PDA

View Full Version : Ride to akaroa on saturday

JWALKER
19th December 2005, 11:43
hey, i know its getting pretty close to christmas, but, what better way to celebrate its coming than on a bike?.
i'm going to go for a cruise to akaroa on saturday the 24th dec with a couple of other bikes and wondered if anyone else is intrested in a coming along?

Sniper
19th December 2005, 11:44
Pick me, I need to get out the house

JWALKER
19th December 2005, 11:51
Hhmm. . . "jwalker looks around" . . 'i pick the kitty hoding the rifle to ride with'

**R1**
19th December 2005, 11:55
Yeah id be keen, went twice yesterday, so one more b4 xmas cant hurt.

Sniper
19th December 2005, 13:04
Yeah id be keen, went twice yesterday, so one more b4 xmas cant hurt.

Sounds good, guess I'll be able to beat you through the hills this time.

Fordy
19th December 2005, 13:59
Hmmmm,

ride or wife's birthday :confused:

ride or wife's birthday :argh:

Have fun ;)

JWALKER
19th December 2005, 14:02
Hmmmm,

Have fun ;)

its a couple of hours ride lol, you got the whole rest of the day and night with your wifef, lol.

**R1**
19th December 2005, 14:27
Sounds good, guess I'll be able to beat you through the hills this time.how? are you going to taking my keys off me??

**R1**
19th December 2005, 14:28
Hmmmm,

Have fun ;)just shift her bday to sunday, i reschedule rides all the time im sure it can be done with other things.

Sniper
19th December 2005, 14:29
how? are you going to taking my keys off me??

No, Im going to have a 4 hr headstart

Biff
19th December 2005, 14:33
just shift her bday to sunday, i reschedule rides all the time im sure it can be done with other things.

So - erm - your missis talking to you today mate?

he, he ,he

Jeff da maori
19th December 2005, 14:38
what an idea! a christmas eve scorch. pitty I'll be sitting in wellington with my god bothering inlaws. :(

**R1**
19th December 2005, 14:38
So - erm - your missis talking to you today mate?

he, he ,heerrrrr yeah i wouldnt take any relationship advice from me.

sex advice on the other hand...... yeah i would see someone else for that aswell

anyone need help with there wheelies?

Sniper
19th December 2005, 14:39
anyone need help with there wheelies?

Me..........

Rashika
19th December 2005, 14:56
that would be cool... oh but wait gotta go to blenheim instead, bummer... oh no wait now thats gonna be FUN, watching the racing at Wanganui Boxing day :rockon:

Sniper
19th December 2005, 14:57
that would be cool... oh but wait gotta go to blenheim instead, bummer... oh no wait now thats gonna be FUN, watching the racing at Wanganui Boxing day :rockon:

Blenheim? What is so exciting about Blenheim. :spudguita

Kickaha
19th December 2005, 15:04

It's on the way to Wanagnui which will be a fuck sight better than a ride to Akaroa :yes:

Rashika
19th December 2005, 15:04
well its next to picton which is the jumping off point for that land up north, you know the one where the wheels have trouble staying on the ground and up the right way? :apumpin:

JWALKER
19th December 2005, 15:09
It's on the way to Wanagnui which will be a fuck sight better than a ride to Akaroa :yes:

true, but for those not going to wanganui. akaroa ain't half bad

Sniper
19th December 2005, 15:12
Smartarses, I lived in Blenheim for 5 years, its not a nice place........ :lol:

Kickaha
19th December 2005, 15:20
true, but for those not going to wanganui. akaroa ain't half bad

I've done both, Akaroa is a very poor second, there's probably still room on the Ferry though :lol:

Sniper
19th December 2005, 15:23
I've done both, Akaroa is a very poor second, there's probably still room on the Ferry though :lol:

I can't think of any smartarse comment, but I was up in Blenheim two weeks ago. I think I need to buy a bigger bike.

**R1**
19th December 2005, 15:31
No, Im going to have a 4 hr headstartI still fail to see how this will help you, are you going to early to booby trap the road?:motu:

Sniper
19th December 2005, 15:32
I still fail to see how this will help you, are you going to early to booby trap the road?:motu:

Me, play dirty? Never :msn-wink: :devil2:

Nah, I give up until I get the new bike.

Biff
19th December 2005, 15:57
Me, play dirty? Never :msn-wink: :devil2:

Nah, I give up until I get the new bike.

Don't give up, do what I do. Ride like a nana and "tut, tut" at those bloody dangerous road riders. I could beat him you see, but I have too much repsect for blah, blah, blah, wank.

