PDA

View Full Version : Wellington: Wellington Ride today

merv
7th March 2004, 17:06
A few of a KBers are also e-Riders and we went on a breakfast ride to Carterton today. Here's a few pics which can also be found on my website http://bikemerv.topcities.com/

What was Lynda up to attracting the Police at a Liquor store?

I didn't go on to watch the sprints - went home to ride my WR and prep it a bit more for the Pukemanu so someone else will have to post pics and a report on that.

Spot Scrossers bike (he doesn't post much on here but) that's his CBR600RR in the pics.

I did the trip over the 'tukas yesterday on my WR and today on the way home spotted Doug and Viv riding their army green trail Kwakas over the hill - where were you off to?

merv
7th March 2004, 17:08
.... and here's the last few pics.

Ms Piggy
7th March 2004, 17:26
Mr Melon & I went for a really nice ride this afternoon out to Makara and then over a little rural back road through to J'Ville.

There was new chip on the Makara road (not all the way though) and then a few slips on the back road. Really nice little ride though and nice windy road not far from home.

Thanks Mr Melon :Punk:

DebK
7th March 2004, 18:29
Certain I saw Lynda and Celtic_Sea_lily in Motomart yesterday. My husband & I were drooling over the two Brutale's. Was going to say hi but then lost confidence. You looked rushed anyways.

I think I'm slowly bringing him around to liking bikes as he admitted the MV Augusta was a work of art and liked the seating position and size. Comparing the workmanship on them against the Ducati sitting nearby the Brutale was miles ahead. Made the Ducati look cheap IMO. When I told him my estimate of price he didn't pass out either. Rally car... or Brutale... hmmm.

Ms Piggy
7th March 2004, 19:40
Certain I saw Lynda and Celtic_Sea_lily in Motomart yesterday. My husband & I were drooling over the two Brutale's. Was going to say hi but then lost confidence. You looked rushed anyways.

I think I'm slowly bringing him around to liking bikes as he admitted the MV Augusta was a work of art and liked the seating position and size. Comparing the workmanship on them against the Ducati sitting nearby the Brutale was miles ahead. Made the Ducati look cheap IMO. When I told him my estimate of price he didn't pass out either. Rally car... or Brutale... hmmm.

Hey Deb,
I hope we don't look that scary!! :laugh: We would have loved you to say 'Gidday', we had just been having lattes & Lynda was dropping off her bike & I was looking around for boots (the hunt continues). Next time you should come with us - a great girls outing to bike shops! :niceone:

Great to hear your hubby is softening to the idea, just keep at him :msn-wink:

Cheers Cathy

Pickle
7th March 2004, 20:22
I did the trip over the 'tukas yesterday on my WR and today on the way home spotted Doug and Viv riding their army green trail Kwakas over the hill - where were you off to?[/QUOTE]

Hi Merv plenty of bikes on the hill, went out to Tora & Te Awaiti for a bit of dirt road fun before the Pukemanu, came back via the the road to the glow worm caves all good fun. If you know the guy with the R1 with the No plate Bad R1 tell him I hope I didnt piss him off to much coming down the hill but he was holding me up in the corners & then pissing off in the straights.
Went over the Y yesterday on the road bikes just around the lake & home as we had forgotten about the Martinborough fair. :ride:

LB
8th March 2004, 04:52

DebK - yes, it was us - you should have said who you were, would have loved to have met you...I do remember seeing someone at the Brutales - I think I might have said something like "nice bikes" or similar?

DebK
8th March 2004, 19:07
I remember you asking Cathy if she wanted to ride with you but she said she had study to do... that then confirmed who was who :D Then I thought about it too long and missed my opportunity.

I need to sell a few of our tin-tops before a Brutale is within reach! Three year plan methinks.

Ms Piggy
8th March 2004, 19:18
I remember you asking Cathy if she wanted to ride with you but she said she had study to do... that then confirmed who was who :D Then I thought about it too long and missed my opportunity.

Oh yeah...study :wacko: My desk & books are forever calling to me but then so is my bike!! Unfortunately usually the study wins :bye:

LB
8th March 2004, 19:21
Well yes, I must confess that the HP car at the start of the ride was there because of me.....but he's a mate of mine and knows quite a few in the group. I'm sure people driving past thought we were getting a ticket or lecture though!!

James Deuce
8th March 2004, 20:17
Had a fantastic day yesterday. Went and watched my Nephew (he's 7) have a go at a kids motocross fun day in Masterton, and then met up with a mate for lunch, and then we went Alfredton, Paihiatua (had coffee there a ta pub - was good!), Paihiatua track via Mangamaire, Shannon, and then back to the mate's place in Raumati. Stopped there for a drink and then came home over the deserted Paekakariki hill. Got a couple of cool pics on the digital camera from the top.

Still heaps of water streaming off the hills. Each gully seemed to empty onto the middle of an excellent corner too! Still, the weather more than made up for it. Watch out for a suicidal Jack Russell on the Alfredton - Paihiatua Rd. Savage, insane little bugger!

matthewt
8th March 2004, 22:02
My husband & I were drooling over the two Brutale's.

Hi Debk, There is a demo Brutale in NZ but I think it's been in Auckland for a while so the bike/car magazines can test it. Kiwirider, biketrader and the Auto magazine all have reviews on it.

If you wait a while Motomart will have the demo bike back and you should take it for a spin!! I rode the demo Brutale last year when I was still riding my MV F4 and I can say for 95% of riding the Brutale is the one to own.

You might see mine more often now that I moved offices to Mobil on the Park. I usually park on the Terrace by Woodward St. I think I've seen you bike there a few times.