PDA

View Full Version : Red & White Yamaha XJR

James Deuce
8th March 2004, 10:36
Saw a lovely one with twin neptune exhausts on it during this morning's commute - only thing was his rear tyre was nearly flat. Does anyone in Wellington know the guy? If you do could you let him know (assuming he hasn't spotted it already)?

Jim2

LB
8th March 2004, 10:47
I know the previous owner, but that's not a great deal of use.....I'll give Motomart a call, as they sold the bike to whoever's got it now.

Will keep you posted if I can contact the guy.

White trash
8th March 2004, 11:12
Isn't it great to see motorcyclists looking out for each other!

I'll expect a PM notifying me of my apparent lack of front wheel contact with the road soon!

riffer
8th March 2004, 11:26
Saw a lovely one with twin neptune exhausts on it during this morning's commute - only thing was his rear tyre was nearly flat. Does anyone in Wellington know the guy? If you do could you let him know (assuming he hasn't spotted it already)?

Jim2
That wasn't the one with the rego BUCHA was it?

I followed him up Murphy St and tried to point to his back tyre but he wasn't paying attention.

The bike sounded nice though.

Didn't see you tho Jim - must have just missed you.

Motu
8th March 2004, 11:27
I rode in a trial yesterday with a flat front tyre - we run low presures,but not that low!

James Deuce
8th March 2004, 11:42
That wasn't the one with the rego BUCHA was it?

I followed him up Murphy St and tried to point to his back tyre but he wasn't paying attention.

The bike sounded nice though.

Didn't see you tho Jim - must have just missed you.

That's the one - you went past me just after he did! (was in the FIAT o' doom)

Trash - I didn't know you HAD a front wheel - I thought you rode like that 'cos it fell out!

White trash
8th March 2004, 11:54
That's the one - you went past me just after he did! (was in the FIAT o' doom)

Trash - I didn't know you HAD a front wheel - I thought you rode like that 'cos it fell out!

It might as well've! :lol:

SPman
8th March 2004, 12:10
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1225&stc=1.................................

LB
8th March 2004, 12:28
Thanks Jim2, all is sorted. The guy's name is Dave Butcher (hence the numberplate) and a message has been left on his cellphone advising him of the problem.

Anyone else got anything they need sorted? (God, I'm a smartass sometimes aren't I!!)

But seriously, isn't this a great information-sharing forum? As well as being entertaining and funny as well.

Thanks for the site SpankMe.

James Deuce
8th March 2004, 12:31
Thanks Jim2, all is sorted. The guy's name is Dave Butcher (hence the numberplate) and a message has been left on his cellphone advising him of the problem.

Anyone else got anything they need sorted? (God, I'm a smartass sometimes aren't I!!)

But seriously, isn't this a great information-sharing forum? As well as being entertaining and funny as well.

Thanks for the site SpankMe.

Good on you!!!

Cheers Lynda.

James Deuce
8th March 2004, 12:34
Nice one SPman :)

LB
10th March 2004, 05:11
Thanks for the reputation comment Jim2