PDA

View Full Version : Inverted Forks

Vegan
18th December 2005, 10:43
Question: If I want inverted forks (which I do) for the NC30 - what is the best way to go about this? I have heard that ZXR400 forks can do the job - and they just need machining to fit.???
Any help appreciated.

Hitcher
18th December 2005, 13:06
Answer: Why?

WINJA
18th December 2005, 13:11
sometimes manufacturers balance fork flex with frame flex , carefull it doesnt end up a costly fuck up , i thought the nc35 ?? had usd forks

Vegan
18th December 2005, 13:18
Why? Because my forks need rebuilding anyway - and the inverted forks look better (and apparently perform a little better too). The RVF does have inverted forks but fuck knows where I can obtain a set of those for a reasonable price (I don't think these fit anyway). If I can't sort it out i'll just have mine rebuilt and coated to look slick.

WINJA
18th December 2005, 14:47
why? because my forks need rebuilding anyway - and the inverted forks look better (and apparently perform a little better too). the rvf does have inverted forks but fuck knows where i can obtain a set of those for a reasonable price (i don't think these fit anyway). if i can't sort it out i'll just have mine rebuilt and coated to look slick.
rebuilding is not a big deal , you can go to the auckland library and photo copy the info , or give them to tgebe on the north shore ,he can even adjust them to suit your weight , if it were me id go see tgebe bruin

XTC
18th December 2005, 14:54
rebuilding is not a big deal , you can go to the auckland library and photo copy the info , or give them to tgebe on the north shore ,he can even adjust them to suit your weight , if it were me id go see tgebe bruin
BTW Thats Tjebbe Bruin. (I GOT CAPS :) )

Vegan
18th December 2005, 14:58
Cool, I might just do that. Cheers

Vegan
18th December 2005, 15:13
BTW Thats Tjebbe Bruin. (I GOT CAPS :) )

Bruin Engineering?

FROSTY
20th December 2005, 22:40
brother--unless ya have a truck loada moolah dont bother --im talking from bitter experience--it aint worth it.
get ya forks rebuilt and set up-

Vegan
20th December 2005, 23:50
brother--unless ya have a truck loada moolah dont bother --im talking from bitter experience--it aint worth it.

Yep cheers - I've decided to go dwn that path - found out I know a powder coater who is going to do the forks too before they go for rebuild :)

Brian d marge
21st December 2005, 01:31

What sort off difficulties did you have???

Stephen