PDA

View Full Version : helmet is coming wheres me bike

sheddy
18th December 2005, 19:58
Hey.
Saw a lot of bikes at Taupo lunch time today. Some nice machinery on show. That [ Trike works?] Red trike was sweet...( ok its not a bike, but sweet it was) This fickle weather is seriously crap at the moment with four seasons in one day. My helmets on the way but still have not seen the bike for me yet. The XV 1100 still looks like the best bet. If you prefer the upright cruiser style, has to be a v twin and you would like it to handle after a fashion and not be a mother ship for klingons, are there any other options. Leathers or the new generation breathable gear whats the best way to go these days?. Commiserations to those who got wet today roll on February when the rain stops.Cheers

2much
18th December 2005, 22:41
Hey mate, Leather's best for safety and riding in warm weather, Cordura is best if you ride in the wet as well and can be more convenient. Do a search thru these forums and you'll find heaps of comments/opinions on this topic.

Pathos
19th December 2005, 17:46
meh, leathers are fine in the pissing rain.

leathers any day.

Big Chim
19th December 2005, 19:00
Yeah leathers are sweet in the rain, depends how hard its raining though. I havent been wet through yet but i havent been out in really bad weather, ahvent riden a winter yet either, ahh so much to do.