No R1 - I won't race you!

onearmedbandit
19th December 2005, 16:14
What time do you guys plan on leaving? I will probably close the yard about 12ish so would be very keen if you guys are not leaving too early.

dangerous
19th December 2005, 16:27

Hey...... can I come? please, go on let me.... tell ya what I will carry a oil rig for Kickaha and a Fuel tanker for Rashika's small tanked bike..... providing I can borrow you guys electrics at verious stages of the ride, ohhh and I'll even pick up a hitch hiker by the name of Joni and shove here in the pack too................... hows that sound?
Am I in :ride:

Bren_chch
19th December 2005, 17:45
Piss... i'll be in dorkland!

Rashika
19th December 2005, 20:31
Hey...... can I come? please, go on let me.... tell ya what I will carry a oil rig for Kickaha and a Fuel tanker for Rashika's small tanked bike..... providing I can borrow you guys electrics at verious stages of the ride, ohhh and I'll even pick up a hitch hiker by the name of Joni and shove here in the pack too................... hows that sound?
Am I in :ride:
hmmmm we'll think about it... :rolleyes:
do you have booze??

Sniper
19th December 2005, 21:09
So I scared all ya off did I. Hmmm, imagine if I was on a bigger bike

Fordy
19th December 2005, 22:30
So I scared all ya off did I. Hmmm, imagine if I was on a bigger bike

Hey Sniper, have you ever considered getting a bigger bike :lol:

its a couple of hours ride lol, you got the whole rest of the day and night with your wifef, lol.

It might be a few hours to you or me, but when your birthday is on Xmas eve any distraction from 'your day' is a big deal, its not worth antagonizing the missus :Pokey:

T.W.R
19th December 2005, 23:00

what a dismal statement to make :eyepoke: the only real exciting part of going to wangas is from Sanson thru to wangas & thats only 50km & only really gets good past lake alice:yes: & the rest of the good parts of the trip to wangas from chch are all sth island anyhow:bleh:

the old Akaroa run is a all-time top cobweb clearer :rockon:

Lucky sods being able to get out there doin it :angry:

dangerous
20th December 2005, 05:25
the good parts of the trip to wangas from chch are all sth island anyhow:bleh:

Very true, but I know some riders that dont like that ride to Akaroa... cant figger out why, cant figger out why I dont do it more often:sunny:

JWALKER
20th December 2005, 06:31
What time do you guys plan on leaving? I will probably close the yard about 12ish so would be very keen if you guys are not leaving too early.

12.30 behind the halswel pub sound good?. its always good to have another gixxer in the group :drinkup: .

JWALKER
20th December 2005, 06:34
what a dismal statement to make :eyepoke: the only real exciting part of going to wangas is from Sanson thru to wangas & thats only 50km & only really gets good past lake alice:yes: & the rest of the good parts of the trip to wangas from chch are all sth island anyhow:bleh:

Lucky sods being able to get out there doin it :angry:

i agree, i have lived in sanson and the manawtu. i like the ride to akaroa, one of the best work-outs

Sniper
20th December 2005, 06:47
Hey Sniper, have you ever considered getting a bigger bike :lol:

Nah, I stay on the 250 just to give you guys a chance :spudwow:

Biff
20th December 2005, 10:12
Hey...... can I come?
Are you actually allowed out on your own these days?

Silly me - I just re-read the post. So the answer is obviously NO!

cant figger out why I dont do it more often

Because you're not allowed out on your own ya wuss.

Sniper
20th December 2005, 10:16
Because you're not allowed out on your own ya wuss.

Hehehehehehe

JWALKER
20th December 2005, 11:29
It might be a few hours to you or me, but when your birthday is on Xmas eve any distraction from 'your day' is a big deal, its not worth antagonizing the missus :Pokey:[/QUOTE]

Fair enough then,well if you manage to distraction are allowed out. you know where and when will be going.

i think speedygirl is getting her bike soon, there's another ride to go on:ride:

Sniper
20th December 2005, 11:31
i think speedygirl is getting her bike soon, there's another ride to go on:ride:
Cool, so will she be on the back of your bike on sat?

JWALKER
20th December 2005, 11:37
Cool, so will she be on the back of your bike on sat?

uumm . . im not sure, wasn't too sure how fast we would be going, thought if it was a relaxed speed, yeah probably but, if we were gonna probably be moving quite fast i would rather not.
what you reckon?

Rashika
20th December 2005, 14:53
REALLY???????

Tell us more.... :woohoo:

JWALKER
20th December 2005, 15:02
REALLY???????

Tell us more.... :woohoo:

i think so, you will have to check with her, but, was talking about maybe finding out this week.its always good to find out another woman is riding

Sniper
21st December 2005, 07:09
uumm . . im not sure, wasn't too sure how fast we would be going, thought if it was a relaxed speed, yeah probably but, if we were gonna probably be moving quite fast i would rather not.
what you reckon?

