PDA

View Full Version : North - South - North --- Anybody there ??? :)

brockhaus
7th March 2004, 22:26
Hi I'm the Austrian with the TDM850 which is looking on the map or for his key -- as Wari described me perfectly.

I'm heading towards south of south island -- no fixed plans yet except the wild food festival in Hokitika -- if I remember correct. Any other KBiker going there or staying at that place?
I've the ferry on Tuesday 6:00 in the morning to the south island *:(*. Did a week on north island (most with Wari) and now I'm looking forward to see the south island and meet people there as well. After two or three weeks in the south I want to go up to the north island again---right to the top before I leave that nice spot in middle/end of April to visit friends in South Africa.

Would be nice to meet some of you for a ride, hiking, chat...
So please reply to this thread, send me a PM, SMS, email or phone.
A combination of internet and phone (SMS) works best---I assume---because I don't have permanent internet access and can't hear the phone while riding my bike.

More Info's on my webpage (have to advertise my webpage *g*) http://marcus.fhstudent.at which is also available in (hopefully understandable) English is you klick on English at the bottom right.

cya, Marcus

p.s. My Cellphone No: 021 25 27 763 SMS or phonecall between 10 in the morning and 11 in the night are most welcome :). If I'm not answering the phone I'm probably riding my TDM850.

LB
8th March 2004, 05:13
Hi Marcus. This weekend 12/13/14 March there's a big bike race at Ruapuna at Christchurch, the John Britten Memorial Race. If you're in the area it would be worthwhile having a look-see. Hamish and I will be down there, let me know if you're going to be going and we could meet up. Website for the race is www.brittenrace.co.nz - it gives you info on the race.

brockhaus
8th March 2004, 19:15
Hi Lynda,
I think I'll leave Hokitika on Sunday morning to see the race.....
or see the race an Friday to go to Hokitika on Saturday morning....
So Sunday afternoon for the race.... or Friday..... what would you recommend?
cya, Marcus

LB
8th March 2004, 19:20
Hi Lynda,
I think I'll leave Hokitika on Sunday morning to see the race.....
or see the race an Friday to go to Hokitika on Saturday morning....
So Sunday afternoon for the race.... or Friday..... what would you recommend?
cya, Marcus
Sunday is in theory the big race day, but it's quite a long way to go from Hokitika to Chch isn't it? You'd need to leave Hokitika very early?? Kickaha or one of the other South Island guys would be better placed to tell you that than me.

I love love love bike racing, if it were me I'd go on Friday and perhaps forget about Hokitika if the racing looks like it's shaping up to be good (which I expect it will) and stay for the Saturday and Sunday too. But that's just me.

Kickaha
8th March 2004, 20:28
Looking about 3-3 1/2 hours depends how fast you push it along and the weather

riffer
8th March 2004, 21:41
Hey Marcus,

great to meet you today mate. Best of luck with the trip down south. Hope you checked out with the ferry to make sure they can secure your bike properly for the trip over the strait.

And hey - don't forget to get that rear tyre checked once you're down there.

All the best.

Si

RiderInBlack
9th March 2004, 07:42
Let me know when you are heading North. I'm 40Km northwest of Whangarei and could organise some free accomidation on the family farm. Would also be keen to ride out with you and show you the sights up here (Cape Reinga, Waipoua Kauri Forest, Kaiiwi lakes, Mangonui, Kerikeri, Paihia, Tukukaka, Etc.). Txt or phone my celephone 025 534350. Any excuse to take the CBR1000F for a ride is cool. I do alot of touring and usually use the tent or backpackers/YHA.

brockhaus
11th March 2004, 22:38
The price to see that my speedometer was correct is 120NZD. Speeding 116km/h in stead of 100. :whocares: :argh:
Has anybody experience with writing in to get off the ticket? I don't want to pay the 120NZD. Although I know now that my motorcycle can do 180 because my speedometer is correct -- I don't want to say here that the needle showed it -- because it would be against the law to speed :whistle:
!!!! The five speedcops were between Inangahua (road 69) and (road 7) Greymouth. !!!! There was also a black car (sorry don't know the brand) with radar on the road...
Hope that will help others.

lynda: I'll try to be at the race on Sunday. See you there -- my cellphone no: 021 25 27 763 to send a SMS to get in touch...
celticno6: Was nice to meet you too. Interesting work at the library. I have to replace the tyre in Christchurch.
Rider in Black: Thanks for that -- will keep that in mind! Will contact u when I'm near that place...

cya, try to avoid the speedcops (I don't know how to do that)
Marcus

RiderInBlack
14th March 2004, 06:54
The price to see that my speedometer was correct is 120NZD. Speeding 116km/h in stead of 100. :whocares: :argh:
Has anybody experience with writing in to get off the ticket?
Marcus
How Long are you going to be in NZ? If less than 28days, you may try just not paying it. Don't think they are much good at chasing the non-payment of tickets if you are no longer in the country (check with some of the other riders).
Had a court case in Toronto, Canada, for not having vehicle insurance back in 1990. Could not afford to say in Toronto for a month waiting for the case, so went to the court to see if I could speed it up. Date could not be made sooner. Offered to pleed guilty and pay an instant fine. No they could not do that. Ask them what would happen if I just left the country. Told there would be a might (if the Officer showed for the case, which was unlikely) fine wanting for me when I return. Left Toronto that week. Have not heard any thing more about the case.
It might still be record in Canada, which might effect application for citizenship, but does not concern me as I am happy to be a NZ'er.

brockhaus
14th March 2004, 21:59
RiderInBlack: I don't want to exclude the possibility to come back one day to NZ....
Lynda: Nice to meet you at the Britten Race 2day.
To the Westcoast of the South Island: Anybody there?
cya, Marcus

Today (Monday) I did first time trial biking together with Kickaha -- thanks for that great possibility it was real fun! :eek:
I also got a new back tyre fitted so I can ride back to the Westcoast of the Sout Island.
Is there any kiwibiker at the Westcoast of the South Island?

cya, Marcus