 piece,leather one piece or two piece. Jeans /work boots are NOT acceptable even if they are "draggin" brand
Pillions will have a gear check on the line before going out. Please note pillions also need to sighn in
THE ONUS IS ON YOU TO MAKE SURE YOUR BIKE/GEAR IS UP TO SCRATCH
-Blown fork seals (oil not running down the fork leg) ,worn swing arm bearings and similar may not stop you getting on the track -BUT as a couple of members have discovered it really mucks up your handling and spoils your enjoyment of the day.Its a great excuse to get those niggly little issues sorted.
-2 Rules for the day
1 Show concideration for everybody else out there
2 Stick to your line -Dont try to get out of anybodys way or deliberately block.
3 when overtaking make sure you can do so safely.If in doubt -DON'T
4 should the front or back wheel come off the ground by "accident" make sure noones around you when you're doing it.
5 slow group riders are only to pass on the back straight before the braking cones
6 Touring group riders -no passing between hairpin and the right hander.-cones will be out to mark these points.
7 Fast group ref rule 3 also first session overtaking on the outside except on the straight --for first session.
8 if you see a flag waving anywhere on the track pull into the pits straight away -the clock will be stopped on your session so ya aint gonna miss out on laps. ANYONE trying to sneak an extra lap will miss out on the rest of that session.
9 If a slower rider is holding you up either rule 3 or ride slowly through the pits and let em get ahead. -again--it aint a race.
10 when leaving the track hold your left hand up to let other riders know.
11 if you are unlucky enough to run off the track raise your hand in the air to let us know you're ok.
12)dont look back
13) if you are unfortunate enough to crash (it wont happen but just in case)
Your bike and gear needs to be rescrutineered before you can go back on the track.
14) NOOONE is to go near the NEW track under any circumstances-a possible concequence is us ALL being thrown off the track.
15) NOONE EXcept martials recovering crashed bikes goes onto the OUTSIDE of any corner --photographers please note this rule--FROM the right hander to the beginning of the sweeper opposite the pits is strictly out of bounds
Also NOONE Trackside without marshals permission and wearing a fluro vest
16--HAVE FUN-- LOTS N LOTS OF FUN

If you disobey these rules for first offence you may miss your next session and be a flag marshal at lunch time.
Second offence and potentially thats ya day finished.

Blatantly dangerous riding or riding under the influence of Alchohol or non medicinal drugs will not be allowed. Zero tolerance.You will be sitting out the rest of the day. ILL PUT IT BLUNTLY--IF I CAN SMELL BOOZE ON YA BREATH IN THE AM YA WONT BE RIDING AT THE EARLIEST TILL THE PM
Again guys N gals I really want one and all to have a good time so these rules are to protect us all.

Photographers/spectators.-nobody will be trackside unless cleared by marshalls and they MUST wear a fluro vest (except during the braking session) and there will be some areas that are out of bounds -this is strictly in the interest of safety

Track day timetable this is the order riders need to do stuff
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
7.30am --gates open /pits open.
8.00am sighn is starts -pay ya money and sighn the indemnity form.also decide on ya choice of lunch

8.05 -Scrutineering starts-bring ya bike and be wearing all ya gear.

Ill be sorting the groups as we do the scrutineering.
9.00am marshalls brief--a quick run through on what theyll be doing.(marshal scrutineering will take precidence over normal riders)
9.15 -Track day brief --a runthrough of what we'll be doing during the day and the track rules.EVERYBODY including spectators/photograhers to attend
9.35 -everybody taken on a SLOW -read VERY SLOW 4 lap session on the track. I would like to make this a bit of a photo session so I wanna keep it dead slow
9.45 -First group out on the track.
9.45-12.30 --4 track sessions per group.
12.30-1.15 lunch break --also marshalls track session.and a pillion session.
1.00pm -"emergency accelleration/braking" session.
Everyone needs to be in the center of the track to watch this one.
1.20 Very short rebriefing. please be there it may be important to YOU
1.25 -4.30 -more riding.
4.30 --4.45 --second marshalls session.pluss pillion session
4.45---WE ALL help pack up/clean up the place.Please folks --even If ya pick up ya own rubbish It makes our lives easier.
5.00--barby and beer time

Perhaps this post or and edited version should have a sticky on it, Maybe a re-tittle , How to Perpare your bike for a track day / what to expect .... Lots of good info here.