Well usually everyone wants to race me so it might be a fast one, but I know Im just too quick so I'll be cruising :devil2:

JWALKER
21st December 2005, 09:17
Well usually everyone wants to race me so it might be a fast one, but I know Im just too quick so I'll be cruising :devil2:

lol, hehe. yeah i have followed you once. . i have no problem trying to keep up

Sniper
21st December 2005, 09:20
lol, hehe. yeah i have followed you once. . i have no problem trying to keep up

Only on the straits :devil2:

JWALKER
21st December 2005, 09:25
Only on the straits :devil2:

harsh. . :violin: , the road was wet . . . lots of corners . . . bike was not
performing properly . . . jwalker tries to find other excauses. lol, it will be fun on saturday

Sniper
21st December 2005, 09:28
harsh. . :violin: , the road was wet . . . lots of corners . . . bike was not
performing properly . . . jwalker tries to find other excauses. lol, it will be fun on saturday

Tell ya what, I'll let you win this time :banana: :laugh:

JWALKER
21st December 2005, 09:31
Tell ya what, I'll let you win this time :banana: :laugh:

Really sir?, that would be fantastic:not: . it will help me with my little make-belive world of me being super-star rider, lol:lol:

Sniper
21st December 2005, 12:24
I change my status from definetly coming to "Depending on the variables I may not be able to attend"

JWALKER
21st December 2005, 14:17
I change my status from definetly coming to "Depending on the variables I may not be able to attend"

real?, you serious?.keep us posted

Sniper
21st December 2005, 15:07
Will do.....

SpeedyGirl
21st December 2005, 21:47

Grrr... am trying !!!! I should have known today!!! But the bike is not in ChCh anyway, would not get it here in time :crybaby:

JWALKER
22nd December 2005, 06:18
soon . . soon. . dont worry you will get it soon, girl

Rashika
22nd December 2005, 07:36
Grrr... am trying !!!! I should have known today!!! But the bike is not in ChCh anyway, would not get it here in time :crybaby:
Fingers crossed for ya! :Punk:

Deviant Esq
22nd December 2005, 08:04
God damnit. I f#%king hate working weekends :weep:

Have fun guys. Pics please! :niceone:

**R1**
22nd December 2005, 09:04
God damnit. I f#%king hate working weekends :weep:

Have fun guys. Pics please! :niceone:didnt you say you were feeling sick?? you look terible:doctor: I would be taking the day off if i were you, better safe than sorry, get out and get some fresh air:devil2:

JWALKER
22nd December 2005, 09:17
didnt you say you were feeling sick?? you look terible:doctor: I would be taking the day off if i were you, better safe than sorry, get out and get some fresh air:devil2:

I definatly agree, you can never be too careful. riding on a bike can work wonders for your health.

Deviant Esq
22nd December 2005, 14:42
:rofl::rofl::killingme:killingme:laugh: :laugh:

Calling in sick on December 24th? I'd be in deep doo doo! The thought did cross my mind though :blip: *Idly wonders if anyone from work cruises these forums... :chase:

Biff
22nd December 2005, 15:25
I'll be there. I may be accompanied by a couple of non KBers. Then again I may not. Who knows. I don't. Waffle, waffle, waffle.

Sniper - don't wear those freakin socks ok!?

Sniper
22nd December 2005, 16:50
Sniper - don't wear those freakin socks ok!?

But those are my lucky socks??
Im trying to get MissSnipers bike running before then but at the moment Im too angry with it.

Transalper
22nd December 2005, 23:18
Looks like my missus is working so i might come along for another cruse with ya all.

JWALKER
23rd December 2005, 06:28
Looks like my missus is working so i might come along for another cruse with ya all.

awesome, its supposed to be sunny sunny sunny, yeah:drinknsin .
how may pubs are in halswell?

Transalper
23rd December 2005, 10:09
how may pubs are in halswell?
The only one i know of shares the shopping centre carpark and is at the corner of Nicholls Rd and Halswell Road.

JWALKER
23rd December 2005, 10:35
The only one i know of shares the shopping centre carpark and is at the corner of Nicholls Rd and Halswell Road.

yeah, thats the one i was thinking of too.meet out the back off the main road?

**R1**
23rd December 2005, 10:44
we normaly just meet in the car park, see ya's there...

JWALKER
23rd December 2005, 10:45
we normaly just meet in the car park, see ya's there...

is that out the back?, to be honest i have never been there. sniper told me to meet there

**R1**
23rd December 2005, 11:05
is that out the back?, to be honest i have never been there. sniper told me to meet thereyou cant miss it trust me..

JWALKER
23rd December 2005, 12:21
sweet as. i will make sure i turn off the rain for tomorrow:stoogie:

Sniper
23rd December 2005, 16:23
I'll take ya there, but I might not be riding.

onearmedbandit
23rd December 2005, 16:31
I'm out. Don't ask.

