PDA

View Full Version : Wellington: Backroad ride to Manfeild 18/12/05

Deano
17th December 2005, 11:31
Anyone interested in a ride to Manfeild tomorrow (Watch a bit of the racing) ?

Me and at least one other will be leaving the Hutt about 10.30am and heading to the track via the Wairarapa. Probably stop somewhere for a feed as well. Return trip will be back down West side of the ranges.

The pace will be fairly sedate (as usual).

NC
17th December 2005, 12:19
Oh sounds cool, I'm relaxing all day so I should be sweet for tomorrow :slap:

k14
17th December 2005, 17:16
Just got back from the track. The racing was cancelled at around 4:30, but apparantly they are going to try and re-run the races that were missed tomorrow, so it could be a long day.

Hopefully it will be slightly drier out there tomorrow. Make sure you guys come and say hi.

Sensei
17th December 2005, 18:27
Hope to see ya there Deano Weather not looking the best up here today but tomorrow's another day . Will have a Blue GSXR shirt on

Riff Raff
17th December 2005, 20:07
Anyone interested in a ride to Manfeild tomorrow (Watch a bit of the racing) ?.
Would love to, but I have to ride at Taupo track - what a barstard, eh?

Deano
19th December 2005, 09:05
Weather didn't clear up in the Hutt till late so didn't leave. Bugger. Next time.

k14
19th December 2005, 09:24
Was fine at manfeild all day apart from a brief 5 min shower or so around midday. Was very hot (around 27 or so) all day, pretty good conditions for racing and watching, sunblock was a necessity.

Sensei
19th December 2005, 15:04
Yes got very Fried !! Great riding there K14 . Bike have a part seizure in that last race ??

k14
19th December 2005, 15:09
Yes got very Fried !! Great riding there K14 . Bike have a part seizure in that last race ??
nah it was a fucking shit day. had another problem with the carb again, same as at puke, very pissed off, price of owning an old bike i guess, things are really worn and really expensive to replace. The clip fell off the needle again, letting the needle fall right down into the jet, which robbed my mid range. Still probably could have finished the race but could have done some damage cause the bike would have run really lean from 25% to 75% throttle, not really worth the risk.

Sensei
19th December 2005, 16:41
I see the time's where pretty quick for 125's . Look forward to see ya at Wanganui as well as the other KB crew .

k14
19th December 2005, 17:15
I see the time's where pretty quick for 125's . Look forward to see ya at Wanganui as well as the other KB crew .
Yeah the top guys were going pretty fast, still nearly 2 secs off the lap record for 125 though, 1.13.8. I did a 1.19.6 so was happy with that, if only i didn't crash.