PDA

View Full Version : Summers back

Lou Girardin
7th March 2004, 20:13
Didn't know what that bright thing in the sky was at first. Too good to hang around the house, so a quick squirt up the Awhitu Peninsula was the plan. Great day, great road, great ride. Was it someone on this forum on the green Z1000 or Z750 heading south? No other bikes around though.
Lou

Two Smoker
7th March 2004, 20:22
I went for a mint ride up SH16 with Milky's brother who was on the R65LS. What a beuatiful day, watch out just after Helensville there is major road works with large chunks of gravel everywhere. Bit gutted that Milky's brother missed the turn off for Old North Road:confused2 There was like 50 bikes either riding through Wellsford or stopping. Good to see everyone there had full gear on:niceone:

How long is that ride Lou? can you give me details about getting there?

Cheers

Lou Girardin
8th March 2004, 05:51
130 km's from the Shore. We turned off at Karaka, through Waiuku and followed the signs north. Turn left at the sign for the Bird Cage cafe, then follow the signs again to the Manukau Heads. There's one gate to go through to get to the Signal station at he heads. The roads are fairly narrow, but there's very little traffic.
Next time you go up SH16, try Old North Rd or Kahikatea Flat Rd, they come out just South of Cowkop. Much more fun than SH16 to Helensville.
Lou

Wenier
8th March 2004, 12:15
sounds like alot of fun wish i was in auckland (i probably wouldnt wish that once i was there thou :))

What?
11th March 2004, 09:59
Good to see a return of summer. Just been away for five days, fishing tournament. Loverly weather, but shag-all fish.
Now I log in and see 1143 new posts... Wish it would rain.