TonyB
23rd December 2005, 16:37
Me too- destroyed the FZR's brakes at the track day and haven't had time to fix them yet. Have a good ride guys- stay safe.

JWALKER
23rd December 2005, 17:06
I'm out. Don't ask.

that sucks, dang. well we will have to organize another one, i think speedy girl wll be in on that one.
well, all i will se whoever else is coming tomorrow at halswel pub

Sniper
23rd December 2005, 17:17
you cant miss it trust me..

I did, dangerous had to come and get me.

JWALKER
23rd December 2005, 17:23
I did, dangerous had to come and get me.

hehe, lol, with you leading me sniper we cant fail. . . .or can we? . . . hhmm . . . i think we wlll ge there

Sniper
23rd December 2005, 17:38
hehe, lol, with you leading me sniper we cant fail. . . .or can we? . . . hhmm . . . i think we wlll ge there

I don't think you really want to follow me. I can miss a major rally on a strait Rd

Bren_chch
23rd December 2005, 19:13
Wish i could come on the ride... bugga! :wacko:

JWALKER
23rd December 2005, 21:03
Wish i could come on the ride... bugga! :wacko:

whats the problem, how come you cant?

**R1**
24th December 2005, 08:36
dont know about you guys but im still up for a blast, 12.30 aye?

Sniper
24th December 2005, 09:58
Yep, see ya there R1. I can't come to Akaroa but I'll say Hi at Halswell.

Skyryder
24th December 2005, 10:01
Is todays ride still on?

Skyryder

Sniper
24th December 2005, 10:02
Yep................

JWALKER
24th December 2005, 10:21
its still on, as far as im concerned. just went for a ride around the hills, very rfreshing. you still keen as r1?

Adam_B
24th December 2005, 10:37
Shopping's done and the sun's out so I'm in.

JWALKER
24th December 2005, 10:46
Shopping's done and the sun's out so I'm in.

sweet, 12.30 at halswel pub, look forward to seeing you. i will be riding my yellow gsxr with yellow jacket

T.W.R
24th December 2005, 11:01
Enjoy it you lucky buggers:niceone:
be safe & no silly shit huh :niceone:

onearmedbandit
24th December 2005, 11:11
Yeah enjoy guys, I might get out for a ride late afternoon or early evening.

JWALKER
24th December 2005, 17:27
Yeah enjoy guys, I might get out for a ride late afternoon or early evening.

it was great. beautiful ride, dry roads, it was awesome. riding back, my mate on the 250cc, took off down the akaroa hill, and left us behind, its amazing how quick they can be.
i think we need to organize another ride, with everyone

Bren_chch
25th December 2005, 11:12
I can do monday at 6:30 if anyone wants another blast to akaroa? OAB?

Sniper
25th December 2005, 20:31
I'll see what Im doing Bren

JWALKER
26th December 2005, 10:35
I can do monday at 6:30 if anyone wants another blast to akaroa? OAB?

could be good for a blat

Bren_chch
26th December 2005, 11:12
PISS and BOLLOX... flight delay, wont be back in time!!!!!!!

TUESDAY @1 from the halswell car park?

Sniper
26th December 2005, 11:34
PISS and BOLLOX... flight delay, wont be back in time!!!!!!!

TUESDAY @1 from the halswell car park?

Im working. Damn you!!! :whistle:

maddog007
26th December 2005, 22:11
did any of you guys go over today ( monday ), i took the family for an excursion in the cage,saw some nice bikes getting around.including a new yellow GSX, (didnt look like a matching jacket though ) & some other old school rides.

Sniper
27th December 2005, 07:03
did any of you guys go over today ( monday ), i took the family for an excursion in the cage,saw some nice bikes getting around.including a new yellow GSX, (didnt look like a matching jacket though ) & some other old school rides.

5 of us went for a ride to Amberley round 7ish.

Monsterbishi
27th December 2005, 08:02
Im working. Damn you!!! :whistle:

In that case, when you finish you should come out to Ruapuna and prove once and for all what a CBR250 can do down the 1/4 mile, it's night drags, gates open at 5pm.

onearmedbandit
27th December 2005, 10:04
Sorry Bren, working today.

Sniper
27th December 2005, 10:04
In that case, when you finish you should come out to Ruapuna and prove once and for all what a CBR250 can do down the 1/4 mile, it's night drags, gates open at 5pm.

You kidding? Tonight? Count me in.

Bren_chch
27th December 2005, 10:39
Sorry Bren, working today.

lol... man u work too much!

Sniper
27th December 2005, 10:40
lol... man u work too much!

Do I what. I can always ride after work

Bren_chch
27th December 2005, 13:22
wot time?..........